going with my father we had heart surgery. After staying 4 nights in Lauterbrunnen on July we will have 3 nights left as flying back from Zurich. We will have swiss pass.
About my father - He can hike on flat or very moderate down (6-10 km). I'm not sure what are the heights he can do I guess as 2,300 meters (as the air pressure inside an airplane).
He prefer places with live atmosphere at the evenings. I would like to do some easy hikes in mountains for few hours.
Also he prefer a place which is not too hot during day (since it is July).
I thouth of few options and not sure aht is the best:
1. Zermatt - can go for a few cable cars and stay in village or take day trips to villages around.
I'm afraid of the steep up and downs there as I've heard.
2. Lucerne - not touring the city but maybe cuises on the lake, Rigi mountain and maybe some hikes you can advice me.
3. Train Trip -
First Day - Take the golden pass from interlaken to Lucern, maybe take a cruise and continue to Chur at the evening (problem - we are with suitcases during the day).
Second Day - Leave our suitcase in our hotel for storage. Take the Bernina Express until the stop before Tirano. Stay the night there, maybe some flat hikes??
Third Day - Take the Bernina again or a regular train to Chur while stopping in the way (Alp Grum, St Morits etc). Take the Night in Chur.
Take the train to Zurich in the morning and the flight is during evening (20:00). Alternatively, we go to Lucern.
4. Around GSTAAD - flat hikes but might be too warm.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 2 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 3 Oct vs Nov for Greece
- 4 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 5 Inverness Northern Lights?
- 6 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 7 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 8 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 9 Places to visit staying in Como
- 10 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 11 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 12 Advices about our itiniary
- 13 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 14 Mona Lisait Returns
- 15 Do i need a Swiss Half-fare travelcard?
- 16 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 17 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 18 Morning in paris
- 19 Paris Under Seige...
- 20 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 21 Itinerary help
- 22 Suggestions for travel
- 23 Dynamic Currency Conversion is Alive & Well in Paris
- 24 St. Petersburg: Gosh, it's expensive
- 25 Villas for short stays on Paros and Mykonos?