Next year I will be going on a long haul type trip to South America (47 days on tour), the USA for about a month (http://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/a-month-in-the-usa-suggestions.cfm) and about 90 solo days in the UK & Europe before an 11 day tour of Turkey and 20 days touring Egypt, Jordan & Israel. My ultra basic Itinerary is this at the moment:
UK – 14 days (staying with friend in UK who till take me around as they see fit)
Belgium – 2 days
1 Day in Brussels
1 Day in Bruges
The Netherlands – 3 days
3 Days in Amsterdam
Germany – 14 days
3 Days in Cologne
3 Days in Frankfurt
3 Days in Munich
2 Days in Dresden
3 Days in Berlin
Poland – 7 days
3 Days in Warsaw
4 Days in Krakow
Czech Republic – 4 days
1 Day in Kutna Hora (day trip)
1 Day in Cesky Krumlov (day trip)
2 Days in Prague
Hungary – 3 days
3 Days in Budapest
Austria – 5 days
3 Days in Vienna
2 Days in Salzburg
Switzerland – 10 Days (Really like to stay in the Alps and interested in Montreux)
2 Days in Zurich
2 Days in Lucerne
2 Days in Wengen
1 Day in Montreux
1 Days in Berne
2 Days in Basel
France – 14 days
4 Days in Paris (Day trip to Versaille?)
3 Days in Nantes
3 Days in Bordeaux
2 Days in Marseille
2 Days in Nice
Italy – 14 days
2 Days in Milan
2 Days in Verona
3 Days in Venice
3 Days in Florence
4 Days in Rome
I have a friend wishing to travel with me through Switzerland, France and Italy and the locations are a mix of where we'd both like to go. Any suggestions of overall of day Trips, simplifying bases without missing things changes to time spent (reducing it a little if possible) and locations that can be done as day trips would be much appreciated. Ill only be 21 so countries with only a 3-5 allowance I'd like to experience enough to have good memories and to gauge whether I'd like to return eventually to see more thoroughly.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tipping culture in Croatia and the Balkans
- 2 Tipping culture in Croatia and the Balkans
- 3 Do I need a debit/PiIN card in England?
- 4 Southern France suggestions
- 5 Yay or Nay to these "front of the line" Vatican tours?
- 6 Itinerary help for Bavaria
- 7 Amsterdam and beyond
- 8 Train from Alsace to Cochem
- 9 Montpellier - A few questions
- 10 Late October Trip in France
- 11 Gatwick to Paddington via Victoria/London Bridge
- 12 3 weeks northern Italy advice
- 13 Bus to/from CDG to Paris only 2 euros!!
- 14 Valencia Oct 6-8 Swim in Sea?
- 15 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 16 Art History lover - itinerary help
- 17 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 18 Paris-Best to visit end of October.. or during Christmas time?
- 19 ALGARVE- MALAGA Spain road trip...help needed
- 20 This is Why I Will Always Travel Solo From Now: Trip Report -Rome and Sorrento
- 21 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 22 Ring of Kerry: South Loop only? Gap of Dunloe?
- 23 Turkey Quick Trip
- 24 I have 10 days to spend in Italy! Advice needed!
- 25 How has Rome changed in last 30 years?