My husband and I are going to Italy by way of LHR and have have a friend in Swindon with a nice home, offering us his guest room (yes, we are aware... it's Swindon). Anyhow, it's our base, and he's a good friend who is open to us staying with him and going wherever we want. We have two free days (post jet lag recovery). We've been to London and loved it. We're trying to figure out what to do for the two days. That being said, here are some thoughts...
We’ve done some of the great sites in London and beyond - Tower of London, seen the exterior B Palace, London Bridge, been to Salisbury Cathedral and Windsor Castle, been to Stonehenge - and loved them all. Have been to a bit of the Cottswalds (Chipping Campden and a bit beyond) and are totally open to more of that (loved the Cottswolds). We’ve never been to Bath. We're wide open to exploration and ideas, within our time constraints.
On our last day, we want to end up in London. There's a restaurant (Chutney Mary) that was probably the best restaurant we've ever been to (ever), and we want to go again. We figure we'll say in London that night and fly to Italy the next day. So that should be taken into consideration.
Anyone care to throw some ideas out there for two free days based in Swindon? (We're headed to Florence, Tuscany - Montici, and Venice after).
If you need more info, just ask.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CANON@ Printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:68I:7208 Technical SUPP0RT CAre*
- 2 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 3 How much do you tip a tour guide on an escorted tour?
- 4 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 5 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 6 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 7 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 8 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 9 Italy in January?
- 10 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 11 10 days in London in early December
- 12 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 13 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 14 Berlin to ?
- 15 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 16 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 17 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 18 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 19 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 20 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 21 Scotland in December
- 22 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 23 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 24 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 25 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!