We've been to Iceland once before but just for one day on IcelandAir's take a break program. That trip we spent exclusively in Rekayvik. Now we're contemplating do the stopover at the beginning of June but for 3 days. This would be at the end of our trip on the way back to the US.
We're outdoorsy, middle-aged, hate tours, adventuresome, cheap, into national parks and hiking etc., do-it-yourselfers as far as travel, and enjoy off-the-beaten path routes when it is a worthwhile destination. We'd even be fine with camping for the 3 days as long as the gear would be provided. We don't want to go to the Blue Lagoon. What would you suggest as far as an interesting itinerary? Thanks much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 2 Travel vs. Babies
- 3 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 4 20 Days in Europe
- 5 Budapest Hotels
- 6 Amalfi Coast to Barcelona
- 7 Eastern Provence, French Alps, Nice
- 8 Need suggestions for musical Events in Rome
- 9 B&Bs in Pisa, Parma & Bologna, Hotel in Milan
- 10 10 days in Ireland! Ready? Shoot.
- 11 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 12 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 13 Safe to bring jewelry onboard
- 14 Two more earthquakes strike central Italy
- 15 Tips on driving in France
- 16 CDG much improved
- 17 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 18 Sicily Tour Service
- 19 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 20 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 21 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 22 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 23 First trip to Italy
- 24 Trip Report on A Perfect Three Days in S. Corsica
- 25 Le Marche Research Help