I've been doing some research on Rome (my wife to be and I are going for our honeymoon, starting in Rome for 3 nights this August) In regard to hotels:
I was considering the Quirinale area first, but after some feedback on how safe those areas are (near Termini, especially to walk around at night).. I want to consider these areas:
- Campo de Fiori
Would anyone say if any of these areas are 'unsafe' or 'inconvenient' in terms of transport? For example lets say my wife and I come back from a tour in the day, and then at night we want to walk to dinner and explore the night life in the area, and come back late at night. Will transport be a problem, or will walking be unsafe (i.e. I assume lots of tourists will be around)?
My other concern is transport - if I will be able to easily use buses or taxis? For example in Campo de Fiori, will it be easy for me to get to and from my hotel if I stay in that area? (please let me know any areas you do/do not recommend if this is an issue).
Finally Are taxis quite expensive in Rome and do people usually take buses, or would you usually use taxis as a tourist? Say from the international airport to the hotel, and then the hotel to sites like Vatican City or the Termini station..(considering whichever area you are familiar with from the above list)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 2 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 3 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 4 Italy - rental car damages query
- 5 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 6 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 7 Flights between Rome, Paris, London- I have questions!
- 8 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 9 Travel vs. Babies
- 10 20 Days in Europe
- 11 Another strong earthquake in central Italy
- 12 10 days in Ireland! Ready? Shoot.
- 13 Farmhouse stay in Ireland?
- 14 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 15 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 16 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 17 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 18 Early Spring Air Sales To Europe
- 19 Verona and Lake Garda
- 20 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 21 European Cooking Secrets
- 22 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 23 Luggage allowance internal connection to international
- 24 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 25 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
3 nights in Rome, 'best' (accessible & safe) areas to stay?