My husband and I will be retiring in 2010 and are planning to go to Italy for a 3 month stay to become immersed in the culture. Presently we are thinking of renting an apartment in Florence - thinking that the location is central - won't need to rent a car except on occasion and it is close to the train station. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for us. Also, which 3 months of the year would be the best.
3 month stay in Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 2 seven days in Portugal
- 3 Ten days in Portugal - what are your favorites?
- 4 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 5 I need a haircut
- 6 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 7 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 8 We Need a Pact
- 9 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 10 Madrid and London
- 11 Monet in Normandy
- 12 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 13 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 14 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 15 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 16 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 17 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 18 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 19 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 20 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 21 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO
- 22 german rail ticket question
- 23 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 24 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 25 flea markets in France