I have 3 very precious weeks in Italy. It is my first time and I would love some guidance.
I fly to Rome 16/9/14 and I leave from Milan 6/10/14. I am travelling solo for this trip.
I am travelling mostly to find some heart and soul and because I have long dreamed of doing it in Italy. That said this has come about fairly "last minute" and I need some help.
My interests are in food, wine, beautiful landscapes, culture and the small details that make the difference. I'm also a newbie at photography so will look for those opportunities too. I want to spend as much time as I can in Florence and the Tuscan region but want to do Rome as a start and would love to spend a few days in Como, before heading to Milan at the end of my trip.
I have questions like where to stay in Rome and how long to spend there (3 days?), where to stay in Florence and then how to approach my trip into Tuscany. I plan to hire a car and see and do as much as possible without being frantic and missing the point.
I haven't booked anything yet, am starting that now.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 2 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 3 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 4 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 5 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 6 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 7 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 8 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 9 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 10 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 11 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 12 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 13 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 14 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 15 Appenzell in December?
- 16 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 17 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 18 Iceland in January/February
- 19 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 20 Switzerland
- 21 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 22 WWI Battlefields
- 23 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 24 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 25 Visiting Zurich