Next year I will be going on a long haul type trip to South America (47 days on tour), the USA for about a month (http://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/a-month-in-the-usa-suggestions.cfm) and about 90 solo days in the UK & Europe before an 11 day tour of Turkey and 20 days touring Egypt, Jordan & Israel. My ultra basic Itinerary is this at the moment:
UK – 14 days (staying with friend in UK who till take me around as they see fit)
Belgium – 2 days
1 Day in Brussels
1 Day in Bruges
The Netherlands – 3 days
3 Days in Amsterdam
Germany – 14 days
3 Days in Cologne
3 Days in Frankfurt
3 Days in Munich
2 Days in Dresden
3 Days in Berlin
Poland – 7 days
3 Days in Warsaw
4 Days in Krakow
Czech Republic – 4 days
1 Day in Kutna Hora (day trip)
1 Day in Cesky Krumlov (day trip)
2 Days in Prague
Hungary – 3 days
3 Days in Budapest
Austria – 5 days
3 Days in Vienna
2 Days in Salzburg
Switzerland – 10 Days (Really like to stay in the Alps and interested in Montreux)
2 Days in Zurich
2 Days in Lucerne
2 Days in Wengen
1 Day in Montreux
1 Days in Berne
2 Days in Basel
France – 14 days
4 Days in Paris (Day trip to Versaille?)
3 Days in Nantes
3 Days in Bordeaux
2 Days in Marseille
2 Days in Nice
Italy – 14 days
2 Days in Milan
2 Days in Verona
3 Days in Venice
3 Days in Florence
4 Days in Rome
I have a friend wishing to travel with me through Switzerland, France and Italy and the locations are a mix of where we'd both like to go. Any suggestions of overall of day Trips, simplifying bases without missing things changes to time spent (reducing it a little if possible) and locations that can be done as day trips would be much appreciated. Ill only be 21 so countries with only a 3-5 allowance I'd like to experience enough to have good memories and to gauge whether I'd like to return eventually to see more thoroughly.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
3 Months in Europe Basic Itinerary - Suggestions? Help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Sebastian or Pamploma?
- 2 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 3 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 4 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 5 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 6 Prague to Dubrovnik Itinerary Suggestions wanted
- 7 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 8 Athens and which islands?
- 9 Please, please help us plan our trip to Europe!
- 10 Neuschwanstein to Linderhof by car
- 11 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 12 Input wanted on Budapest to Prague July trip
- 13 Arrive in Paris early am, no check-in/luggage drop until pm. Options?
- 14 driving country-to-country: so many questions
- 15 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 16 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 17 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 18 Help with 3 week Itenarary... Ireland (dublin) & Paris.. possibly London.
- 19 Which Car to book at CDG in May 2015? Do you get Complimentary Upgrade?
- 20 8 day May Road Trip - Best of France
- 21 5 days in France-What do we do!?
- 22 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 23 Cell phone use in Europe for dummies
- 24 Bologna: Walk via Arcades to San Luca
- 25 Trans-Siberian Railway