My husband and I found a fantastic deal on a flight to Zurich, so we grabbed it for the only time we can get away this fall. It's absurdly brief, but we're feeling really grateful for the chance to explore. We're flying in on the morning of October 13th, with a flight out of Zurich on the morning of the 16th. We know we don't want to stay in Zurich, and we're on a fairly tight budget.
What do you experts recommend for our time in Switzerland? Should we take the train to Lucerne and base there, so we don't spend valuable time on trains? Is it better to rent a car, since we hardly have enough time to make a Swiss pass worth the money? Is there another place in the country that would be an easy trip from Zurich, but would have access to some great sites?
We're both interested in experiencing scenery, food, and culture in the area....not interested in intense hiking in that time, but totally up for some walking!
Thanks for your gracious help and insights,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 2 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 3 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 4 Bordeaux to Nice
- 5 Travel in Europe
- 6 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 7 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 8 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 9 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 10 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 11 Whathello Paris
- 12 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 13 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 14 Athens Help
- 15 Crete Holiday
- 16 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 17 Rome to Venice
- 18 One free day in Barcelona
- 19 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 20 November in Rome
- 21 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 22 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 23 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 24 Trains in Italy
- 25 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa