We've been to Iceland once before but just for one day on IcelandAir's take a break program. That trip we spent exclusively in Rekayvik. Now we're contemplating do the stopover at the beginning of June but for 3 days. This would be at the end of our trip on the way back to the US.
We're outdoorsy, middle-aged, hate tours, adventuresome, cheap, into national parks and hiking etc., do-it-yourselfers as far as travel, and enjoy off-the-beaten path routes when it is a worthwhile destination. We'd even be fine with camping for the 3 days as long as the gear would be provided. We don't want to go to the Blue Lagoon. What would you suggest as far as an interesting itinerary? Thanks much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 2 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 3 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 4 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 5 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 6 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 7 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 8 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 9 French immersion courses in France
- 10 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 11 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 12 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 13 Italy in a week
- 14 France: Perigord - Interesting Article
- 15 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 16 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 17 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 18 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 19 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 20 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 21 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 22 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 23 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 24 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 25 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales