going with my father we had heart surgery. After staying 4 nights in Lauterbrunnen on July we will have 3 nights left as flying back from Zurich. We will have swiss pass.
About my father - He can hike on flat or very moderate down (6-10 km). I'm not sure what are the heights he can do I guess as 2,300 meters (as the air pressure inside an airplane).
He prefer places with live atmosphere at the evenings. I would like to do some easy hikes in mountains for few hours.
Also he prefer a place which is not too hot during day (since it is July).
I thouth of few options and not sure aht is the best:
1. Zermatt - can go for a few cable cars and stay in village or take day trips to villages around.
I'm afraid of the steep up and downs there as I've heard.
2. Lucerne - not touring the city but maybe cuises on the lake, Rigi mountain and maybe some hikes you can advice me.
3. Train Trip -
First Day - Take the golden pass from interlaken to Lucern, maybe take a cruise and continue to Chur at the evening (problem - we are with suitcases during the day).
Second Day - Leave our suitcase in our hotel for storage. Take the Bernina Express until the stop before Tirano. Stay the night there, maybe some flat hikes??
Third Day - Take the Bernina again or a regular train to Chur while stopping in the way (Alp Grum, St Morits etc). Take the Night in Chur.
Take the train to Zurich in the morning and the flight is during evening (20:00). Alternatively, we go to Lucern.
4. Around GSTAAD - flat hikes but might be too warm.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 2 Paris - Rome
- 3 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 4 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 5 Planning a trip to Turkey
- 6 Istanbul - FOOD!
- 7 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 8 Antiques shopping Rome
- 9 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 10 8 days in switzerland
- 11 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 12 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 13 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 14 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 15 12 Days in Italy
- 16 Health insurance coverage
- 17 Vintage trip report: Greenland, 1995
- 18 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 19 A week in Greece, single woman alone
- 20 3 weeks in Italy...questions...
- 21 Oh Italy, What to wear!
- 22 Family vacay in Europe
- 23 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 24 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 25 Italy - best two central locations