In the midst of planning a 3 month mini sabbatical this summer to primarily France and Italy. We are mostly doing weeklong gite or apartment rentals but I have scheduled 3 days in between Nice and St Remy ( where we are staying a week in each) and I am trying to decide where to spend those 3 days .
I am looking at 3 options either Marseille or Aix en Provence, or the Gordes Du Verdon area . I am interested in the geography of the GDV area but my husband has an artificial ankle and while he can travel easily and walk perfectly fine we cant really take " hikes' or do serious climbing. I am really intrigued by all three places and would love any feedback from Fodorites.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Global Travel Warning...
- 2 Belgian govt terror alert: Avoid malls, concerts & trains
- 3 Private transportation
- 4 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 5 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 6 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 7 A week in Burgundy
- 8 Paris Under Seige...
- 9 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 10 Advices about our itiniary
- 11 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 12 Dynamic Currency Conversion is Alive & Well in Paris
- 13 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 14 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 15 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 16 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 17 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 18 Safety concerns?
- 19 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 20 Sicily--Three Weeks in October--Winging It is Doable
- 21 St. Petersburg: Gosh, it's expensive
- 22 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 23 Do i need a Swiss Half-fare travelcard?
- 24 Morning in paris
- 25 Oct vs Nov for Greece