In the midst of planning a 3 month mini sabbatical this summer to primarily France and Italy. We are mostly doing weeklong gite or apartment rentals but I have scheduled 3 days in between Nice and St Remy ( where we are staying a week in each) and I am trying to decide where to spend those 3 days .
I am looking at 3 options either Marseille or Aix en Provence, or the Gordes Du Verdon area . I am interested in the geography of the GDV area but my husband has an artificial ankle and while he can travel easily and walk perfectly fine we cant really take " hikes' or do serious climbing. I am really intrigued by all three places and would love any feedback from Fodorites.
Thanks so much.
3 nights between Nice and St Remy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1st time in Paris - apartment advice
- 2 Airport bus Bilbao to San Sebastian and back
- 3 Spain, Summer 2014 Itinerary Suggestions
- 4 Where to stay Venice, Cinque Terre, Florence, Siena, and Rome.
- 5 Italy trip questions
- 6 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 7 Suggestion for travel memories
- 8 Would you recommend Sicily only or Puglia also for a 14-day trip?
- 9 Italy/Austria/Germany/France
- 10 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 11 Two Weeks in Italy: Umbria, Tuscany, Piedmont Itinerary Help
- 12 Budget family trip to Europe
- 13 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 14 Pyrenees logistics
- 15 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 16 Italy
- 17 Azores
- 18 How highly would you prioritize Portugal?
- 19 Honeymoon in the Alps (with skiing)
- 20 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 21 Driving in Italy
- 22 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 23 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 24 Taormina to Palermo
- 25 Spain - car rental, bus or train?