In the midst of planning a 3 month mini sabbatical this summer to primarily France and Italy. We are mostly doing weeklong gite or apartment rentals but I have scheduled 3 days in between Nice and St Remy ( where we are staying a week in each) and I am trying to decide where to spend those 3 days .
I am looking at 3 options either Marseille or Aix en Provence, or the Gordes Du Verdon area . I am interested in the geography of the GDV area but my husband has an artificial ankle and while he can travel easily and walk perfectly fine we cant really take " hikes' or do serious climbing. I am really intrigued by all three places and would love any feedback from Fodorites.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tipping in different situations in Spain
- 2 Rhine River
- 3 Paris Side Trip: Mont St Michel & Cancale
- 4 Rome For 2 days
- 5 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 6 3 weeks in Norway and Sweden. Comments, advice please!
- 7 Venice at Christmas
- 8 Best way to see Croatia?
- 9 Norwway trip report
- 10 Immigration entering UK to visit BF! Need advice!
- 11 The highlands
- 12 Camino Redux
- 13 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 14 Berlin to Barcelona
- 15 Giverny, Rouen, Honfleur advice
- 16 DayTrip to Hallstatt from Cesky Krumlov?
- 17 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 18 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 19 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 20 Help with Colmar on Rhine cruise
- 21 Switzerland in April
- 22 Inexpensive Gifts to Bring Back
- 23 Hotel for stay in Montpellier
- 24 Montpellier to Arles
- 25 Italy: your favorite national park?