I am tentatively scheduled to travel to Cologne from India for business during the first week of December. I plan to make room for 3 days ( Fri, Sat and Sunday )of site seeing after the business part is completed. Could you please suggest me one city which I could travel by an over night train for my travel.
On my previous trips I have covered the following cities/places in Europe which I would like to rule out : Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels, Antwerp, Rotterdam, The Hague, Kinderdijk, Prague, Vienna, Salzburg, Cologne, Hiedelberg. I would like to avoid Berlin this time though I have not visited it before.
I am not a fan of Art and Museums , so will avoid them. I definitely like historical places and nature
But being Nov, it will be cold and I understand nature may not be a good choice.
Luggage : Will have 1 check in and carry on luggage each, would there be a place to leave my check in bag for 3 days around cologne / Frankfurt / Dusseldorf ?
I haven't booked the tickets yet, and a open jaw ticket will require approval of my office and also may have uncomfortable questions from the German Embassy during the Visa process. I will try and get a open jaw ticket , but will begin planning assuming I have to fly in and out of Dusseldorf or Frankfurt ( Emirates or Lufthansa ).
I did look up the Europe map but cannot seem to make up my mind on the city for vacation, kindly suggest a nice city for visit.
Thanks in Advance .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 2 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 3 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 4 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 5 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 6 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 7 Chania
- 8 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 9 Car rental in Santorini port
- 10 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 11 Renting a car in Greece
- 12 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 13 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 14 renting a car in greece
- 15 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 16 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 17 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 18 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 19 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 20 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 21 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 22 retruning to US with souveniers
- 23 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 24 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 25 First steps for Russian trip planning