Next year I will be going on a long haul type trip to South America (47 days on tour), the USA for about a month (http://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/a-month-in-the-usa-suggestions.cfm) and about 90 solo days in the UK & Europe before an 11 day tour of Turkey and 20 days touring Egypt, Jordan & Israel. My ultra basic Itinerary is this at the moment:
UK – 14 days (staying with friend in UK who till take me around as they see fit)
Belgium – 2 days
1 Day in Brussels
1 Day in Bruges
The Netherlands – 3 days
3 Days in Amsterdam
Germany – 14 days
3 Days in Cologne
3 Days in Frankfurt
3 Days in Munich
2 Days in Dresden
3 Days in Berlin
Poland – 7 days
3 Days in Warsaw
4 Days in Krakow
Czech Republic – 4 days
1 Day in Kutna Hora (day trip)
1 Day in Cesky Krumlov (day trip)
2 Days in Prague
Hungary – 3 days
3 Days in Budapest
Austria – 5 days
3 Days in Vienna
2 Days in Salzburg
Switzerland – 10 Days (Really like to stay in the Alps and interested in Montreux)
2 Days in Zurich
2 Days in Lucerne
2 Days in Wengen
1 Day in Montreux
1 Days in Berne
2 Days in Basel
France – 14 days
4 Days in Paris (Day trip to Versaille?)
3 Days in Nantes
3 Days in Bordeaux
2 Days in Marseille
2 Days in Nice
Italy – 14 days
2 Days in Milan
2 Days in Verona
3 Days in Venice
3 Days in Florence
4 Days in Rome
I have a friend wishing to travel with me through Switzerland, France and Italy and the locations are a mix of where we'd both like to go. Any suggestions of overall of day Trips, simplifying bases without missing things changes to time spent (reducing it a little if possible) and locations that can be done as day trips would be much appreciated. Ill only be 21 so countries with only a 3-5 allowance I'd like to experience enough to have good memories and to gauge whether I'd like to return eventually to see more thoroughly.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
3 Months in Europe Basic Itinerary - Suggestions? Help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to change college, after obtaining French visa?
- 2 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 3 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 4 Swiss rail passes
- 5 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 6 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 7 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 8 Discover Greece On Line (Video + Stills)
- 9 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 10 Augsburg with kids
- 11 train to Vernon France
- 12 Car service w/ baby car seat: London & Paris
- 13 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 14 Hotel in Venice
- 15 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 16 Getting married planning 6-8 week honeymoon in Europe & need YOUR advice!
- 17 A drive in Europe
- 18 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 19 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 20 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 21 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 22 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 23 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 24 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 25 Germany driving itinerary starting questions