Next year I will be going on a long haul type trip to South America (47 days on tour), the USA for about a month (http://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/a-month-in-the-usa-suggestions.cfm) and about 90 solo days in the UK & Europe before an 11 day tour of Turkey and 20 days touring Egypt, Jordan & Israel. My ultra basic Itinerary is this at the moment:
UK – 14 days (staying with friend in UK who till take me around as they see fit)
Belgium – 2 days
1 Day in Brussels
1 Day in Bruges
The Netherlands – 3 days
3 Days in Amsterdam
Germany – 14 days
3 Days in Cologne
3 Days in Frankfurt
3 Days in Munich
2 Days in Dresden
3 Days in Berlin
Poland – 7 days
3 Days in Warsaw
4 Days in Krakow
Czech Republic – 4 days
1 Day in Kutna Hora (day trip)
1 Day in Cesky Krumlov (day trip)
2 Days in Prague
Hungary – 3 days
3 Days in Budapest
Austria – 5 days
3 Days in Vienna
2 Days in Salzburg
Switzerland – 10 Days (Really like to stay in the Alps and interested in Montreux)
2 Days in Zurich
2 Days in Lucerne
2 Days in Wengen
1 Day in Montreux
1 Days in Berne
2 Days in Basel
France – 14 days
4 Days in Paris (Day trip to Versaille?)
3 Days in Nantes
3 Days in Bordeaux
2 Days in Marseille
2 Days in Nice
Italy – 14 days
2 Days in Milan
2 Days in Verona
3 Days in Venice
3 Days in Florence
4 Days in Rome
I have a friend wishing to travel with me through Switzerland, France and Italy and the locations are a mix of where we'd both like to go. Any suggestions of overall of day Trips, simplifying bases without missing things changes to time spent (reducing it a little if possible) and locations that can be done as day trips would be much appreciated. Ill only be 21 so countries with only a 3-5 allowance I'd like to experience enough to have good memories and to gauge whether I'd like to return eventually to see more thoroughly.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
3 Months in Europe Basic Itinerary - Suggestions? Help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Monte Faito cable car (near Sorrento)
- 2 Paris and Rouen 2015
- 3 Greek Island honeymoon
- 4 French Etiquette! "Bonjour Madame or Bonjour Monsieur!
- 5 Just a wedding in Sofia, Bulgary
- 6 Help on Norway please - too much to cover too little time.
- 7 NT in devon and cornwall
- 8 Need help with Normandy & Loire Valley itinerary + extra days
- 9 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 10 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 11 DCC on the increase?
- 12 Paris info required
- 13 Any French Riviera Beach Reccs?
- 14 King's Day Amsterdam - 2015!
- 15 Venice - things to do?
- 16 Chamonix to Lyon by train or bus
- 17 Italy, June, 11 nights, Flights arrice and depart from Rome (Ciampino)
- 18 Need suggestions for day trips in Provence
- 19 Scenic Beauty in Greek Island ? Crete or other island ?
- 20 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 21 Keeping in touch with young children while in Europe
- 22 Lyon Arrondissements
- 23 Euro quiz # 89 - Potpourri
- 24 Lake Como -> Milan -> Last Supper; ferry,train,bus?? Help needed
- 25 Where to stay in Paris - first time young, solo female