going with my father we had heart surgery. After staying 4 nights in Lauterbrunnen on July we will have 3 nights left as flying back from Zurich. We will have swiss pass.
About my father - He can hike on flat or very moderate down (6-10 km). I'm not sure what are the heights he can do I guess as 2,300 meters (as the air pressure inside an airplane).
He prefer places with live atmosphere at the evenings. I would like to do some easy hikes in mountains for few hours.
Also he prefer a place which is not too hot during day (since it is July).
I thouth of few options and not sure aht is the best:
1. Zermatt - can go for a few cable cars and stay in village or take day trips to villages around.
I'm afraid of the steep up and downs there as I've heard.
2. Lucerne - not touring the city but maybe cuises on the lake, Rigi mountain and maybe some hikes you can advice me.
3. Train Trip -
First Day - Take the golden pass from interlaken to Lucern, maybe take a cruise and continue to Chur at the evening (problem - we are with suitcases during the day).
Second Day - Leave our suitcase in our hotel for storage. Take the Bernina Express until the stop before Tirano. Stay the night there, maybe some flat hikes??
Third Day - Take the Bernina again or a regular train to Chur while stopping in the way (Alp Grum, St Morits etc). Take the Night in Chur.
Take the train to Zurich in the morning and the flight is during evening (20:00). Alternatively, we go to Lucern.
4. Around GSTAAD - flat hikes but might be too warm.
3 days left - what to choose?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Central London Hotels
- 2 Flybe Airlines from Dublin to Southampton
- 3 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 4 Help for San Sebastian
- 5 Skip the line at Vatican museum?
- 6 3 days in Rome
- 7 2 Days in Rome
- 8 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 9 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 10 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 11 where to stay dolomites Italy
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 13 Help with 2 for 1 offers in London
- 14 La Barceloneta Protests.
- 15 Greece with 4 months baby old in September
- 16 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 17 23 days in Italy - itenerary HELP
- 18 8 days in Switzerland in October first week
- 19 Belated Paris trip report, May 16-24 2014 part 2: the actual trip
- 20 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 21 Help with Madrid Location
- 22 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 23 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 24 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 25 Nice cafe near or in Milano Centrale Station