I've been doing some research on Rome (my wife to be and I are going for our honeymoon, starting in Rome for 3 nights this August) In regard to hotels:
I was considering the Quirinale area first, but after some feedback on how safe those areas are (near Termini, especially to walk around at night).. I want to consider these areas:
- Campo de Fiori
Would anyone say if any of these areas are 'unsafe' or 'inconvenient' in terms of transport? For example lets say my wife and I come back from a tour in the day, and then at night we want to walk to dinner and explore the night life in the area, and come back late at night. Will transport be a problem, or will walking be unsafe (i.e. I assume lots of tourists will be around)?
My other concern is transport - if I will be able to easily use buses or taxis? For example in Campo de Fiori, will it be easy for me to get to and from my hotel if I stay in that area? (please let me know any areas you do/do not recommend if this is an issue).
Finally Are taxis quite expensive in Rome and do people usually take buses, or would you usually use taxis as a tourist? Say from the international airport to the hotel, and then the hotel to sites like Vatican City or the Termini station..(considering whichever area you are familiar with from the above list)
3 nights in Rome, 'best' (accessible & safe) areas to stay?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 2 Schengen Visa Rules
- 3 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 4 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 5 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 6 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 7 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 8 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 9 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 10 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 11 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 12 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 13 Is my plan ok
- 14 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 15 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 16 5 Observations About Paris
- 17 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 18 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 19 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 20 Southern Spain
- 21 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 22 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 23 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 24 Combinations euro rail and river cruise
- 25 Scotland November 2015