My husband and I found a fantastic deal on a flight to Zurich, so we grabbed it for the only time we can get away this fall. It's absurdly brief, but we're feeling really grateful for the chance to explore. We're flying in on the morning of October 13th, with a flight out of Zurich on the morning of the 16th. We know we don't want to stay in Zurich, and we're on a fairly tight budget.
What do you experts recommend for our time in Switzerland? Should we take the train to Lucerne and base there, so we don't spend valuable time on trains? Is it better to rent a car, since we hardly have enough time to make a Swiss pass worth the money? Is there another place in the country that would be an easy trip from Zurich, but would have access to some great sites?
We're both interested in experiencing scenery, food, and culture in the area....not interested in intense hiking in that time, but totally up for some walking!
Thanks for your gracious help and insights,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 2 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 3 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 4 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 5 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 6 Uffizi Phone Number
- 7 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 8 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 9 France Itinerary Advice
- 10 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 11 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 12 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 13 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 14 Help ... bus from Cappadocia (Kayseri) to Antalya or Fethiye
- 15 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 16 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 17 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 18 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 19 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 20 Firt time VISA applicant
- 21 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 22 Murren to Prague
- 23 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 24 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 25 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich