My wife and I are planning a three-week Europe trip from August 18 - September 6. Our flight from the States lands in Vienna, and our flight back to the States leaves from Rome. I was thinking the following itinerary sounds fun (each day listed represents a night's stay), but would like some idea about whether it's too ambitious and what I could/should add or remove:
Aug. 18/19/20 - Vienna
Aug. 21 - Bratislava
Aug. 22/23/24 - Cinque Terre
Aug. 25/26/27 - Florence
Aug. 28/29 - Venice
Aug. 30/31-Sep. 1 - Bari/Dubrovnik (using overnight ferries)
Sep. 2/3/4/5 - Rome
Sep. 6 - long layover (appx. 20 hours) in Dublin en route back to NYC
I appreciate any and all tips.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Corsica
- 2 17 days in England
- 3 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 4 VENICE
- 5 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 6 London best location
- 7 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 8 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 9 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 10 Transportation Tips/Advice for Spain (itinerary included)
- 11 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please
- 12 An Introduction to French Wines...
- 13 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 14 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 15 Scandinavian itinerary sanity check
- 16 travel around Spain
- 17 Train up the Jungfrau
- 18 credit and debit cards
- 19 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 20 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 21 Driving (hire car) in London…
- 22 CDG to Marais transfer
- 23 Train from Charles de Gaulle
- 24 Italy Trip Report
- 25 One month vacation between Malta and Italy
3-week itinerary - Austria, Slovakia, Italy, Croatia - too ambitious?