going with my father we had heart surgery. After staying 4 nights in Lauterbrunnen on July we will have 3 nights left as flying back from Zurich. We will have swiss pass.
About my father - He can hike on flat or very moderate down (6-10 km). I'm not sure what are the heights he can do I guess as 2,300 meters (as the air pressure inside an airplane).
He prefer places with live atmosphere at the evenings. I would like to do some easy hikes in mountains for few hours.
Also he prefer a place which is not too hot during day (since it is July).
I thouth of few options and not sure aht is the best:
1. Zermatt - can go for a few cable cars and stay in village or take day trips to villages around.
I'm afraid of the steep up and downs there as I've heard.
2. Lucerne - not touring the city but maybe cuises on the lake, Rigi mountain and maybe some hikes you can advice me.
3. Train Trip -
First Day - Take the golden pass from interlaken to Lucern, maybe take a cruise and continue to Chur at the evening (problem - we are with suitcases during the day).
Second Day - Leave our suitcase in our hotel for storage. Take the Bernina Express until the stop before Tirano. Stay the night there, maybe some flat hikes??
Third Day - Take the Bernina again or a regular train to Chur while stopping in the way (Alp Grum, St Morits etc). Take the Night in Chur.
Take the train to Zurich in the morning and the flight is during evening (20:00). Alternatively, we go to Lucern.
4. Around GSTAAD - flat hikes but might be too warm.
3 days left - what to choose?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 11:00 am flight from Rome & my husband
- 2 Potential trip - Balkans
- 3 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 4 car rental agency
- 5 Amsterdam... Hotel recommendations and must sees
- 6 Italy for 5 nights!
- 7 Advice on Romania Itinerary
- 8 Castle/Abbey Ruins in Wales - Night Access
- 9 scotland trave;
- 10 Paris Art Galleries
- 11 Nuremberg on a Business Trip
- 12 Paris Bastille Day
- 13 Driver/Car Transfer from Pisa to Cinque Terre
- 14 3 Full Days in Paris... What are the must sees?
- 15 Amsterdam Hotel or B&B Recommendation
- 16 Croatia help
- 17 River Cruise
- 18 Accommodation
- 19 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 20 9 Nights: Venice, AC, and Rome first timer help!!!
- 21 Stockholmsmässan Exhibition and Convention Center to nearest airport
- 22 Euro Quiz # 63 (Friday): Vive la France!
- 23 Underground Ticket Office Closures---Effects Yet?
- 24 Is Greece cheaper to visit then Italy and France??
- 25 Place to drop off car South of Siena, Italy