As i said before, im going to spend a wonderful time in Italy next September. So excited =)
Well, my itinerary is 100% ok by now, but i have to change trains in Milano because apparently there's no way you can't scape Milano Centrale station during a 2 week tour in Italy.
So, here it goes: i'll leave Bergamo Alta in the morning and i have booked already my train ticket from Milano Centrale to Torino at 2pm. This means i'll arrive at Milano at around 11am or so, leaving me three hours in the city.
I don't plan to do much with this little time i have, so i'm asking you guys for smart tips to enjoy a nice coffee/snack/lunch/drink/sightseeing. Im not naive to do ALL OF THESE, its just a little relax in between trains.
What i am worried so far:
- leave my luggage in Milano Centrale, since you guys already told me there might be long lines to leave and to take them. Well, i don't want spend my piccola milanese morning on a line.
- Milano Centrale itself: from that ive read, it's a chaotic station, so i arrive there 40 minutes in advance to my train
- The distance to Duomo area itself: do you think i should take the subway, since google maps tell me that its a 40 minutes walk?
What i am considering:
- Duomo's roof, if the day is clear. This would be impossible with my luggage, right?
- a drink in Camparino, in Galleria Emanuelle. Too crowded?
- a nice walk around Brera area. Any ideas?
- any more idea?
More info: i should be there on FRIDAY. this means it would be more crowded than usual, right? Subways, street and Milano Centrale too, right?
I plan to visit Milano properly on a next trip to Italia, so i don't bother
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 2 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 3 Perugia
- 4 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 5 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 6 No Periods in British Written English!
- 7 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 8 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 9 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 10 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 11 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 12 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 13 Praiano
- 14 Rouen Tour Companies
- 15 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 16 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 17 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 18 Ireland itinerary help please
- 19 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 20 Ronda Wine/biking
- 21 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 22 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 23 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 24 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 25 Areas in Milan