My wife and I are planning a three-week Europe trip from August 18 - September 6. Our flight from the States lands in Vienna, and our flight back to the States leaves from Rome. I was thinking the following itinerary sounds fun (each day listed represents a night's stay), but would like some idea about whether it's too ambitious and what I could/should add or remove:
Aug. 18/19/20 - Vienna
Aug. 21 - Bratislava
Aug. 22/23/24 - Cinque Terre
Aug. 25/26/27 - Florence
Aug. 28/29 - Venice
Aug. 30/31-Sep. 1 - Bari/Dubrovnik (using overnight ferries)
Sep. 2/3/4/5 - Rome
Sep. 6 - long layover (appx. 20 hours) in Dublin en route back to NYC
I appreciate any and all tips.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 2 Ireland in April
- 3 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 4 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 5 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 6 Tour groups
- 7 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 8 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 9 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 10 So much to do, so little time!
- 11 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 12 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 13 Baby Milk
- 14 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 15 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 16 French restaurants
- 17 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 18 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 19 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 20 Driving in Italy?
- 21 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 22 Luggage Storage at Barcelona Port
- 23 Super Cover For Hertz
- 24 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 25 Amalfi coast hotel recs
3-week itinerary - Austria, Slovakia, Italy, Croatia - too ambitious?