We've been to Iceland once before but just for one day on IcelandAir's take a break program. That trip we spent exclusively in Rekayvik. Now we're contemplating do the stopover at the beginning of June but for 3 days. This would be at the end of our trip on the way back to the US.
We're outdoorsy, middle-aged, hate tours, adventuresome, cheap, into national parks and hiking etc., do-it-yourselfers as far as travel, and enjoy off-the-beaten path routes when it is a worthwhile destination. We'd even be fine with camping for the 3 days as long as the gear would be provided. We don't want to go to the Blue Lagoon. What would you suggest as far as an interesting itinerary? Thanks much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 2 Driving from Rome to Florence?
- 3 5 Days in Corsica
- 4 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 5 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 6 Advice for Ireland Trip (6 days)
- 7 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 8 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 9 3 weeks in France, solo and without a car: please advise!
- 10 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 11 Beaches in Southern France
- 12 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 13 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 14 Marseille or Cassis for Day in Port?
- 15 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 16 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 17 italy itinerary
- 18 Positano - Sorrento Travel Questions
- 19 Wearing The Hijab in Slovenia???
- 20 Itinerary Help B&Bs
- 21 3 days to spend in europe
- 22 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 23 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 24 Do some cities lose their appeal after a repeat visit?
- 25 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017