My husband and I found a fantastic deal on a flight to Zurich, so we grabbed it for the only time we can get away this fall. It's absurdly brief, but we're feeling really grateful for the chance to explore. We're flying in on the morning of October 13th, with a flight out of Zurich on the morning of the 16th. We know we don't want to stay in Zurich, and we're on a fairly tight budget.
What do you experts recommend for our time in Switzerland? Should we take the train to Lucerne and base there, so we don't spend valuable time on trains? Is it better to rent a car, since we hardly have enough time to make a Swiss pass worth the money? Is there another place in the country that would be an easy trip from Zurich, but would have access to some great sites?
We're both interested in experiencing scenery, food, and culture in the area....not interested in intense hiking in that time, but totally up for some walking!
Thanks for your gracious help and insights,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days outside Venice
- 2 Reaching the Lake District
- 3 Moldova and Transnistria
- 4 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Jewish Vienna
- 7 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 8 Andalucia Spain
- 9 seat reservations
- 10 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 11 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 12 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 13 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 14 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 15 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 16 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 17 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 18 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 19 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 20 Italy in a week
- 21 what is this Copenhagen building?
- 22 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 23 Germany-Car or Train
- 24 2 Weeks in France: Rouen, Normandy, Dordogne and the Loire Valley
- 25 SURPRISE TRIP