We've been to Iceland once before but just for one day on IcelandAir's take a break program. That trip we spent exclusively in Rekayvik. Now we're contemplating do the stopover at the beginning of June but for 3 days. This would be at the end of our trip on the way back to the US.
We're outdoorsy, middle-aged, hate tours, adventuresome, cheap, into national parks and hiking etc., do-it-yourselfers as far as travel, and enjoy off-the-beaten path routes when it is a worthwhile destination. We'd even be fine with camping for the 3 days as long as the gear would be provided. We don't want to go to the Blue Lagoon. What would you suggest as far as an interesting itinerary? Thanks much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report - Sicily in 30 days 2016
- 2 Parc Clichy-Batignolles - Martin Luther King, Tours?
- 3 Halal butchery in Puerto de La Cruz ?
- 4 GPS vs Google Maps
- 5 2 London theatre recommendations
- 6 Paris: Best (or Worst) Apartment Rental Companies
- 7 Thiva?
- 8 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 9 Advice for Florence & Rome with Baby
- 10 Itinerary advice for 9 days in London for female solo traveller
- 11 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 12 Rome, Florence, Venice, How many nights in each city?
- 13 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 14 Brussels Airport
- 15 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 16 planning confusion
- 17 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 18 What clothes?
- 19 Classical Performance St Petersburg and Moscow in August
- 20 Germany with my Girlfriend
- 21 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 22 Train Question
- 23 It claims to be prepared to be prepared
- 24 10 nights in France
- 25 #!1-800.841,6436&())_)