I've been doing some research on Rome (my wife to be and I are going for our honeymoon, starting in Rome for 3 nights this August) In regard to hotels:
I was considering the Quirinale area first, but after some feedback on how safe those areas are (near Termini, especially to walk around at night).. I want to consider these areas:
- Campo de Fiori
Would anyone say if any of these areas are 'unsafe' or 'inconvenient' in terms of transport? For example lets say my wife and I come back from a tour in the day, and then at night we want to walk to dinner and explore the night life in the area, and come back late at night. Will transport be a problem, or will walking be unsafe (i.e. I assume lots of tourists will be around)?
My other concern is transport - if I will be able to easily use buses or taxis? For example in Campo de Fiori, will it be easy for me to get to and from my hotel if I stay in that area? (please let me know any areas you do/do not recommend if this is an issue).
Finally Are taxis quite expensive in Rome and do people usually take buses, or would you usually use taxis as a tourist? Say from the international airport to the hotel, and then the hotel to sites like Vatican City or the Termini station..(considering whichever area you are familiar with from the above list)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 2 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 3 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 4 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 5 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 6 Orleans to Amboise on a Sunday
- 7 Late October European trek/hike location suggestions
- 8 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 9 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 10 Where to start Chiantigiana drive from Montepulciano?
- 11 20 free days of Europe
- 12 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 13 CDG international flight
- 14 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 15 12 days europe
- 16 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 17 Budapest on a budget
- 18 Seville in late January
- 19 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 20 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 21 Help family trip Sardinia with 2years old
- 22 3 days to spend in europe
- 23 Getting to CDG Airport from Le Marais
- 24 RFID Protection
- 25 Beaches in Southern France
3 nights in Rome, 'best' (accessible & safe) areas to stay?