I've been doing some research on Rome (my wife to be and I are going for our honeymoon, starting in Rome for 3 nights this August) In regard to hotels:
I was considering the Quirinale area first, but after some feedback on how safe those areas are (near Termini, especially to walk around at night).. I want to consider these areas:
- Campo de Fiori
Would anyone say if any of these areas are 'unsafe' or 'inconvenient' in terms of transport? For example lets say my wife and I come back from a tour in the day, and then at night we want to walk to dinner and explore the night life in the area, and come back late at night. Will transport be a problem, or will walking be unsafe (i.e. I assume lots of tourists will be around)?
My other concern is transport - if I will be able to easily use buses or taxis? For example in Campo de Fiori, will it be easy for me to get to and from my hotel if I stay in that area? (please let me know any areas you do/do not recommend if this is an issue).
Finally Are taxis quite expensive in Rome and do people usually take buses, or would you usually use taxis as a tourist? Say from the international airport to the hotel, and then the hotel to sites like Vatican City or the Termini station..(considering whichever area you are familiar with from the above list)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam Hotel
- 2 Paris gtg in October?
- 3 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 4 Capo d'Orlando
- 5 European Championship
- 6 Edinburgh airport taxi recos?
- 7 Where should I go in Spain for 2 weeks? Add Lisbon?
- 8 Asian food and shopping in Dublin ????
- 9 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 10 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 11 What about Basque Country?
- 12 Greece Itinerary
- 13 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 14 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 15 Amsterdam vs. France
- 16 Ireland ToDo
- 17 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 18 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 19 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 20 Proper attire for a 17 year old boy traveling to Europe
- 21 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 22 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 23 1 week in Malaga
- 24 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 25 Honeymoon hotel in Montreux/Vevey
3 nights in Rome, 'best' (accessible & safe) areas to stay?