We've been to Iceland once before but just for one day on IcelandAir's take a break program. That trip we spent exclusively in Rekayvik. Now we're contemplating do the stopover at the beginning of June but for 3 days. This would be at the end of our trip on the way back to the US.
We're outdoorsy, middle-aged, hate tours, adventuresome, cheap, into national parks and hiking etc., do-it-yourselfers as far as travel, and enjoy off-the-beaten path routes when it is a worthwhile destination. We'd even be fine with camping for the 3 days as long as the gear would be provided. We don't want to go to the Blue Lagoon. What would you suggest as far as an interesting itinerary? Thanks much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 2 15 days trip to Europe
- 3 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 4 Ravenna Mosaics
- 5 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 6 Cinque Terre trail closures?
- 7 Amsterdam, Germany
- 8 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 9 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 10 Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest
- 11 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 12 European Travel in March
- 13 Scotland Highlands Help
- 14 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 15 Changing planes in Frankfurt
- 16 Our time in Rome
- 17 What do you trust more: Booking or Tripadvisor?
- 18 Berlin, germany
- 19 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 20 Itinerary Critique, please?
- 21 What to shop for in Floeence, Chianti, Montalcino and CT
- 22 Greece Itinerary
- 23 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 24 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 25 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?