I've been doing some research on Rome (my wife to be and I are going for our honeymoon, starting in Rome for 3 nights this August) In regard to hotels:
I was considering the Quirinale area first, but after some feedback on how safe those areas are (near Termini, especially to walk around at night).. I want to consider these areas:
- Campo de Fiori
Would anyone say if any of these areas are 'unsafe' or 'inconvenient' in terms of transport? For example lets say my wife and I come back from a tour in the day, and then at night we want to walk to dinner and explore the night life in the area, and come back late at night. Will transport be a problem, or will walking be unsafe (i.e. I assume lots of tourists will be around)?
My other concern is transport - if I will be able to easily use buses or taxis? For example in Campo de Fiori, will it be easy for me to get to and from my hotel if I stay in that area? (please let me know any areas you do/do not recommend if this is an issue).
Finally Are taxis quite expensive in Rome and do people usually take buses, or would you usually use taxis as a tourist? Say from the international airport to the hotel, and then the hotel to sites like Vatican City or the Termini station..(considering whichever area you are familiar with from the above list)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary help needed for month in France.
- 2 Need help texting between US and French cell phones
- 3 Need advice to plan a trip for graduation gift
- 4 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 5 BritRail Pass Seat Reservation Cost
- 6 Rome & Amalfi Coast (driving/Public Transit questions)
- 7 2 wk in Italy-Venice/Florence/CT/Pisa/Rome
- 8 Netherlands, Alps, Tuscany
- 9 Touring Wales
- 10 Please critique my itinerary
- 11 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 12 Tour Recommendations Venice, Florence, Rom
- 13 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 14 Bus from Montepulciano, Italy to Roma Fiumicino Airport?
- 15 Southern Italy with 3 teens for a week
- 16 KNOWL and/or CHARTWELL in Kent from London by train?
- 17 Fivizzano; near Aulla, Italy
- 18 8 day trip from Denmark to Austria and Switzerland
- 19 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 20 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 21 Alhambra night tour tickets question / Seville Alcazar night tour
- 22 Belgium Travel Concept
- 23 Planning Europe itinerary
- 24 Shipping wine from Italy to Massachusetts
- 25 Itinerary Help For Switzerland And Lakes Region Of Italy
3 nights in Rome, 'best' (accessible & safe) areas to stay?