My husband and I will be retiring in 2010 and are planning to go to Italy for a 3 month stay to become immersed in the culture. Presently we are thinking of renting an apartment in Florence - thinking that the location is central - won't need to rent a car except on occasion and it is close to the train station. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for us. Also, which 3 months of the year would be the best.
3 month stay in Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 2 Christmas trip to Germany, what city?
- 3 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 4 Driving from Rome Airport to Montepulciano -- Toll Question
- 5 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 6 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 7 Which apartment/area in London?
- 8 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 9 September 2014 - Mykonos, Santorini, Athens!
- 10 Driving in Germany
- 11 Which time period is preferable for summer visit to London?
- 12 Cambridge to Manchester, UK
- 13 Venice - boats on canals
- 14 Venice, just arrived
- 15 Guidance and help for Europe trip by train.
- 16 Where in Europe would you go to escape midwestern winter?
- 17 Park Guell in Barcelona
- 18 White Christmas in the Alps for Aussie non-skiers
- 19 ever rent an apartment after you get to a city?
- 20 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 21 capital one 360 debit card use in italy
- 22 Prepaid cell phone, CDG
- 23 Stockholm Trip Report
- 24 Paris -> Berlin - What's the cheapest mode of transportation?
- 25 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between