going with my father we had heart surgery. After staying 4 nights in Lauterbrunnen on July we will have 3 nights left as flying back from Zurich. We will have swiss pass.
About my father - He can hike on flat or very moderate down (6-10 km). I'm not sure what are the heights he can do I guess as 2,300 meters (as the air pressure inside an airplane).
He prefer places with live atmosphere at the evenings. I would like to do some easy hikes in mountains for few hours.
Also he prefer a place which is not too hot during day (since it is July).
I thouth of few options and not sure aht is the best:
1. Zermatt - can go for a few cable cars and stay in village or take day trips to villages around.
I'm afraid of the steep up and downs there as I've heard.
2. Lucerne - not touring the city but maybe cuises on the lake, Rigi mountain and maybe some hikes you can advice me.
3. Train Trip -
First Day - Take the golden pass from interlaken to Lucern, maybe take a cruise and continue to Chur at the evening (problem - we are with suitcases during the day).
Second Day - Leave our suitcase in our hotel for storage. Take the Bernina Express until the stop before Tirano. Stay the night there, maybe some flat hikes??
Third Day - Take the Bernina again or a regular train to Chur while stopping in the way (Alp Grum, St Morits etc). Take the Night in Chur.
Take the train to Zurich in the morning and the flight is during evening (20:00). Alternatively, we go to Lucern.
4. Around GSTAAD - flat hikes but might be too warm.
3 days left - what to choose?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia, Greece and Turkey
- 2 Brittany and Normandy coast
- 3 Mont St. Michele?
- 4 Stay in Venice
- 5 Siciliy - travel from Taormina to Siracusa via public transportation
- 6 Rail Pass for 2 countries, but HELP, we wish to cross in/out of a 3rd
- 7 Venice - apartment??????
- 8 12 days in italy help
- 9 Avoid Web Reservation International Maffia!
- 10 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 11 Sagrada Familia Ticket Choices
- 12 Is Easter week 2015 too early for Keukenhof garden?
- 13 Pick my Paris Restaurants
- 14 Aug/Sept trip to Amsterdam - time for Brussels too?
- 15 Holy Week in Seville 2015
- 16 11 day trip Switzerland & France please help for Itinerary
- 17 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 18 What is the perfect day in Bruges?
- 19 North side of Thun Lake Switzerland as a lodging base
- 20 Trains from Brussels to other Belgian cities/towns
- 21 Our first trip to Europe
- 22 Where to stay in Barcelona
- 23 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 24 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 25 Athens and which islands?