I have 3 very precious weeks in Italy. It is my first time and I would love some guidance.
I fly to Rome 16/9/14 and I leave from Milan 6/10/14. I am travelling solo for this trip.
I am travelling mostly to find some heart and soul and because I have long dreamed of doing it in Italy. That said this has come about fairly "last minute" and I need some help.
My interests are in food, wine, beautiful landscapes, culture and the small details that make the difference. I'm also a newbie at photography so will look for those opportunities too. I want to spend as much time as I can in Florence and the Tuscan region but want to do Rome as a start and would love to spend a few days in Como, before heading to Milan at the end of my trip.
I have questions like where to stay in Rome and how long to spend there (3 days?), where to stay in Florence and then how to approach my trip into Tuscany. I plan to hire a car and see and do as much as possible without being frantic and missing the point.
I haven't booked anything yet, am starting that now.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 2 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 3 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 4 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 5 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 6 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 7 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 8 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 9 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 10 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 11 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 12 Need Information about French Alps
- 13 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 14 Trip to Rome
- 15 Best Indian Food
- 16 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 17 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 18 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 19 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 20 Piedmont as a destination
- 21 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 22 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 23 dinner jackets
- 24 France Itinerary Advice
- 25 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!