We've been to Iceland once before but just for one day on IcelandAir's take a break program. That trip we spent exclusively in Rekayvik. Now we're contemplating do the stopover at the beginning of June but for 3 days. This would be at the end of our trip on the way back to the US.
We're outdoorsy, middle-aged, hate tours, adventuresome, cheap, into national parks and hiking etc., do-it-yourselfers as far as travel, and enjoy off-the-beaten path routes when it is a worthwhile destination. We'd even be fine with camping for the 3 days as long as the gear would be provided. We don't want to go to the Blue Lagoon. What would you suggest as far as an interesting itinerary? Thanks much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 2 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 3 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 4 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 5 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 6 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 7 Praiano
- 8 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 9 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 10 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 11 Travelling through Europe by RV in May 2017
- 12 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 13 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 14 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 15 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 16 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 17 A hole in the wall in St Germain. Paris
- 18 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 19 Oporto
- 20 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 21 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 22 Italy bus or train
- 23 Italy - to return home from Naples or Rome?
- 24 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 25 Porto and vicinity