going with my father we had heart surgery. After staying 4 nights in Lauterbrunnen on July we will have 3 nights left as flying back from Zurich. We will have swiss pass.
About my father - He can hike on flat or very moderate down (6-10 km). I'm not sure what are the heights he can do I guess as 2,300 meters (as the air pressure inside an airplane).
He prefer places with live atmosphere at the evenings. I would like to do some easy hikes in mountains for few hours.
Also he prefer a place which is not too hot during day (since it is July).
I thouth of few options and not sure aht is the best:
1. Zermatt - can go for a few cable cars and stay in village or take day trips to villages around.
I'm afraid of the steep up and downs there as I've heard.
2. Lucerne - not touring the city but maybe cuises on the lake, Rigi mountain and maybe some hikes you can advice me.
3. Train Trip -
First Day - Take the golden pass from interlaken to Lucern, maybe take a cruise and continue to Chur at the evening (problem - we are with suitcases during the day).
Second Day - Leave our suitcase in our hotel for storage. Take the Bernina Express until the stop before Tirano. Stay the night there, maybe some flat hikes??
Third Day - Take the Bernina again or a regular train to Chur while stopping in the way (Alp Grum, St Morits etc). Take the Night in Chur.
Take the train to Zurich in the morning and the flight is during evening (20:00). Alternatively, we go to Lucern.
4. Around GSTAAD - flat hikes but might be too warm.
3 days left - what to choose?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 2 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 3 Porto -City Break
- 4 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 5 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 6 Prague - Tram #22
- 7 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 8 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 9 7 days in Greece
- 10 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 11 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 12 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 13 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 14 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 15 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 16 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 17 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 18 nearby cities to london
- 19 London hotel
- 20 A drive in Europe
- 21 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 22 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 23 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 24 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 25 HELP FLORENCE TO ROME BY CAR WHAT TO DO