Next year I will be going on a long haul type trip to South America (47 days on tour), the USA for about a month (http://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/a-month-in-the-usa-suggestions.cfm) and about 90 solo days in the UK & Europe before an 11 day tour of Turkey and 20 days touring Egypt, Jordan & Israel. My ultra basic Itinerary is this at the moment:
UK – 14 days (staying with friend in UK who till take me around as they see fit)
Belgium – 2 days
1 Day in Brussels
1 Day in Bruges
The Netherlands – 3 days
3 Days in Amsterdam
Germany – 14 days
3 Days in Cologne
3 Days in Frankfurt
3 Days in Munich
2 Days in Dresden
3 Days in Berlin
Poland – 7 days
3 Days in Warsaw
4 Days in Krakow
Czech Republic – 4 days
1 Day in Kutna Hora (day trip)
1 Day in Cesky Krumlov (day trip)
2 Days in Prague
Hungary – 3 days
3 Days in Budapest
Austria – 5 days
3 Days in Vienna
2 Days in Salzburg
Switzerland – 10 Days (Really like to stay in the Alps and interested in Montreux)
2 Days in Zurich
2 Days in Lucerne
2 Days in Wengen
1 Day in Montreux
1 Days in Berne
2 Days in Basel
France – 14 days
4 Days in Paris (Day trip to Versaille?)
3 Days in Nantes
3 Days in Bordeaux
2 Days in Marseille
2 Days in Nice
Italy – 14 days
2 Days in Milan
2 Days in Verona
3 Days in Venice
3 Days in Florence
4 Days in Rome
I have a friend wishing to travel with me through Switzerland, France and Italy and the locations are a mix of where we'd both like to go. Any suggestions of overall of day Trips, simplifying bases without missing things changes to time spent (reducing it a little if possible) and locations that can be done as day trips would be much appreciated. Ill only be 21 so countries with only a 3-5 allowance I'd like to experience enough to have good memories and to gauge whether I'd like to return eventually to see more thoroughly.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How hard (for an American) to drive in Yorkshire?
- 2 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 3 is black forest worth itself in october?
- 4 GPS vs Google Maps
- 5 Luggage on trains/security?
- 6 The Rain in Spain and more
- 7 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 8 powerfully robust for serving to to detoxify
- 9 London Paris
- 10 Inherent Beauty Serum: Prefect Anti-aging Formula
- 11 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 12 Cheap SIM cards for iPhones in Paris
- 13 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 14 Germany with my Girlfriend
- 15 Where to stay and eat in Brussels?
- 16 Family Trip to Copenhagen, Norwegian Fjords, Sweden Schedule?
- 17 Vienna - Site seeing help
- 18 Regensburg then the mountains - Garmish-Partenkirchen this time?
- 19 %$ @(1800.841.6436 )$#
- 20 Family vacation near Amsterdam
- 21 Guarda ->Zurich, Luzern->Ascona
- 22 Spain.. suggestions please
- 23 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 24 London dining service charge
- 25 Scotland Question