My husband and I are going to Italy by way of LHR and have have a friend in Swindon with a nice home, offering us his guest room (yes, we are aware... it's Swindon). Anyhow, it's our base, and he's a good friend who is open to us staying with him and going wherever we want. We have two free days (post jet lag recovery). We've been to London and loved it. We're trying to figure out what to do for the two days. That being said, here are some thoughts...
We’ve done some of the great sites in London and beyond - Tower of London, seen the exterior B Palace, London Bridge, been to Salisbury Cathedral and Windsor Castle, been to Stonehenge - and loved them all. Have been to a bit of the Cottswalds (Chipping Campden and a bit beyond) and are totally open to more of that (loved the Cottswolds). We’ve never been to Bath. We're wide open to exploration and ideas, within our time constraints.
On our last day, we want to end up in London. There's a restaurant (Chutney Mary) that was probably the best restaurant we've ever been to (ever), and we want to go again. We figure we'll say in London that night and fly to Italy the next day. So that should be taken into consideration.
Anyone care to throw some ideas out there for two free days based in Swindon? (We're headed to Florence, Tuscany - Montici, and Venice after).
If you need more info, just ask.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 생중계카지노＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼생방송바카라＼안전한놀이터
- 2 헬로우바카라■▥■『KIA700.CoM』■▤■인터넷바카라주소ュ인터넷바카라주소
- 3 카지노잘하는법＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼온라인카지노˙안전한놀이터
- 4 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 5 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 6 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 7 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 8 K-Day
- 9 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 10 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 11 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 12 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 13 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 14 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 15 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 16 Cell Phone Question
- 17 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 18 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 19 Greek Islands (small)
- 20 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 21 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 22 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 23 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 24 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 25 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands