going with my father we had heart surgery. After staying 4 nights in Lauterbrunnen on July we will have 3 nights left as flying back from Zurich. We will have swiss pass.
About my father - He can hike on flat or very moderate down (6-10 km). I'm not sure what are the heights he can do I guess as 2,300 meters (as the air pressure inside an airplane).
He prefer places with live atmosphere at the evenings. I would like to do some easy hikes in mountains for few hours.
Also he prefer a place which is not too hot during day (since it is July).
I thouth of few options and not sure aht is the best:
1. Zermatt - can go for a few cable cars and stay in village or take day trips to villages around.
I'm afraid of the steep up and downs there as I've heard.
2. Lucerne - not touring the city but maybe cuises on the lake, Rigi mountain and maybe some hikes you can advice me.
3. Train Trip -
First Day - Take the golden pass from interlaken to Lucern, maybe take a cruise and continue to Chur at the evening (problem - we are with suitcases during the day).
Second Day - Leave our suitcase in our hotel for storage. Take the Bernina Express until the stop before Tirano. Stay the night there, maybe some flat hikes??
Third Day - Take the Bernina again or a regular train to Chur while stopping in the way (Alp Grum, St Morits etc). Take the Night in Chur.
Take the train to Zurich in the morning and the flight is during evening (20:00). Alternatively, we go to Lucern.
4. Around GSTAAD - flat hikes but might be too warm.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain/France/Italy/UK
- 2 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 3 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 4 Hostel Advice
- 5 Gengenbach or Schiltach
- 6 Lake Maggiore, Italy
- 7 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 8 Amalfi or Positano
- 9 Poland in September
- 10 Belgium advice
- 11 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 12 Train from Lille to Delft
- 13 Draining the Canal Saint Martin in Paris
- 14 Please suggest a hike from Ravello- with kids
- 15 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 16 10 day trip - very initial thinking
- 17 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 18 Help with ferry schedule Naples to Sorrento please.
- 19 Barcelona>Andalusia>Madrid...8 days with a pre-schooler
- 20 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 21 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 22 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 23 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 24 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 25 Doobie in Amsterdam