In the midst of planning a 3 month mini sabbatical this summer to primarily France and Italy. We are mostly doing weeklong gite or apartment rentals but I have scheduled 3 days in between Nice and St Remy ( where we are staying a week in each) and I am trying to decide where to spend those 3 days .
I am looking at 3 options either Marseille or Aix en Provence, or the Gordes Du Verdon area . I am interested in the geography of the GDV area but my husband has an artificial ankle and while he can travel easily and walk perfectly fine we cant really take " hikes' or do serious climbing. I am really intrigued by all three places and would love any feedback from Fodorites.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 2 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 3 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 4 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 5 Font de Gaume-- what are our chances?
- 6 Where to stop along the way
- 7 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 8 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 9 Scotland highland/islands agenda-please help, last minute dream trip
- 10 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?
- 11 Amsterdam, Brussels, Where Else?
- 12 Springtime in Luzern (& Rigi, Basel, Zofingen, Rapperswil...)
- 13 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 14 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 15 Suggestions for our Itinerary for June in Italy
- 16 Puglia Experiences
- 17 Choosing cruise excursion activities on Italy stops with kids
- 18 2 nights in Dublin - B&B ideas
- 19 Short (a couple of hours) scenic walks in the north of Wales?
- 20 Fontainebleau - train schedules on a Sunday
- 21 car rent in Italy - cost, excess, deposit
- 22 Top Chef Abruzzo! - A Week in an Italian Cooking School (+ Rome)
- 23 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 24 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 25 Relaxing destinations?