I'm planning my first family (2 adults and a teenage daughter) trip to Europe. The plan is to fly into Gatwick, take the train to Gare du Nord (late arrival on 6/18, 7PM'ish), and checkout the morning of 6/21. After that, hop over to Rome for four nights, then jump on a week-long cruise out of Civitavecchia. I'm here to request suggestions for a Paris hotel.
Some amenities I would prefer but I expect to make sacrifices::
* non-smoking, clean rooms, staff speaks english
* near city center, or relatively quick access to the city center or suggested itinerary
* safe area
* not noisy
* air conditioning that works well
* 2-4 stars, inexpensive (I'd like to keep it under $150/135€ per night, including all taxes)
* 1 double+ bed and single/twin equivalent, or 3 single beds
* a decent breakfast is a plus, or near some place we can easily grab breakfast
* mattresses which are relatively softer
* free wifi is a plus
* scenic view is a plus
If you also have suggestions on how to make the most of our time over those two days (what's worthwhile and the best way to get around), I'm all eyes. Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 2 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 3 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 4 Norway in a Nutshell - Travel Report
- 5 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 6 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 7 Azores
- 8 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 9 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 10 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 11 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 12 Short Trip in July
- 13 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 14 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 15 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 16 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 17 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 18 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 19 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 20 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 21 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 22 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 23 Sim Card Options
- 24 Greek Islands (small)
- 25 38 Days in Paris