I am tentatively scheduled to travel to Cologne from India for business during the first week of December. I plan to make room for 3 days ( Fri, Sat and Sunday )of site seeing after the business part is completed. Could you please suggest me one city which I could travel by an over night train for my travel.
On my previous trips I have covered the following cities/places in Europe which I would like to rule out : Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels, Antwerp, Rotterdam, The Hague, Kinderdijk, Prague, Vienna, Salzburg, Cologne, Hiedelberg. I would like to avoid Berlin this time though I have not visited it before.
I am not a fan of Art and Museums , so will avoid them. I definitely like historical places and nature
But being Nov, it will be cold and I understand nature may not be a good choice.
Luggage : Will have 1 check in and carry on luggage each, would there be a place to leave my check in bag for 3 days around cologne / Frankfurt / Dusseldorf ?
I haven't booked the tickets yet, and a open jaw ticket will require approval of my office and also may have uncomfortable questions from the German Embassy during the Visa process. I will try and get a open jaw ticket , but will begin planning assuming I have to fly in and out of Dusseldorf or Frankfurt ( Emirates or Lufthansa ).
I did look up the Europe map but cannot seem to make up my mind on the city for vacation, kindly suggest a nice city for visit.
Thanks in Advance .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 2 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
- 3 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 4 Italy Car Scam
- 5 Quizz !
- 6 Pay attention to your watches !
- 7 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 8 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 9 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 10 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 11 car insurance italy
- 12 Christmas Day in Granada
- 13 a group of old friends traveling to croatia
- 14 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 15 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 16 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 17 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 18 Venice/Mestre
- 19 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 20 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 9 Days in Spain
- 23 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 24 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 25 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?