My partner and I are travelling Europe in May 2016. We have roughly three months (or more depending on how long the money lasts). We are in the middle of planning our route but need some advice on best places to visit etc.
We will be arriving by ferry into Calais so that will be our starting point. I should add that we will be travelling in our camper van so no need for trains or planes. Our route so far roughly looks like this:
France (northern) > Belgium > Netherlands > Germany > Switzerland > Austria > Hungary (maybe) > Czech Republic > Poland > Denmark > Norway.
This is just a rough guide we don't really have any destinations planned for when we're in these countries so any advice is very very welcome! Does anybody have any recommendations for places to visit? We won't be going as south as Italy so it will mainly be northern Europe that we're focusing on. We will be doing a lot of walking, mountain biking etc so we would love to visit some national parks but we also want to see some nice cities, especially historic ones! So we are open to anything really!
We will be mainly staying in campsites so if anyone knows of any good sites then that would be great too! Oh and we live in the UK so no need to visit any where there.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Electrical Power Conversion
- 2 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 3 Douro Valley in January?
- 4 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 5 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 6 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 7 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 8 Switzerland Trip Report 7 Days September End
- 9 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 13 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 14 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 15 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 16 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 17 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 18 Paris to Italy
- 19 Travel from Lisbon to Amsterdam to Boston
- 20 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 21 Spanish Medical Providers
- 22 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 23 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 24 Barcelona alternative
- 25 wondering if this trip too ambitious