going with my father we had heart surgery. After staying 4 nights in Lauterbrunnen on July we will have 3 nights left as flying back from Zurich. We will have swiss pass.
About my father - He can hike on flat or very moderate down (6-10 km). I'm not sure what are the heights he can do I guess as 2,300 meters (as the air pressure inside an airplane).
He prefer places with live atmosphere at the evenings. I would like to do some easy hikes in mountains for few hours.
Also he prefer a place which is not too hot during day (since it is July).
I thouth of few options and not sure aht is the best:
1. Zermatt - can go for a few cable cars and stay in village or take day trips to villages around.
I'm afraid of the steep up and downs there as I've heard.
2. Lucerne - not touring the city but maybe cuises on the lake, Rigi mountain and maybe some hikes you can advice me.
3. Train Trip -
First Day - Take the golden pass from interlaken to Lucern, maybe take a cruise and continue to Chur at the evening (problem - we are with suitcases during the day).
Second Day - Leave our suitcase in our hotel for storage. Take the Bernina Express until the stop before Tirano. Stay the night there, maybe some flat hikes??
Third Day - Take the Bernina again or a regular train to Chur while stopping in the way (Alp Grum, St Morits etc). Take the Night in Chur.
Take the train to Zurich in the morning and the flight is during evening (20:00). Alternatively, we go to Lucern.
4. Around GSTAAD - flat hikes but might be too warm.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Hotels
- 2 Paris hotels
- 3 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 4 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 5 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 6 Back from Paris
- 7 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 8 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 9 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 10 Summer Travel order
- 11 10 days in Paris and......
- 12 Another tipping question: concierges
- 13 Brugge hotel help
- 14 Luggage Storage
- 15 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 16 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 17 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 18 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 19 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 20 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 21 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 22 LIsbon
- 23 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 24 International Flight Question
- 25 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily