I have 3 very precious weeks in Italy. It is my first time and I would love some guidance.
I fly to Rome 16/9/14 and I leave from Milan 6/10/14. I am travelling solo for this trip.
I am travelling mostly to find some heart and soul and because I have long dreamed of doing it in Italy. That said this has come about fairly "last minute" and I need some help.
My interests are in food, wine, beautiful landscapes, culture and the small details that make the difference. I'm also a newbie at photography so will look for those opportunities too. I want to spend as much time as I can in Florence and the Tuscan region but want to do Rome as a start and would love to spend a few days in Como, before heading to Milan at the end of my trip.
I have questions like where to stay in Rome and how long to spend there (3 days?), where to stay in Florence and then how to approach my trip into Tuscany. I plan to hire a car and see and do as much as possible without being frantic and missing the point.
I haven't booked anything yet, am starting that now.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Avoid Europcar!
- 2 16 days in France and Italy
- 3 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 4 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 5 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 6 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 7 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 8 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 9 Amsterdam
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 11 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 12 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 13 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 14 Train / Calabria
- 15 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 16 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 17 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 18 Paris for children
- 19 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 20 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 21 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 22 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 23 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 24 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 25 Spain itinerary and railway advise