My wife and I are planning a three-week Europe trip from August 18 - September 6. Our flight from the States lands in Vienna, and our flight back to the States leaves from Rome. I was thinking the following itinerary sounds fun (each day listed represents a night's stay), but would like some idea about whether it's too ambitious and what I could/should add or remove:
Aug. 18/19/20 - Vienna
Aug. 21 - Bratislava
Aug. 22/23/24 - Cinque Terre
Aug. 25/26/27 - Florence
Aug. 28/29 - Venice
Aug. 30/31-Sep. 1 - Bari/Dubrovnik (using overnight ferries)
Sep. 2/3/4/5 - Rome
Sep. 6 - long layover (appx. 20 hours) in Dublin en route back to NYC
I appreciate any and all tips.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 3 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 4 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 5 Jewish Vienna
- 6 Short time in Vienna
- 7 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 8 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 9 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 10 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 11 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 12 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 13 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 14 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 15 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 16 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 17 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 18 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 19 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 20 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 21 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 22 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 23 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 24 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 25 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
3-week itinerary - Austria, Slovakia, Italy, Croatia - too ambitious?