I am tentatively scheduled to travel to Cologne from India for business during the first week of December. I plan to make room for 3 days ( Fri, Sat and Sunday )of site seeing after the business part is completed. Could you please suggest me one city which I could travel by an over night train for my travel.
On my previous trips I have covered the following cities/places in Europe which I would like to rule out : Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels, Antwerp, Rotterdam, The Hague, Kinderdijk, Prague, Vienna, Salzburg, Cologne, Hiedelberg. I would like to avoid Berlin this time though I have not visited it before.
I am not a fan of Art and Museums , so will avoid them. I definitely like historical places and nature
But being Nov, it will be cold and I understand nature may not be a good choice.
Luggage : Will have 1 check in and carry on luggage each, would there be a place to leave my check in bag for 3 days around cologne / Frankfurt / Dusseldorf ?
I haven't booked the tickets yet, and a open jaw ticket will require approval of my office and also may have uncomfortable questions from the German Embassy during the Visa process. I will try and get a open jaw ticket , but will begin planning assuming I have to fly in and out of Dusseldorf or Frankfurt ( Emirates or Lufthansa ).
I did look up the Europe map but cannot seem to make up my mind on the city for vacation, kindly suggest a nice city for visit.
Thanks in Advance .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 English Countryside
- 2 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 3 Paris Shuttle Service - AVOID!!!!
- 4 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 5 Trains in Alps and UK
- 6 CDG airport and connection time
- 7 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 8 Switzerland
- 9 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 10 San Sebastian
- 11 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 12 car for four adults and four bikes
- 13 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 14 Barcelona cooking classes
- 15 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 16 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 17 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 18 4 days itinerary for France
- 19 French restaurants
- 20 If you had to choose one......
- 21 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 24 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 25 Itinerary and transportation suggestions