Next year I will be going on a long haul type trip to South America (47 days on tour), the USA for about a month (http://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/a-month-in-the-usa-suggestions.cfm) and about 90 solo days in the UK & Europe before an 11 day tour of Turkey and 20 days touring Egypt, Jordan & Israel. My ultra basic Itinerary is this at the moment:
UK – 14 days (staying with friend in UK who till take me around as they see fit)
Belgium – 2 days
1 Day in Brussels
1 Day in Bruges
The Netherlands – 3 days
3 Days in Amsterdam
Germany – 14 days
3 Days in Cologne
3 Days in Frankfurt
3 Days in Munich
2 Days in Dresden
3 Days in Berlin
Poland – 7 days
3 Days in Warsaw
4 Days in Krakow
Czech Republic – 4 days
1 Day in Kutna Hora (day trip)
1 Day in Cesky Krumlov (day trip)
2 Days in Prague
Hungary – 3 days
3 Days in Budapest
Austria – 5 days
3 Days in Vienna
2 Days in Salzburg
Switzerland – 10 Days (Really like to stay in the Alps and interested in Montreux)
2 Days in Zurich
2 Days in Lucerne
2 Days in Wengen
1 Day in Montreux
1 Days in Berne
2 Days in Basel
France – 14 days
4 Days in Paris (Day trip to Versaille?)
3 Days in Nantes
3 Days in Bordeaux
2 Days in Marseille
2 Days in Nice
Italy – 14 days
2 Days in Milan
2 Days in Verona
3 Days in Venice
3 Days in Florence
4 Days in Rome
I have a friend wishing to travel with me through Switzerland, France and Italy and the locations are a mix of where we'd both like to go. Any suggestions of overall of day Trips, simplifying bases without missing things changes to time spent (reducing it a little if possible) and locations that can be done as day trips would be much appreciated. Ill only be 21 so countries with only a 3-5 allowance I'd like to experience enough to have good memories and to gauge whether I'd like to return eventually to see more thoroughly.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid Airport
- 2 My summer in Paris
- 3 9 Days Family Trip to London-Paris- Switzerland
- 4 HELP!!` I'm being held prisoner.
- 5 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 6 Italy in November
- 7 Trip to Paris and Switzerland.
- 8 Puglia and Matera
- 9 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 10 Late October Trip in France
- 11 Art History lover - itinerary help
- 12 A nice, quiet and affordable place to stay?
- 13 experiences in Paris and Amalfi Coast
- 14 Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau
- 15 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 16 6 nights in Dublin
- 17 la spezia vs. levanto
- 18 Renfe Schedule Release Policy?
- 19 Scottish pounds - coins too?
- 20 Lufthansa's New Europe Fares
- 21 €2500 for full day boating outing on Amalfi coast?
- 22 Amsterdam and beyond
- 23 Best home base for a week in the Italian Lakes?
- 24 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 25 La Colombe d'Or in St. Paul de Vence