We are planning to take an early morning train from Rome to naples, and then plan to stay in sorrento (or amalfi) for three nights. On the 4th day, we will be going back to Naples to take a flight back. Our flight leaves from naples around 6:30 pm.
We won't have time for naples this time but do want to visit Pompeii on our way to sorrento or on the last day. From what I can tell - if we leave sorrento in the morning around 9am, we will have enough time to visit pompeii (put bags at bag storage) and take a train to naples from there by 2:30pm. Is there any reasons why we shouldn't consider that?
If time permits, we would also like to visit Capri one day. Please send your tips for optimizing our 3 1/2 short days in that area.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pottery factory tour on Poland (?)
- 2 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 3 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 4 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 5 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 6 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 7 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 8 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 9 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 10 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 11 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 12 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 13 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 14 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 15 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 16 Salzburg itinerary review
- 17 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 18 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 19 Milan and Lake Como
- 20 weekend from cologne germany
- 21 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 22 Switzerland in September
- 23 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 24 Where to eat in Rome?
- 25 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
3 nights in sorrento/amalfi - please help with day planning