In the midst of planning a 3 month mini sabbatical this summer to primarily France and Italy. We are mostly doing weeklong gite or apartment rentals but I have scheduled 3 days in between Nice and St Remy ( where we are staying a week in each) and I am trying to decide where to spend those 3 days .
I am looking at 3 options either Marseille or Aix en Provence, or the Gordes Du Verdon area . I am interested in the geography of the GDV area but my husband has an artificial ankle and while he can travel easily and walk perfectly fine we cant really take " hikes' or do serious climbing. I am really intrigued by all three places and would love any feedback from Fodorites.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London, guided tours vs "do it oursleves"
- 2 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 3 Trains France/Switzerland
- 4 fear of driving in rome!
- 5 Italy trains question
- 6 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 7 Best/Most Scenic Route to Annecy, France from Amsterdam
- 8 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 9 Le Marche, Italy
- 10 Where to stay in Italy for a month in Oct/Nov
- 11 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 12 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 13 Need help identifying something in Barcelona
- 14 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 15 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 16 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 17 European Championship
- 18 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 19 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 20 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 21 Our Amalfi Coast Adventure—Orlando to Dublin to Naples to Praiano
- 22 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 23 Two nights with kids in Normandy/Brittany
- 24 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 25 Bellissimo Rome, Amalfi Coast, Florence and Caserta: Our wonderful trip