My name is Shane, and I am a 19 year old college student. I will be in Germany for 4 weeks during the month of June on an organized study abroad with Temple University. After completing the 4 week period, my good friend from home is flying over to meet up with me in Berlin. We have 3 weeks including the day of arrival and departure. We already have 2 nights booked in Berlin (wombats hostel) to start the trip and 4 nights in Amsterdam (flying pig hostel) to end. Leaving 12 full days and 2 travel days in the middle. The main priorities for the center part of the trip is hiking the alps in Switzerland and possibly exploring northern Italy, unless the crowds are to large. I am wondering if anyone thinks it would be a good idea to loosely plan the center of my trip and leave it open to change, depending upon what happens along the way. Do not want to be locked into staying anywhere because I already booked the hostel.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 2 Stuck in Paris
- 3 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 4 Berlin to ?
- 5 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 6 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 7 Renting a car in Greece
- 8 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 9 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 10 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 11 Spain - day driver advice
- 12 Greece
- 13 Ex-pats with young kids
- 14 Iceland france spain
- 15 Ludwig Castles
- 16 Help on ancient history route
- 17 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 18 London with Teens Trip Report
- 19 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 20 Paris hotel
- 21 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 22 Spanish food - not that special?
- 23 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 24 Maximizing Norway time
- 25 Cortona -- just a passing thought