In the midst of planning a 3 month mini sabbatical this summer to primarily France and Italy. We are mostly doing weeklong gite or apartment rentals but I have scheduled 3 days in between Nice and St Remy ( where we are staying a week in each) and I am trying to decide where to spend those 3 days .
I am looking at 3 options either Marseille or Aix en Provence, or the Gordes Du Verdon area . I am interested in the geography of the GDV area but my husband has an artificial ankle and while he can travel easily and walk perfectly fine we cant really take " hikes' or do serious climbing. I am really intrigued by all three places and would love any feedback from Fodorites.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edinburgh Questions...
- 2 Bulle/Charmey (Gruyere region)
- 3 Most time saving way of travelling
- 4 Do French people dislike Americans?
- 5 Where to visit around Toulouse
- 6 SIXT car rental uk
- 7 Your favorite Paris shopping street.
- 8 Norwegian Air to offer $69 flights US to Europe
- 9 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 10 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 11 Trip Help: 3-4 weeks in July
- 12 Holding bags in Paris
- 13 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 14 Need Help Planning a 19 day visit to Ireland
- 15 Breakfast by Roman Colosseum Suggestions?
- 16 England/Scotland In January questions
- 17 Cost comparison b/w Paris and Switzerland(wengen)
- 18 Paris GTG - October 21
- 19 Rugby World Cup - is your team playing?
- 20 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 21 Skiing Zermatt
- 22 Visiting Rungis on October 9, 2015
- 23 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 24 Around Geneva?
- 25 15 Days in Italy - Cost breakdown & notes