We are planning to take an early morning train from Rome to naples, and then plan to stay in sorrento (or amalfi) for three nights. On the 4th day, we will be going back to Naples to take a flight back. Our flight leaves from naples around 6:30 pm.
We won't have time for naples this time but do want to visit Pompeii on our way to sorrento or on the last day. From what I can tell - if we leave sorrento in the morning around 9am, we will have enough time to visit pompeii (put bags at bag storage) and take a train to naples from there by 2:30pm. Is there any reasons why we shouldn't consider that?
If time permits, we would also like to visit Capri one day. Please send your tips for optimizing our 3 1/2 short days in that area.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St Denis Cathedral
- 2 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 3 Paris in September
- 4 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 5 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 6 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 7 Day trips from Florence
- 8 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 9 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 10 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 11 First time in Bulgaria
- 12 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 13 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 14 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 15 May get together in Paris
- 16 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 17 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 18 No Periods in British Written English!
- 19 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 20 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 21 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 22 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 23 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 24 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 25 Self drive tour companies
3 nights in sorrento/amalfi - please help with day planning