I've been doing some research on Rome (my wife to be and I are going for our honeymoon, starting in Rome for 3 nights this August) In regard to hotels:
I was considering the Quirinale area first, but after some feedback on how safe those areas are (near Termini, especially to walk around at night).. I want to consider these areas:
- Campo de Fiori
Would anyone say if any of these areas are 'unsafe' or 'inconvenient' in terms of transport? For example lets say my wife and I come back from a tour in the day, and then at night we want to walk to dinner and explore the night life in the area, and come back late at night. Will transport be a problem, or will walking be unsafe (i.e. I assume lots of tourists will be around)?
My other concern is transport - if I will be able to easily use buses or taxis? For example in Campo de Fiori, will it be easy for me to get to and from my hotel if I stay in that area? (please let me know any areas you do/do not recommend if this is an issue).
Finally Are taxis quite expensive in Rome and do people usually take buses, or would you usually use taxis as a tourist? Say from the international airport to the hotel, and then the hotel to sites like Vatican City or the Termini station..(considering whichever area you are familiar with from the above list)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany or Sweden
- 2 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 3 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 4 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 5 One free day in Barcelona
- 6 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 7 Greek Village
- 8 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 10 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 11 Sicily help
- 12 PARIS
- 13 Athens Help
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 "Too Much Cows"
- 16 Bordeaux to Nice
- 17 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 18 Thinking about the Fjords
- 19 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 20 Rome -- The next time around
- 21 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 22 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 23 Rome to Venice
- 24 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 25 Supplements in Carry on bag
3 nights in Rome, 'best' (accessible & safe) areas to stay?