We've been to Iceland once before but just for one day on IcelandAir's take a break program. That trip we spent exclusively in Rekayvik. Now we're contemplating do the stopover at the beginning of June but for 3 days. This would be at the end of our trip on the way back to the US.
We're outdoorsy, middle-aged, hate tours, adventuresome, cheap, into national parks and hiking etc., do-it-yourselfers as far as travel, and enjoy off-the-beaten path routes when it is a worthwhile destination. We'd even be fine with camping for the 3 days as long as the gear would be provided. We don't want to go to the Blue Lagoon. What would you suggest as far as an interesting itinerary? Thanks much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London with kids
- 2 Southern Spain or Sicily in early to mid March
- 3 Romantic snowy mountain getaway to propose to my girlfriend
- 4 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 5 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 6 Help with ferry schedule Naples to Sorrento please.
- 7 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 8 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 9 Venice to Malpensa: which way to travel?
- 10 Reading Recommendations Spain
- 11 Flight Cost to Athens
- 12 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 13 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 14 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 15 Public Transport information App/Website
- 16 Hotel advice
- 17 Flying from Porto to Barcelona
- 18 First time to Ireland with young kids
- 19 Easter in Tuscany - which town to stay?
- 20 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 21 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 22 Flight to London - Discount Airlines?
- 23 Gengenbach or Schiltach
- 24 Vet my itinerary
- 25 Sienna with kids