I've been doing some research on Rome (my wife to be and I are going for our honeymoon, starting in Rome for 3 nights this August) In regard to hotels:
I was considering the Quirinale area first, but after some feedback on how safe those areas are (near Termini, especially to walk around at night).. I want to consider these areas:
- Campo de Fiori
Would anyone say if any of these areas are 'unsafe' or 'inconvenient' in terms of transport? For example lets say my wife and I come back from a tour in the day, and then at night we want to walk to dinner and explore the night life in the area, and come back late at night. Will transport be a problem, or will walking be unsafe (i.e. I assume lots of tourists will be around)?
My other concern is transport - if I will be able to easily use buses or taxis? For example in Campo de Fiori, will it be easy for me to get to and from my hotel if I stay in that area? (please let me know any areas you do/do not recommend if this is an issue).
Finally Are taxis quite expensive in Rome and do people usually take buses, or would you usually use taxis as a tourist? Say from the international airport to the hotel, and then the hotel to sites like Vatican City or the Termini station..(considering whichever area you are familiar with from the above list)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 3 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 4 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 5 Paris day trips August
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Spain in July
- 8 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 9 Transportation from Brno train station
- 10 Petrol in Greece
- 11 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 12 Where to enjoy Paris
- 13 Acorn TV
- 14 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 15 Athens
- 16 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 17 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 18 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 19 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 20 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 21 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 22 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 23 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 24 We're here!
- 25 10 days in Paris and......
3 nights in Rome, 'best' (accessible & safe) areas to stay?