We've been to Iceland once before but just for one day on IcelandAir's take a break program. That trip we spent exclusively in Rekayvik. Now we're contemplating do the stopover at the beginning of June but for 3 days. This would be at the end of our trip on the way back to the US.
We're outdoorsy, middle-aged, hate tours, adventuresome, cheap, into national parks and hiking etc., do-it-yourselfers as far as travel, and enjoy off-the-beaten path routes when it is a worthwhile destination. We'd even be fine with camping for the 3 days as long as the gear would be provided. We don't want to go to the Blue Lagoon. What would you suggest as far as an interesting itinerary? Thanks much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Month stay in Southern France
- 2 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 Places of interest
- 5 getting to CDG
- 6 Croatia transportation question.
- 7 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 8 Ireland hotel questions
- 9 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 10 vienna
- 11 Questions about Polish sights
- 12 Croatia Ferry Help
- 13 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 14 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 15 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 16 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 17 Ireland travel passport question
- 18 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 19 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 20 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 21 Switzerland in November?
- 22 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 23 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 24 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 25 Please help with 12 days in England!