Next year I will be going on a long haul type trip to South America (47 days on tour), the USA for about a month (http://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/a-month-in-the-usa-suggestions.cfm) and about 90 solo days in the UK & Europe before an 11 day tour of Turkey and 20 days touring Egypt, Jordan & Israel. My ultra basic Itinerary is this at the moment:
UK – 14 days (staying with friend in UK who till take me around as they see fit)
Belgium – 2 days
1 Day in Brussels
1 Day in Bruges
The Netherlands – 3 days
3 Days in Amsterdam
Germany – 14 days
3 Days in Cologne
3 Days in Frankfurt
3 Days in Munich
2 Days in Dresden
3 Days in Berlin
Poland – 7 days
3 Days in Warsaw
4 Days in Krakow
Czech Republic – 4 days
1 Day in Kutna Hora (day trip)
1 Day in Cesky Krumlov (day trip)
2 Days in Prague
Hungary – 3 days
3 Days in Budapest
Austria – 5 days
3 Days in Vienna
2 Days in Salzburg
Switzerland – 10 Days (Really like to stay in the Alps and interested in Montreux)
2 Days in Zurich
2 Days in Lucerne
2 Days in Wengen
1 Day in Montreux
1 Days in Berne
2 Days in Basel
France – 14 days
4 Days in Paris (Day trip to Versaille?)
3 Days in Nantes
3 Days in Bordeaux
2 Days in Marseille
2 Days in Nice
Italy – 14 days
2 Days in Milan
2 Days in Verona
3 Days in Venice
3 Days in Florence
4 Days in Rome
I have a friend wishing to travel with me through Switzerland, France and Italy and the locations are a mix of where we'd both like to go. Any suggestions of overall of day Trips, simplifying bases without missing things changes to time spent (reducing it a little if possible) and locations that can be done as day trips would be much appreciated. Ill only be 21 so countries with only a 3-5 allowance I'd like to experience enough to have good memories and to gauge whether I'd like to return eventually to see more thoroughly.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
3 Months in Europe Basic Itinerary - Suggestions? Help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 2 Trying to get a handle on our 19 days in Tuscany and Umbria
- 3 Scandinavia and RCL 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2015
- 4 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 5 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 6 London for Free
- 7 Add a day to Madrid or Barcelona??
- 8 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 9 Cornwall or Paris?
- 10 Madrid: City Views
- 11 RENFE- AVE link stopped
- 12 Amalfi Coast in October
- 13 Does this make sense re tour downloads?
- 14 Terrorism in Europe
- 15 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 16 ITALO trains need help
- 17 Northern Lights in Scotland??
- 18 Italy and Switzerland--September/October 2013
- 19 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 20 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 21 Itinerary Suggestions for South of Spain and Portugal
- 22 biking in France
- 23 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 24 RENFE train drivers strike: 12 and 15 September 2014
- 25 The elusive `Northern Lights` Where I go , they don`t!