My wife and I are planning a three-week Europe trip from August 18 - September 6. Our flight from the States lands in Vienna, and our flight back to the States leaves from Rome. I was thinking the following itinerary sounds fun (each day listed represents a night's stay), but would like some idea about whether it's too ambitious and what I could/should add or remove:
Aug. 18/19/20 - Vienna
Aug. 21 - Bratislava
Aug. 22/23/24 - Cinque Terre
Aug. 25/26/27 - Florence
Aug. 28/29 - Venice
Aug. 30/31-Sep. 1 - Bari/Dubrovnik (using overnight ferries)
Sep. 2/3/4/5 - Rome
Sep. 6 - long layover (appx. 20 hours) in Dublin en route back to NYC
I appreciate any and all tips.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US: YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 3 Train / Calabria
- 4 Avoid Europcar!
- 5 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 6 Guided Vatican Tours
- 7 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 8 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 9 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 10 Paris for children
- 11 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 12 Couscous
- 13 London in Winter Report
- 14 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 15 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 16 16 days in France and Italy
- 17 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 18 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 19 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 20 IWM
- 21 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 22 How are the feasts in Malta Celebrated?
- 23 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 24 Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
- 25 quickest way to Prague
3-week itinerary - Austria, Slovakia, Italy, Croatia - too ambitious?