We've been to Iceland once before but just for one day on IcelandAir's take a break program. That trip we spent exclusively in Rekayvik. Now we're contemplating do the stopover at the beginning of June but for 3 days. This would be at the end of our trip on the way back to the US.
We're outdoorsy, middle-aged, hate tours, adventuresome, cheap, into national parks and hiking etc., do-it-yourselfers as far as travel, and enjoy off-the-beaten path routes when it is a worthwhile destination. We'd even be fine with camping for the 3 days as long as the gear would be provided. We don't want to go to the Blue Lagoon. What would you suggest as far as an interesting itinerary? Thanks much.
3 days in Iceland--no Rekayvik included
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stockholm - airport to city during a layover?
- 2 Hey Fodor's
- 3 Madrid: Must Try Local Food & Drink
- 4 Romania driving itinerary help needed
- 5 Montmartre or St.Denis
- 6 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 7 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 8 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 9 Base in Puglia: Ostuni or Locorotondo
- 10 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 11 Olive Oil
- 12 What to do on drive from Garmisch to Munich for a full day
- 13 Question about Madrid to Toledo
- 14 Please help with our Portugal itinerary.
- 15 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 16 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 17 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 18 Venice cruise terminal to San Marcos, and San Marcos to airport?
- 19 England, Scotland , Belguim
- 20 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 21 Gift for French business associate
- 22 Dresden- tea towel
- 23 Greece in November - How's my Itinerary?
- 24 iDTGV Sales Open for Travel December 14 to March 29
- 25 Ideal first time trip to Germany-8-10 days --suggestions