going with my father we had heart surgery. After staying 4 nights in Lauterbrunnen on July we will have 3 nights left as flying back from Zurich. We will have swiss pass.
About my father - He can hike on flat or very moderate down (6-10 km). I'm not sure what are the heights he can do I guess as 2,300 meters (as the air pressure inside an airplane).
He prefer places with live atmosphere at the evenings. I would like to do some easy hikes in mountains for few hours.
Also he prefer a place which is not too hot during day (since it is July).
I thouth of few options and not sure aht is the best:
1. Zermatt - can go for a few cable cars and stay in village or take day trips to villages around.
I'm afraid of the steep up and downs there as I've heard.
2. Lucerne - not touring the city but maybe cuises on the lake, Rigi mountain and maybe some hikes you can advice me.
3. Train Trip -
First Day - Take the golden pass from interlaken to Lucern, maybe take a cruise and continue to Chur at the evening (problem - we are with suitcases during the day).
Second Day - Leave our suitcase in our hotel for storage. Take the Bernina Express until the stop before Tirano. Stay the night there, maybe some flat hikes??
Third Day - Take the Bernina again or a regular train to Chur while stopping in the way (Alp Grum, St Morits etc). Take the Night in Chur.
Take the train to Zurich in the morning and the flight is during evening (20:00). Alternatively, we go to Lucern.
4. Around GSTAAD - flat hikes but might be too warm.
3 days left - what to choose?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Versailles King's Chamber Tour
- 2 Help with a small island in Greece
- 3 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 4 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)
- 5 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 6 Planning to visit Barcelona and Santander in the fall next year
- 7 things in Rhonda
- 8 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 9 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 10 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 11 On the road again - another country roads tour of France.
- 12 A full week in The Netherlands
- 13 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 14 A weekend in Europe--where to go?
- 15 Girona, Spain - Restaurant for a Sunday night
- 16 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 17 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 18 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 19 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 20 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 21 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 22 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 23 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 24 where to buy a LV bag?
- 25 Please help with itinerary for 18 days in Italy.