going with my father we had heart surgery. After staying 4 nights in Lauterbrunnen on July we will have 3 nights left as flying back from Zurich. We will have swiss pass.
About my father - He can hike on flat or very moderate down (6-10 km). I'm not sure what are the heights he can do I guess as 2,300 meters (as the air pressure inside an airplane).
He prefer places with live atmosphere at the evenings. I would like to do some easy hikes in mountains for few hours.
Also he prefer a place which is not too hot during day (since it is July).
I thouth of few options and not sure aht is the best:
1. Zermatt - can go for a few cable cars and stay in village or take day trips to villages around.
I'm afraid of the steep up and downs there as I've heard.
2. Lucerne - not touring the city but maybe cuises on the lake, Rigi mountain and maybe some hikes you can advice me.
3. Train Trip -
First Day - Take the golden pass from interlaken to Lucern, maybe take a cruise and continue to Chur at the evening (problem - we are with suitcases during the day).
Second Day - Leave our suitcase in our hotel for storage. Take the Bernina Express until the stop before Tirano. Stay the night there, maybe some flat hikes??
Third Day - Take the Bernina again or a regular train to Chur while stopping in the way (Alp Grum, St Morits etc). Take the Night in Chur.
Take the train to Zurich in the morning and the flight is during evening (20:00). Alternatively, we go to Lucern.
4. Around GSTAAD - flat hikes but might be too warm.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi Coast of Algarve
- 2 Japan or Italy next spring
- 3 London to Edinburgh transportation
- 4 Fall 2016 England andScotland
- 5 Lisbon transportation
- 6 Schengen-Student Study Abroad-Student Visa Problems
- 7 One day in Paris!
- 8 First time Vienna/Budapest/Prague
- 9 Where to travel in Switzerland in 2 days when I'm travelling from Italy?
- 10 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 11 Getting to Kinderdijk
- 12 neighbourhood in Barcelona question
- 13 Vicking Legend - Danube waltz cruise
- 14 English countryside help (Cotswolds and Bath?)
- 15 A Month in the Land of Ice and Fire
- 16 Has anyone ever booked a Rome food tour with Elizabeth Minchilli?
- 17 Travel in England and Scotland
- 18 Oh no, yet another Alhambra ticket-timing question
- 19 Champagne Houses open in December - Reims
- 20 €2500 for full day boating outing on Amalfi coast?
- 21 Almafi Coast Vs. French Riviera
- 22 Texans Take a Tour
- 23 Need help for itinerary with 4 yr old
- 24 Bahn.de rail travel in Germany
- 25 Night at MSM or Honfleur?