In the midst of planning a 3 month mini sabbatical this summer to primarily France and Italy. We are mostly doing weeklong gite or apartment rentals but I have scheduled 3 days in between Nice and St Remy ( where we are staying a week in each) and I am trying to decide where to spend those 3 days .
I am looking at 3 options either Marseille or Aix en Provence, or the Gordes Du Verdon area . I am interested in the geography of the GDV area but my husband has an artificial ankle and while he can travel easily and walk perfectly fine we cant really take " hikes' or do serious climbing. I am really intrigued by all three places and would love any feedback from Fodorites.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 2 Enjoying England for a year!
- 3 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 4 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 5 Timing when visiting the Dordogne Department
- 6 SIM card
- 7 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 8 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 9 All of Spain or something else..?
- 10 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 11 RENFE error message during payment
- 12 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 13 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 14 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 15 Shipping wine from Italy to Massachusetts
- 16 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 17 Greece Experts
- 18 Europe itinerary review
- 19 Food or Tapas tours in Madrid and/or Barcelona
- 20 Lunch near Sants station Barcelona
- 21 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 22 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 23 Gracia Neighborhood in Barcelona Spain
- 24 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 25 Avoid Viking River Cruises