Next year I will be going on a long haul type trip to South America (47 days on tour), the USA for about a month (http://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/a-month-in-the-usa-suggestions.cfm) and about 90 solo days in the UK & Europe before an 11 day tour of Turkey and 20 days touring Egypt, Jordan & Israel. My ultra basic Itinerary is this at the moment:
UK – 14 days (staying with friend in UK who till take me around as they see fit)
Belgium – 2 days
1 Day in Brussels
1 Day in Bruges
The Netherlands – 3 days
3 Days in Amsterdam
Germany – 14 days
3 Days in Cologne
3 Days in Frankfurt
3 Days in Munich
2 Days in Dresden
3 Days in Berlin
Poland – 7 days
3 Days in Warsaw
4 Days in Krakow
Czech Republic – 4 days
1 Day in Kutna Hora (day trip)
1 Day in Cesky Krumlov (day trip)
2 Days in Prague
Hungary – 3 days
3 Days in Budapest
Austria – 5 days
3 Days in Vienna
2 Days in Salzburg
Switzerland – 10 Days (Really like to stay in the Alps and interested in Montreux)
2 Days in Zurich
2 Days in Lucerne
2 Days in Wengen
1 Day in Montreux
1 Days in Berne
2 Days in Basel
France – 14 days
4 Days in Paris (Day trip to Versaille?)
3 Days in Nantes
3 Days in Bordeaux
2 Days in Marseille
2 Days in Nice
Italy – 14 days
2 Days in Milan
2 Days in Verona
3 Days in Venice
3 Days in Florence
4 Days in Rome
I have a friend wishing to travel with me through Switzerland, France and Italy and the locations are a mix of where we'd both like to go. Any suggestions of overall of day Trips, simplifying bases without missing things changes to time spent (reducing it a little if possible) and locations that can be done as day trips would be much appreciated. Ill only be 21 so countries with only a 3-5 allowance I'd like to experience enough to have good memories and to gauge whether I'd like to return eventually to see more thoroughly.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
3 Months in Europe Basic Itinerary - Suggestions? Help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 2 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 3 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 4 Arles as a base?
- 5 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 6 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 7 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 8 Rome: Vatican to Tiburtina Station by bus?
- 9 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 10 A Week in Spain
- 11 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 12 Biarritz and San Sebastian in 1 Day?
- 13 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 14 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 15 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 16 I Got Tear Gassed In Pristina
- 17 Rocamaxour
- 18 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 19 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 20 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 21 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 22 Travel from Budapest to Rovinj, Croatia
- 23 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 24 France in 2003
- 25 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested