In the midst of planning a 3 month mini sabbatical this summer to primarily France and Italy. We are mostly doing weeklong gite or apartment rentals but I have scheduled 3 days in between Nice and St Remy ( where we are staying a week in each) and I am trying to decide where to spend those 3 days .
I am looking at 3 options either Marseille or Aix en Provence, or the Gordes Du Verdon area . I am interested in the geography of the GDV area but my husband has an artificial ankle and while he can travel easily and walk perfectly fine we cant really take " hikes' or do serious climbing. I am really intrigued by all three places and would love any feedback from Fodorites.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 2 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 3 Which area to stay in London
- 4 4 days and 3 nights in Austria excluding Vienna
- 5 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 6 Itinery help Crete
- 7 Scotland - We're Here!
- 8 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 9 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 10 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 11 TIM in FCO - update
- 12 Train / Calabria
- 13 Game of Thrones Tour in N. Ireland
- 14 16 days in France and Italy
- 15 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 16 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 17 Short Trip to Usak, (Eastern Aegean Turkey)
- 18 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 19 Lisbon - a few tips
- 20 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 21 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 22 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 23 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 24 Avoid Europcar!
- 25 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May