In the midst of planning a 3 month mini sabbatical this summer to primarily France and Italy. We are mostly doing weeklong gite or apartment rentals but I have scheduled 3 days in between Nice and St Remy ( where we are staying a week in each) and I am trying to decide where to spend those 3 days .
I am looking at 3 options either Marseille or Aix en Provence, or the Gordes Du Verdon area . I am interested in the geography of the GDV area but my husband has an artificial ankle and while he can travel easily and walk perfectly fine we cant really take " hikes' or do serious climbing. I am really intrigued by all three places and would love any feedback from Fodorites.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with hotel choice in BRUGES please!!
- 2 5 days in France or Italian Rivera
- 3 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 4 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 5 Europe Trip 22 year olds
- 6 York - Time for tea!
- 7 First Zermatt Ski Trip
- 8 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 9 Flying with Air France and Alitalia
- 10 16 days loop Venice to Venice
- 11 Touring Wales
- 12 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 13 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 14 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 15 Sicily in 4 days
- 16 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 17 Seville Hotels - September 2016
- 18 Cordoba or Granada?
- 19 Lake Maggiore, Italy
- 20 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 21 Cornwall to Edinburgh in 25 days ????
- 22 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 23 Planning roundtrip Greece
- 24 4 or 5 nights Berlin
- 25 Road Trip through Peloponnese