I've been doing some research on Rome (my wife to be and I are going for our honeymoon, starting in Rome for 3 nights this August) In regard to hotels:
I was considering the Quirinale area first, but after some feedback on how safe those areas are (near Termini, especially to walk around at night).. I want to consider these areas:
- Campo de Fiori
Would anyone say if any of these areas are 'unsafe' or 'inconvenient' in terms of transport? For example lets say my wife and I come back from a tour in the day, and then at night we want to walk to dinner and explore the night life in the area, and come back late at night. Will transport be a problem, or will walking be unsafe (i.e. I assume lots of tourists will be around)?
My other concern is transport - if I will be able to easily use buses or taxis? For example in Campo de Fiori, will it be easy for me to get to and from my hotel if I stay in that area? (please let me know any areas you do/do not recommend if this is an issue).
Finally Are taxis quite expensive in Rome and do people usually take buses, or would you usually use taxis as a tourist? Say from the international airport to the hotel, and then the hotel to sites like Vatican City or the Termini station..(considering whichever area you are familiar with from the above list)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 토토 총판 방법 kakao: dnj2016 텔레그램 : speed2017
- 2 Greek Islands (small)
- 3 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 4 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 5 Spain in December
- 6 K-Day
- 7 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 8 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 9 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 10 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 11 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 12 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 13 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 14 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 15 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 16 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 17 Lay over time
- 18 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 19 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 20 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 21 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 22 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 23 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 24 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 25 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
3 nights in Rome, 'best' (accessible & safe) areas to stay?