My partner and I are travelling Europe in May 2016. We have roughly three months (or more depending on how long the money lasts). We are in the middle of planning our route but need some advice on best places to visit etc.
We will be arriving by ferry into Calais so that will be our starting point. I should add that we will be travelling in our camper van so no need for trains or planes. Our route so far roughly looks like this:
France (northern) > Belgium > Netherlands > Germany > Switzerland > Austria > Hungary (maybe) > Czech Republic > Poland > Denmark > Norway.
This is just a rough guide we don't really have any destinations planned for when we're in these countries so any advice is very very welcome! Does anybody have any recommendations for places to visit? We won't be going as south as Italy so it will mainly be northern Europe that we're focusing on. We will be doing a lot of walking, mountain biking etc so we would love to visit some national parks but we also want to see some nice cities, especially historic ones! So we are open to anything really!
We will be mainly staying in campsites so if anyone knows of any good sites then that would be great too! Oh and we live in the UK so no need to visit any where there.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help
- 2 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 3 House Hunting in France
- 4 http://yoursbetterhealthsolutions.com/tengenix-reviews/
- 5 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 6 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 7 Safe to use hotel room safe?
- 8 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 9 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 10 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 11 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 12 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 13 If you had to choose one......
- 14 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 15 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 16 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 17 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 18 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 19 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 20 Portugal with large family
- 21 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 22 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 23 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 24 Croatia
- 25 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May