going with my father we had heart surgery. After staying 4 nights in Lauterbrunnen on July we will have 3 nights left as flying back from Zurich. We will have swiss pass.
About my father - He can hike on flat or very moderate down (6-10 km). I'm not sure what are the heights he can do I guess as 2,300 meters (as the air pressure inside an airplane).
He prefer places with live atmosphere at the evenings. I would like to do some easy hikes in mountains for few hours.
Also he prefer a place which is not too hot during day (since it is July).
I thouth of few options and not sure aht is the best:
1. Zermatt - can go for a few cable cars and stay in village or take day trips to villages around.
I'm afraid of the steep up and downs there as I've heard.
2. Lucerne - not touring the city but maybe cuises on the lake, Rigi mountain and maybe some hikes you can advice me.
3. Train Trip -
First Day - Take the golden pass from interlaken to Lucern, maybe take a cruise and continue to Chur at the evening (problem - we are with suitcases during the day).
Second Day - Leave our suitcase in our hotel for storage. Take the Bernina Express until the stop before Tirano. Stay the night there, maybe some flat hikes??
Third Day - Take the Bernina again or a regular train to Chur while stopping in the way (Alp Grum, St Morits etc). Take the Night in Chur.
Take the train to Zurich in the morning and the flight is during evening (20:00). Alternatively, we go to Lucern.
4. Around GSTAAD - flat hikes but might be too warm.
3 days left - what to choose?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 2 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 3 nearby cities to london
- 4 How to change college, after obtaining French visa?
- 5 Honeymoon Villa rental - Santorini or Mykonos
- 6 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 7 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 8 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 9 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 10 Swiss rail passes
- 11 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 12 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 13 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 14 Discover Greece On Line (Video + Stills)
- 15 Augsburg with kids
- 16 train to Vernon France
- 17 Car service w/ baby car seat: London & Paris
- 18 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 19 Hotel in Venice
- 20 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 21 Getting married planning 6-8 week honeymoon in Europe & need YOUR advice!
- 22 A drive in Europe
- 23 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 24 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 25 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes