going with my father we had heart surgery. After staying 4 nights in Lauterbrunnen on July we will have 3 nights left as flying back from Zurich. We will have swiss pass.
About my father - He can hike on flat or very moderate down (6-10 km). I'm not sure what are the heights he can do I guess as 2,300 meters (as the air pressure inside an airplane).
He prefer places with live atmosphere at the evenings. I would like to do some easy hikes in mountains for few hours.
Also he prefer a place which is not too hot during day (since it is July).
I thouth of few options and not sure aht is the best:
1. Zermatt - can go for a few cable cars and stay in village or take day trips to villages around.
I'm afraid of the steep up and downs there as I've heard.
2. Lucerne - not touring the city but maybe cuises on the lake, Rigi mountain and maybe some hikes you can advice me.
3. Train Trip -
First Day - Take the golden pass from interlaken to Lucern, maybe take a cruise and continue to Chur at the evening (problem - we are with suitcases during the day).
Second Day - Leave our suitcase in our hotel for storage. Take the Bernina Express until the stop before Tirano. Stay the night there, maybe some flat hikes??
Third Day - Take the Bernina again or a regular train to Chur while stopping in the way (Alp Grum, St Morits etc). Take the Night in Chur.
Take the train to Zurich in the morning and the flight is during evening (20:00). Alternatively, we go to Lucern.
4. Around GSTAAD - flat hikes but might be too warm.
3 days left - what to choose?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How do I use a SIM card in Spain and Portugal?
- 2 Language Immersion Courses in France
- 3 Need Advice on 18 Days into Madrid, out of Bilbao
- 4 Anybody in Amalfi right now? Weather?
- 5 Jamikins and Bikerscott Go Francing: Cooking in the Alps and Alsace
- 6 Spending money in Italy?
- 7 A week in Basque Country: Bilbao, San Sebastian, Biarritz
- 8 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 9 Spain for 7 days
- 10 Normandy in October
- 11 Thanks to Fodorites for help planning Paris/London trip
- 12 18 DAYS IN VIENNA, 7 DAYS WITH A 4-YEAR-OLD
- 13 Help! Just 3 nights in CROATIA: where should we go?
- 14 Help! Only a few days in CROTIA: where would you go?
- 15 first family trip to Switzerland
- 16 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 17 St. Paul's Cathedral bells
- 18 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 19 Vienna.stay in pension.
- 20 Biking across Europe
- 21 Rioja in one day on way to Basque
- 22 Vacation Rental Home near Barcelona with 8 bed/8 bath help
- 23 London: Oyster Card or Travelcard?
- 24 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 25 I went to Paris in June