My husband and I will be retiring in 2010 and are planning to go to Italy for a 3 month stay to become immersed in the culture. Presently we are thinking of renting an apartment in Florence - thinking that the location is central - won't need to rent a car except on occasion and it is close to the train station. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for us. Also, which 3 months of the year would be the best.
3 month stay in Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 2 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 3 Dresden or Leipzig
- 4 Trains in Italy
- 5 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 6 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 7 South of France November Trip Report
- 8 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 9 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 10 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 11 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 12 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 13 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 14 Help With Vienna
- 15 Flying from Paris to London: logistics help?
- 16 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 17 Turkey Family Vacation packages From India.
- 18 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 19 FREE SATNAV WORLDWIDE with OFFLINE NAVIGATION on Windows 8 phones
- 20 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 21 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 22 Nice or Marseille??
- 23 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 24 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 25 Air pollution in Paris