Next year I will be going on a long haul type trip to South America (47 days on tour), the USA for about a month (http://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/a-month-in-the-usa-suggestions.cfm) and about 90 solo days in the UK & Europe before an 11 day tour of Turkey and 20 days touring Egypt, Jordan & Israel. My ultra basic Itinerary is this at the moment:
UK – 14 days (staying with friend in UK who till take me around as they see fit)
Belgium – 2 days
1 Day in Brussels
1 Day in Bruges
The Netherlands – 3 days
3 Days in Amsterdam
Germany – 14 days
3 Days in Cologne
3 Days in Frankfurt
3 Days in Munich
2 Days in Dresden
3 Days in Berlin
Poland – 7 days
3 Days in Warsaw
4 Days in Krakow
Czech Republic – 4 days
1 Day in Kutna Hora (day trip)
1 Day in Cesky Krumlov (day trip)
2 Days in Prague
Hungary – 3 days
3 Days in Budapest
Austria – 5 days
3 Days in Vienna
2 Days in Salzburg
Switzerland – 10 Days (Really like to stay in the Alps and interested in Montreux)
2 Days in Zurich
2 Days in Lucerne
2 Days in Wengen
1 Day in Montreux
1 Days in Berne
2 Days in Basel
France – 14 days
4 Days in Paris (Day trip to Versaille?)
3 Days in Nantes
3 Days in Bordeaux
2 Days in Marseille
2 Days in Nice
Italy – 14 days
2 Days in Milan
2 Days in Verona
3 Days in Venice
3 Days in Florence
4 Days in Rome
I have a friend wishing to travel with me through Switzerland, France and Italy and the locations are a mix of where we'd both like to go. Any suggestions of overall of day Trips, simplifying bases without missing things changes to time spent (reducing it a little if possible) and locations that can be done as day trips would be much appreciated. Ill only be 21 so countries with only a 3-5 allowance I'd like to experience enough to have good memories and to gauge whether I'd like to return eventually to see more thoroughly.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
3 Months in Europe Basic Itinerary - Suggestions? Help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 wineries near Ronda
- 2 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 3 Mid 20's first time in Paris - where to stay?!
- 4 travel to western Europe from India
- 5 Fun, free language website
- 6 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 7 Thello Train Ticket - Oct 11 - Paris to Venice - "temporarily closed"
- 8 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 9 I give up!!! Need some itinerary help please!!
- 10 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 11 Stay away from EF Tours
- 12 I'm in a funk
- 13 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 14 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 15 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!
- 16 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 17 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 18 Bike touring in France
- 19 Does this sound feasible?
- 20 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?
- 21 Tour Group Operators
- 22 Where to stay in Naples, Italy
- 23 One week in Ireland itinerary
- 24 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 25 Hotel Millesime or Hotel des Marronniers or Hotel du Danube