going with my father we had heart surgery. After staying 4 nights in Lauterbrunnen on July we will have 3 nights left as flying back from Zurich. We will have swiss pass.
About my father - He can hike on flat or very moderate down (6-10 km). I'm not sure what are the heights he can do I guess as 2,300 meters (as the air pressure inside an airplane).
He prefer places with live atmosphere at the evenings. I would like to do some easy hikes in mountains for few hours.
Also he prefer a place which is not too hot during day (since it is July).
I thouth of few options and not sure aht is the best:
1. Zermatt - can go for a few cable cars and stay in village or take day trips to villages around.
I'm afraid of the steep up and downs there as I've heard.
2. Lucerne - not touring the city but maybe cuises on the lake, Rigi mountain and maybe some hikes you can advice me.
3. Train Trip -
First Day - Take the golden pass from interlaken to Lucern, maybe take a cruise and continue to Chur at the evening (problem - we are with suitcases during the day).
Second Day - Leave our suitcase in our hotel for storage. Take the Bernina Express until the stop before Tirano. Stay the night there, maybe some flat hikes??
Third Day - Take the Bernina again or a regular train to Chur while stopping in the way (Alp Grum, St Morits etc). Take the Night in Chur.
Take the train to Zurich in the morning and the flight is during evening (20:00). Alternatively, we go to Lucern.
4. Around GSTAAD - flat hikes but might be too warm.
3 days left - what to choose?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 2 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 3 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 4 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 5 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 6 Camper Rental in Iceland
- 7 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 8 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 9 My itinerary for Greece
- 10 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 11 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 12 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 13 portugal trip 14 days - where to visit and stay
- 14 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 15 Help! Aegean Airlines booking info & baggage
- 16 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 17 What to wear
- 18 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 19 Bergen + NIN + Hardangerfjord + what? Four days in June
- 20 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 21 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 22 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 23 SIM card for eastern europe
- 24 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 25 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??