going with my father we had heart surgery. After staying 4 nights in Lauterbrunnen on July we will have 3 nights left as flying back from Zurich. We will have swiss pass.
About my father - He can hike on flat or very moderate down (6-10 km). I'm not sure what are the heights he can do I guess as 2,300 meters (as the air pressure inside an airplane).
He prefer places with live atmosphere at the evenings. I would like to do some easy hikes in mountains for few hours.
Also he prefer a place which is not too hot during day (since it is July).
I thouth of few options and not sure aht is the best:
1. Zermatt - can go for a few cable cars and stay in village or take day trips to villages around.
I'm afraid of the steep up and downs there as I've heard.
2. Lucerne - not touring the city but maybe cuises on the lake, Rigi mountain and maybe some hikes you can advice me.
3. Train Trip -
First Day - Take the golden pass from interlaken to Lucern, maybe take a cruise and continue to Chur at the evening (problem - we are with suitcases during the day).
Second Day - Leave our suitcase in our hotel for storage. Take the Bernina Express until the stop before Tirano. Stay the night there, maybe some flat hikes??
Third Day - Take the Bernina again or a regular train to Chur while stopping in the way (Alp Grum, St Morits etc). Take the Night in Chur.
Take the train to Zurich in the morning and the flight is during evening (20:00). Alternatively, we go to Lucern.
4. Around GSTAAD - flat hikes but might be too warm.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy - Sorrento to Rome
- 2 From London to Italy - where to go?
- 3 Trip to France (Provence, Languedoc/Roussillon) - a quick summary
- 4 Thinking of ROME? Really???
- 5 Edinburgh Questions...
- 6 Fall trip to The Netherlands and Belgium
- 7 Montpillier Car Rental Return Help
- 8 Holding bags in Paris
- 9 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 10 Nonstop from Belfast to ...???
- 11 Help me celebrate my daughter's 10th Birthday in Austria!
- 12 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 13 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 14 Planning first trip to Germany, looking for any recommendations!!!
- 15 Need Help Planning a 19 day visit to Ireland
- 16 ICELAND DAY 2 and 3!
- 17 Anyone ever used Northwest Walks or Sherpa for a C2C England hike?
- 18 SIXT car rental uk
- 19 Your favorite Paris shopping street.
- 20 Where to stay in Delft and Antwerp
- 21 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 22 Advice on Transportation - Berlin
- 23 A month in northern Italy: Mountains, Lakes and Castles
- 24 Bulle/Charmey (Gruyere region)
- 25 14 Days in Portugal - Help with Itinerary