We and our parents- a group of 4 (a couple in early 30s and a couple in late 60s) - are traveling to Italy and Switzerland and we have 3 full days in Lucerne in the last week of July. We spent 5 days in Wengen a couple of years back and just fell in love with the place so super scenery/greenery and easy hiking (parents won’t be keen to do any steep or long hikes) is our main goals for this trip. We are staying in Hotel Ameron Flora which is walking distance from the train station.
Our tentative itinerary is as follows, its quite preliminary and will appreciate any inputs you may have.
Day 0: Arrive at 11PM after long train trip from Venice – Milan – Olten – Lucerne
• Visit Mt. Rigi (Boat to Weggis-Cablecar to Kaltabd).
• Hike from Kaltabd to Rigi Kulm (via Chanzeli). Is this any easy/medium grade hike?
• Lunch at Rigi Kulm then return to Lucerne. Is it better to return via Vitznau (boat) or Arth Goldau (train) ?
• Finally, my current estimate is that we may be back in Lucerne by 3-4pm as per this plan. Could I add any other easy stroll/hike/sightseeing in Rigi/Weggis/Vitznau to extend our day?
• Visit Mt. Titlis during first half and have lunch at the summit.
• For the second half of the day we intend to do a nice (but easy) hike in Engelberg region. Right know I figured that we could do 1 hr walk around Trubsee There is also a walk from (a) Trubsee to Stand and (b) Jochpass to Engstlensee but not sure if they are easy or not. Any other suggestion for hikes in this region as we would like to spend better part of the day in Engelberg before heading back to Lucerne.
• This is still work in progress : Mt. Pilatus and Stanserhorn are two options but not sure if it’s worth the money to do another mountain excursion. I have also noted that Klwenalp & Seelisburg seems to have some good hikes but unable to plan a day around them. Any suggestions for our 3rd day.
Day 4: We have a 1:40pm flight from Zurich this afternoon so don’t think we could do much apart from sleeping and extra hour (or two !!!) and then take a direct train to Airport.
I am also fully aware of attractions in Lucerne and I hope to cover dying lion, wooden bridge etc. during our dinner time strolls in Lucerne (or if weather is not conducive to venture out).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3nights in Venice
- 2 총판토토 ♣kakao: BL45★텔레그램 : kor7m★
- 3 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 4 Paris in November
- 5 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 6 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 7 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 8 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 9 Munich itinerary review
- 10 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 11 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 12 Football Tickets - Athens
- 13 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 14 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 15 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 16 Last minute trip to Capri
- 17 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 18 Earthquake near Naples
- 19 Budapest to Kosice
- 20 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 21 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 22 My 3 days in Venice
- 23 multi city flights to europe
- 24 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 25 Travel from Kensington, London to Cambridge
3 Days in Lucerne region: Itinerary Review & Recommendations