Thanks for your inputs on my preliminary itinerary for Rome & Venice a couple of days back. Based on your inputs and some more research I have developed my itinerary further and will appreciate any comments that you may have. I have also got a few queries (starts with Q#) and will be thankful if you could clarify them.
July 23, Monday:
- Arrive from Rome at St. Lucia Train Station at 12pm. Take Vaporetto no. 1 to Santa Maria del Giglio stop and walk up to Hotel Ala. (Q1: How long do you think it may take us to reach our hotel from the train station?)
- Explore Dorsoduro incl. a visit to Ca’ Rezzonico, Squero di San Trovaso, Campo Santa Margherita. (Q2. Could some one suggest some route that covers key attractions in this area)
- Take a Gondola Ride ending at Piazza San Marco and spend some time at Piazza (Q3. Is their a gondola stand near campo Santa margherita)
July 24, Tuesday:
- Visit (i) Basilica di San Marco, (ii) Palazo Ducale, (iii) Campnile, (iv) Museo Correr. Advance tickets for Basilica and Doge’s palace (Q4: Any preferred time to visit any of these places?)
- Visit Rialto Bridge & Rialto markets
July 25: Wednesday:
- Checkout by 9am and leave the baggage at hotel as our train from Venice to Switzerland is at quarter past 3. We will have 3-4 hours on this day before we sit down for a lunch and then head back to hotel to pick our luggage and make way for train station.
- Now I have 3 options for this morning: (i) Visit Accademia but am not sure if we are better off being outside museum on our final day, (ii) Catch a water taxi to visit San Maggiore church and go up its campanile or (iii) Take a walk in San Polo or Castello but not sure how to route the walk or what attractions to cover. Could you help me decide among these options to best spend our final day in Venice.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 2 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 3 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 4 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 5 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 6 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 7 Athens Help
- 8 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 9 Transport for local Venice travel
- 10 London vacation rental agency
- 11 Sim Card
- 12 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 13 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 14 Borghese Gallery Question
- 15 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 16 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 17 SE ITALY
- 18 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 19 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 20 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 21 Sicily help
- 22 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 23 Towns around Lucca
- 24 Cork questions
- 25 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy