I've been doing some research on Rome (my wife to be and I are going for our honeymoon, starting in Rome for 3 nights this August) In regard to hotels:
I was considering the Quirinale area first, but after some feedback on how safe those areas are (near Termini, especially to walk around at night).. I want to consider these areas:
- Campo de Fiori
Would anyone say if any of these areas are 'unsafe' or 'inconvenient' in terms of transport? For example lets say my wife and I come back from a tour in the day, and then at night we want to walk to dinner and explore the night life in the area, and come back late at night. Will transport be a problem, or will walking be unsafe (i.e. I assume lots of tourists will be around)?
My other concern is transport - if I will be able to easily use buses or taxis? For example in Campo de Fiori, will it be easy for me to get to and from my hotel if I stay in that area? (please let me know any areas you do/do not recommend if this is an issue).
Finally Are taxis quite expensive in Rome and do people usually take buses, or would you usually use taxis as a tourist? Say from the international airport to the hotel, and then the hotel to sites like Vatican City or the Termini station..(considering whichever area you are familiar with from the above list)
3 nights in Rome, 'best' (accessible & safe) areas to stay?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 2 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 3 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 4 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 5 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 6 Tivoli Gardens - any special place for birthday dinner
- 7 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 8 What to wear
- 9 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 10 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 11 Paris November 2014
- 12 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 13 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 14 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 15 Traveling in France by train
- 16 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 17 Arc de Triumph Question
- 18 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 19 3 night stopover in Iceland - need suggestions
- 20 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 21 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 22 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??
- 23 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 24 Help: Transit through Frankfurt on way to Turkey (from US)
- 25 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?