As i said before, im going to spend a wonderful time in Italy next September. So excited =)
Well, my itinerary is 100% ok by now, but i have to change trains in Milano because apparently there's no way you can't scape Milano Centrale station during a 2 week tour in Italy.
So, here it goes: i'll leave Bergamo Alta in the morning and i have booked already my train ticket from Milano Centrale to Torino at 2pm. This means i'll arrive at Milano at around 11am or so, leaving me three hours in the city.
I don't plan to do much with this little time i have, so i'm asking you guys for smart tips to enjoy a nice coffee/snack/lunch/drink/sightseeing. Im not naive to do ALL OF THESE, its just a little relax in between trains.
What i am worried so far:
- leave my luggage in Milano Centrale, since you guys already told me there might be long lines to leave and to take them. Well, i don't want spend my piccola milanese morning on a line.
- Milano Centrale itself: from that ive read, it's a chaotic station, so i arrive there 40 minutes in advance to my train
- The distance to Duomo area itself: do you think i should take the subway, since google maps tell me that its a 40 minutes walk?
What i am considering:
- Duomo's roof, if the day is clear. This would be impossible with my luggage, right?
- a drink in Camparino, in Galleria Emanuelle. Too crowded?
- a nice walk around Brera area. Any ideas?
- any more idea?
More info: i should be there on FRIDAY. this means it would be more crowded than usual, right? Subways, street and Milano Centrale too, right?
I plan to visit Milano properly on a next trip to Italia, so i don't bother
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tattoos in Italy
- 2 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 3 London/Edinburgh in a few weeks, what should I get done ahead of time?
- 4 Another Question re Scotland
- 5 Place to stay
- 6 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 7 Charming areas to explore in London
- 8 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 9 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 10 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 11 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 12 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 13 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 14 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 15 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 16 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 17 2 weeks from southern italy
- 18 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 19 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 20 travel around Spain
- 21 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 22 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 23 A base for 5 days in Western Denmark
- 24 credit and debit cards
- 25 Where to stay in Umbria