I've been doing some research on Rome (my wife to be and I are going for our honeymoon, starting in Rome for 3 nights this August) In regard to hotels:
I was considering the Quirinale area first, but after some feedback on how safe those areas are (near Termini, especially to walk around at night).. I want to consider these areas:
- Campo de Fiori
Would anyone say if any of these areas are 'unsafe' or 'inconvenient' in terms of transport? For example lets say my wife and I come back from a tour in the day, and then at night we want to walk to dinner and explore the night life in the area, and come back late at night. Will transport be a problem, or will walking be unsafe (i.e. I assume lots of tourists will be around)?
My other concern is transport - if I will be able to easily use buses or taxis? For example in Campo de Fiori, will it be easy for me to get to and from my hotel if I stay in that area? (please let me know any areas you do/do not recommend if this is an issue).
Finally Are taxis quite expensive in Rome and do people usually take buses, or would you usually use taxis as a tourist? Say from the international airport to the hotel, and then the hotel to sites like Vatican City or the Termini station..(considering whichever area you are familiar with from the above list)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Avignon: hotel l'europe or cloitre st louis and gordes
- 2 air conditioning
- 3 Hotels near Roma Termini
- 4 Gibraltar-is it worth a stop?
- 5 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 6 Amalfi coast 8 days with 4 yr old
- 7 Need hotel recs for Munich and SOM country
- 8 Italy Trip - 2 Weeks
- 9 Bath or Exeter
- 10 Any recent visitors to Aran Sweater Market Inis Mor Island, Ireland?
- 11 Switzerland - altitude sickness question.
- 12 Have you been to the Ferrari Museum in Italy
- 13 Perigord Noir-not a good fit for us
- 14 Our Paris plans
- 15 Have I made a mistake in my apartment choice in Paris?
- 16 1st time in Europe - need help
- 17 Ostuni favourites
- 18 Dubrovnik City Wall Walk - Hours?
- 19 Strasbourg or Obernai?
- 20 Help with an itinerary that centers on Crete?
- 21 Stratford-upon-avon in England
- 22 Where to go in Southern Italy in December?
- 23 Barcelona Itinerary
- 24 train connections in the UK
- 25 Barcelona Barcelona where have you been all my life! Days 1 and 2
3 nights in Rome, 'best' (accessible & safe) areas to stay?