I'm planning my first family (2 adults and a teenage daughter) trip to Europe. The plan is to fly into Gatwick, take the train to Gare du Nord (late arrival on 6/18, 7PM'ish), and checkout the morning of 6/21. After that, hop over to Rome for four nights, then jump on a week-long cruise out of Civitavecchia. I'm here to request suggestions for a Paris hotel.
Some amenities I would prefer but I expect to make sacrifices::
* non-smoking, clean rooms, staff speaks english
* near city center, or relatively quick access to the city center or suggested itinerary
* safe area
* not noisy
* air conditioning that works well
* 2-4 stars, inexpensive (I'd like to keep it under $150/135€ per night, including all taxes)
* 1 double+ bed and single/twin equivalent, or 3 single beds
* a decent breakfast is a plus, or near some place we can easily grab breakfast
* mattresses which are relatively softer
* free wifi is a plus
* scenic view is a plus
If you also have suggestions on how to make the most of our time over those two days (what's worthwhile and the best way to get around), I'm all eyes. Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona alternative
- 2 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 3 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 4 God Save the Queen?
- 5 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 6 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 7 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 8 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 9 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 10 Paris to Italy
- 11 9 Days in Spain
- 12 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 13 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 14 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 15 Frankfurt to UK
- 16 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 17 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 18 Spanish Medical Providers
- 19 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 20 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 21 Iceland
- 22 Milan or Turin
- 23 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 24 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 25 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old