So I am a college student who is currently studying in Valencia, Spain for the semester. I'm going to be taking a weekend trip to Rome from Nov. 30th - Dec. 2nd. I'll be landing around 11:00 on the 30th and leaving around 14:30 on the 2nd. I want to make the most of my time in Rome, so if anyone has any suggestions on what to see, what not to see, how to save time anywhere, that would be wonderful. Also if anyone has suggestions for restaurants that are within a college student's budget those would be appreciated too.
Generally the type of things I like to see are:
- cultural monuments
- ancient ruins
- historical museums
- art museums
- anywhere where handmade objects are sold (ie. in Spain I love hand painted fans and handmade ceramics)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel in Vienna
- 2 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 3 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 4 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 5 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 6 Itinerary Tweaking
- 7 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 8 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 9 Amalfi Coast help
- 10 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 11 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 12 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 13 Itinerary Help
- 14 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 15 House Hunting in France
- 16 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 17 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 18 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 19 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 20 If you had to choose one......
- 21 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 22 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 23 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 24 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 25 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?