My wife and I are planning a three-week Europe trip from August 18 - September 6. Our flight from the States lands in Vienna, and our flight back to the States leaves from Rome. I was thinking the following itinerary sounds fun (each day listed represents a night's stay), but would like some idea about whether it's too ambitious and what I could/should add or remove:
Aug. 18/19/20 - Vienna
Aug. 21 - Bratislava
Aug. 22/23/24 - Cinque Terre
Aug. 25/26/27 - Florence
Aug. 28/29 - Venice
Aug. 30/31-Sep. 1 - Bari/Dubrovnik (using overnight ferries)
Sep. 2/3/4/5 - Rome
Sep. 6 - long layover (appx. 20 hours) in Dublin en route back to NYC
I appreciate any and all tips.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 2 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 3 Swiss Travel Pass
- 4 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 5 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 6 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 7 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 8 Another tipping question: concierges
- 9 24 hours in Zurich
- 10 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 11 Summer Travel order
- 12 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 13 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 14 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 15 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 16 Trip suggestion
- 17 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 18 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 19 Spain in July
- 20 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 21 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 22 Dijon in December!
- 23 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 24 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 25 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
3-week itinerary - Austria, Slovakia, Italy, Croatia - too ambitious?