going with my father we had heart surgery. After staying 4 nights in Lauterbrunnen on July we will have 3 nights left as flying back from Zurich. We will have swiss pass.
About my father - He can hike on flat or very moderate down (6-10 km). I'm not sure what are the heights he can do I guess as 2,300 meters (as the air pressure inside an airplane).
He prefer places with live atmosphere at the evenings. I would like to do some easy hikes in mountains for few hours.
Also he prefer a place which is not too hot during day (since it is July).
I thouth of few options and not sure aht is the best:
1. Zermatt - can go for a few cable cars and stay in village or take day trips to villages around.
I'm afraid of the steep up and downs there as I've heard.
2. Lucerne - not touring the city but maybe cuises on the lake, Rigi mountain and maybe some hikes you can advice me.
3. Train Trip -
First Day - Take the golden pass from interlaken to Lucern, maybe take a cruise and continue to Chur at the evening (problem - we are with suitcases during the day).
Second Day - Leave our suitcase in our hotel for storage. Take the Bernina Express until the stop before Tirano. Stay the night there, maybe some flat hikes??
Third Day - Take the Bernina again or a regular train to Chur while stopping in the way (Alp Grum, St Morits etc). Take the Night in Chur.
Take the train to Zurich in the morning and the flight is during evening (20:00). Alternatively, we go to Lucern.
4. Around GSTAAD - flat hikes but might be too warm.
3 days left - what to choose?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 2 1 Week in Barcelona, Valencia - what else?
- 3 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 4 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 5 Cooking Holidays Valencia
- 6 Car Rentals in Athens
- 7 Any opinions on the Scilly Isles? Penzance? Need a car?
- 8 Copies of passports & credit cars
- 9 help- itinerary planning france-switzerland-Italy -18N starting 15th July
- 10 Traveling to Greece & Italy with FOOD allergy (tree nuts)
- 11 4 days in the Yonne (Burgundy) with kids - itinerary suggestions?
- 12 Bernina and Glacier Express routes
- 13 Weekend navigo options
- 14 Macarons!
- 15 Barcelona and Road Trip to Southern France
- 16 help with driving route from Seville to Lisbon airport
- 17 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 18 Spain pre cruise and post cruise stay
- 19 DCC on the increase?
- 20 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 21 EUROPE IN 5 MONTHS
- 22 Southern France/Northern Italy/Switzerland trip
- 23 7 days in Portugal-itinerary help
- 24 UK passport renewal from O'seas.
- 25 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.