going with my father we had heart surgery. After staying 4 nights in Lauterbrunnen on July we will have 3 nights left as flying back from Zurich. We will have swiss pass.
About my father - He can hike on flat or very moderate down (6-10 km). I'm not sure what are the heights he can do I guess as 2,300 meters (as the air pressure inside an airplane).
He prefer places with live atmosphere at the evenings. I would like to do some easy hikes in mountains for few hours.
Also he prefer a place which is not too hot during day (since it is July).
I thouth of few options and not sure aht is the best:
1. Zermatt - can go for a few cable cars and stay in village or take day trips to villages around.
I'm afraid of the steep up and downs there as I've heard.
2. Lucerne - not touring the city but maybe cuises on the lake, Rigi mountain and maybe some hikes you can advice me.
3. Train Trip -
First Day - Take the golden pass from interlaken to Lucern, maybe take a cruise and continue to Chur at the evening (problem - we are with suitcases during the day).
Second Day - Leave our suitcase in our hotel for storage. Take the Bernina Express until the stop before Tirano. Stay the night there, maybe some flat hikes??
Third Day - Take the Bernina again or a regular train to Chur while stopping in the way (Alp Grum, St Morits etc). Take the Night in Chur.
Take the train to Zurich in the morning and the flight is during evening (20:00). Alternatively, we go to Lucern.
4. Around GSTAAD - flat hikes but might be too warm.
3 days left - what to choose?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 2 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 3 My notes on Greece 101
- 4 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 5 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 6 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 7 Where to go in France mid July?
- 8 Help with England/Wales tour
- 9 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 10 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 11 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 12 Is Venice really dirty?
- 13 Cotswold Churches
- 14 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 15 Best beach town in Italy?
- 16 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 17 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 18 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 19 Italy and Croatia
- 20 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 21 Five nights in Extremadura
- 22 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 23 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 24 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 25 trip to norway