My husband and I are going to Italy by way of LHR and have have a friend in Swindon with a nice home, offering us his guest room (yes, we are aware... it's Swindon). Anyhow, it's our base, and he's a good friend who is open to us staying with him and going wherever we want. We have two free days (post jet lag recovery). We've been to London and loved it. We're trying to figure out what to do for the two days. That being said, here are some thoughts...
We’ve done some of the great sites in London and beyond - Tower of London, seen the exterior B Palace, London Bridge, been to Salisbury Cathedral and Windsor Castle, been to Stonehenge - and loved them all. Have been to a bit of the Cottswalds (Chipping Campden and a bit beyond) and are totally open to more of that (loved the Cottswolds). We’ve never been to Bath. We're wide open to exploration and ideas, within our time constraints.
On our last day, we want to end up in London. There's a restaurant (Chutney Mary) that was probably the best restaurant we've ever been to (ever), and we want to go again. We figure we'll say in London that night and fly to Italy the next day. So that should be taken into consideration.
Anyone care to throw some ideas out there for two free days based in Swindon? (We're headed to Florence, Tuscany - Montici, and Venice after).
If you need more info, just ask.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CANON Printer 1:800:681:7208 installations CONTACT ☎ CANON TEC*h 24*7
- 2 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 3 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 4 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 5 Long weekend in Albania
- 6 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 7 Airfare from Paris to Bastia
- 8 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 9 hill of crosses
- 10 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 11 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 12 Driving through Paris
- 13 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 14 Planning A trip
- 15 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 16 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 17 A week in the Occitanie
- 18 Munich and....???
- 19 Iceland March Itinerary
- 20 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 21 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 22 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 23 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 24 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 25 Arenalullring area Seville?