I am tentatively scheduled to travel to Cologne from India for business during the first week of December. I plan to make room for 3 days ( Fri, Sat and Sunday )of site seeing after the business part is completed. Could you please suggest me one city which I could travel by an over night train for my travel.
On my previous trips I have covered the following cities/places in Europe which I would like to rule out : Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels, Antwerp, Rotterdam, The Hague, Kinderdijk, Prague, Vienna, Salzburg, Cologne, Hiedelberg. I would like to avoid Berlin this time though I have not visited it before.
I am not a fan of Art and Museums , so will avoid them. I definitely like historical places and nature
But being Nov, it will be cold and I understand nature may not be a good choice.
Luggage : Will have 1 check in and carry on luggage each, would there be a place to leave my check in bag for 3 days around cologne / Frankfurt / Dusseldorf ?
I haven't booked the tickets yet, and a open jaw ticket will require approval of my office and also may have uncomfortable questions from the German Embassy during the Visa process. I will try and get a open jaw ticket , but will begin planning assuming I have to fly in and out of Dusseldorf or Frankfurt ( Emirates or Lufthansa ).
I did look up the Europe map but cannot seem to make up my mind on the city for vacation, kindly suggest a nice city for visit.
Thanks in Advance .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 2 Tieks for travel
- 3 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 4 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 5 barcelona neighborhood
- 6 Tracking the Weather
- 7 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 8 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 9 Where to eat in Rome?
- 10 Thinking about the Fjords
- 11 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 12 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 13 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 14 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 15 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 16 Italy travel plan help
- 17 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 18 Italy round 4 - Pisa/CT/Parma/Bologna/Milan
- 19 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 20 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 21 Alsace to Austria?
- 22 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 23 Budapest language lessons
- 24 Tours in Wales
- 25 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?