My husband and I found a fantastic deal on a flight to Zurich, so we grabbed it for the only time we can get away this fall. It's absurdly brief, but we're feeling really grateful for the chance to explore. We're flying in on the morning of October 13th, with a flight out of Zurich on the morning of the 16th. We know we don't want to stay in Zurich, and we're on a fairly tight budget.
What do you experts recommend for our time in Switzerland? Should we take the train to Lucerne and base there, so we don't spend valuable time on trains? Is it better to rent a car, since we hardly have enough time to make a Swiss pass worth the money? Is there another place in the country that would be an easy trip from Zurich, but would have access to some great sites?
We're both interested in experiencing scenery, food, and culture in the area....not interested in intense hiking in that time, but totally up for some walking!
Thanks for your gracious help and insights,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 2 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 3 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 4 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 5 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 6 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 7 Norway Itinerary
- 8 train or plane
- 9 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 10 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 11 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 12 A Month stay in Southern France
- 13 restaurants in Marais district
- 14 Roughing out a train/car trip from London to Scotland
- 15 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 16 Krakow glass Christmas ornaments
- 17 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 18 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 19 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 20 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 21 Shoes in Scotland
- 22 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 23 Alsace for 5 days and 6 more days- where???
- 24 Road trip from Barcelona to Rome (1st time in Europe)
- 25 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip