Next year I will be going on a long haul type trip to South America (47 days on tour), the USA for about a month (http://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/a-month-in-the-usa-suggestions.cfm) and about 90 solo days in the UK & Europe before an 11 day tour of Turkey and 20 days touring Egypt, Jordan & Israel. My ultra basic Itinerary is this at the moment:
UK – 14 days (staying with friend in UK who till take me around as they see fit)
Belgium – 2 days
1 Day in Brussels
1 Day in Bruges
The Netherlands – 3 days
3 Days in Amsterdam
Germany – 14 days
3 Days in Cologne
3 Days in Frankfurt
3 Days in Munich
2 Days in Dresden
3 Days in Berlin
Poland – 7 days
3 Days in Warsaw
4 Days in Krakow
Czech Republic – 4 days
1 Day in Kutna Hora (day trip)
1 Day in Cesky Krumlov (day trip)
2 Days in Prague
Hungary – 3 days
3 Days in Budapest
Austria – 5 days
3 Days in Vienna
2 Days in Salzburg
Switzerland – 10 Days (Really like to stay in the Alps and interested in Montreux)
2 Days in Zurich
2 Days in Lucerne
2 Days in Wengen
1 Day in Montreux
1 Days in Berne
2 Days in Basel
France – 14 days
4 Days in Paris (Day trip to Versaille?)
3 Days in Nantes
3 Days in Bordeaux
2 Days in Marseille
2 Days in Nice
Italy – 14 days
2 Days in Milan
2 Days in Verona
3 Days in Venice
3 Days in Florence
4 Days in Rome
I have a friend wishing to travel with me through Switzerland, France and Italy and the locations are a mix of where we'd both like to go. Any suggestions of overall of day Trips, simplifying bases without missing things changes to time spent (reducing it a little if possible) and locations that can be done as day trips would be much appreciated. Ill only be 21 so countries with only a 3-5 allowance I'd like to experience enough to have good memories and to gauge whether I'd like to return eventually to see more thoroughly.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Salzburg itinerary review
- 2 Paris in November
- 3 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 4 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 5 Best coffeeshop in Amsterdam for a noob?
- 6 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 7 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 8 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 9 What's a must to buy in Paris?
- 10 Shorts in South of France?
- 11 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 12 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 13 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 16 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 17 Bath/Cotswolds
- 18 Reports on trekking in Iceland
- 19 Thinking about the Fjords
- 20 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 21 Globus Iberian Tour
- 22 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 23 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 24 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 25 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch