My name is Shane, and I am a 19 year old college student. I will be in Germany for 4 weeks during the month of June on an organized study abroad with Temple University. After completing the 4 week period, my good friend from home is flying over to meet up with me in Berlin. We have 3 weeks including the day of arrival and departure. We already have 2 nights booked in Berlin (wombats hostel) to start the trip and 4 nights in Amsterdam (flying pig hostel) to end. Leaving 12 full days and 2 travel days in the middle. The main priorities for the center part of the trip is hiking the alps in Switzerland and possibly exploring northern Italy, unless the crowds are to large. I am wondering if anyone thinks it would be a good idea to loosely plan the center of my trip and leave it open to change, depending upon what happens along the way. Do not want to be locked into staying anywhere because I already booked the hostel.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia Ferry Help
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 getting to CDG
- 5 Ireland hotel questions
- 6 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 7 Ireland travel passport question
- 8 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 9 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 10 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 11 Switzerland in November?
- 12 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 13 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 14 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 15 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 16 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 17 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 18 Barcelona cooking classes
- 19 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 22 4 days itinerary for France
- 23 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 24 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 25 Help with Ferries in Croatia