I will be traveling through Europe for 10.5 weeks this fall with 2 kids, 8 and 10. We are spending 2 weeks in England, 1 week in Belgium, 3 weeks in France, and 3 weeks in Italy. I have a few days between France and Italy to visit Switzerland. I do not have my itinerary nailed down in Italy yet so I could conceivably spend more time in Switzerland but have only planned a few days because of the expense. Can anyone give advice on what to see/do in Switzerland for just a few days? I am planning to return my rental car in France and travel by train in Italy so I am flexible as to where to start and end this portion of our trip. My rough plan up until now has been to travel to Zermatt and back (from either Geneva or Milan depending where I end the France portion of our trip) and staying 1 or 2 nights. However, I have recently wondered whether I should just plan a few days of train travel through the country for some relaxed sight seeing. Could we get a sleeper car and just travel around the country for a few days? What other suggestions do experienced Swiss travelers have for us? The timeframe for this portion of the trip is mid-November.
3 (or more?) days in Switzerland with kids
- 1 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 2 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 3 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 4 London at Xmas
- 5 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 6 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 7 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 8 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 9 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 10 French Riviera and Italy 3 weeks - need itinerary help and suggestions
- 11 Planning my days in Paris
- 12 Portugal Trip 21-30 April 2013
- 13 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 14 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 15 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 16 Bank of England Museum
- 17 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 18 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 19 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 20 Through Naples to Sorrento or Pompei?
- 21 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 22 Palermo and Taormina
- 23 Looking for Paris apartment for honeymoon
- 24 Oystercard/Travelcard planning
- 25 Emergency apartment/hotel - Frankfurt -Dornstetten-Hallwangen area