My husband and I are wanting to travel for 12-14 weeks in Europe, July - Oct 2016. We are both going to be 36 then, and are not sure whether we are best to book our flights/trains, and accommodation, in advance, or wing it while we're there. We're locked into La Tomatina in Valencia in August, and Oktoberfest (will always have a little party-animal in our souls!) in Munich in September, and are wanting to visit: Paris, Prague, Dublin, London, Split or Athens, Budapest, Rome, Amsterdam, Monaco. Everything else in between is a nice-to-have, not a must-see. Would you recommend planning and pre-booking, or just landing in Dublin, and winging our way around?
3 months - to plan or not to plan?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 2 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 3 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 4 Best hostels from experience
- 5 Istanbul Itinerary
- 6 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets
- 7 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 8 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 9 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 10 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?
- 11 What London location & hotels are the best for ??
- 12 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 13 London, Liverpool, Scotland Itinerary
- 14 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 15 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 16 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 17 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 18 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 19 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 20 7 Nights in Paris
- 21 London neighborhood suggestions
- 22 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 23 Ferry or Catamaran from Split-Hvar
- 24 Why don't the French want to work?
- 25 Driving from Italy to France