I am looking for a charming destination in Europe (easy travel from Barcelona via rail / low-cost flights) to spend 3 days. This is after my 2 weeks Spain trip would be ending in Barcelona in end August.
As I would have Schengen visa, I can travel to any part of the countries covered under the same for 3 days.
I know it sounds open-ended, but some things that could help zero in suggestions are:
1. I am a teetotaller vegetarian Indian girl in late 20's and would be traveling solo for these 3 days (as against in a group of friends during the Spain trip).
2. I am bored of beaches.
3. I love mountains & scenic landscapes.
4. I appreciate local culture & history.
5. Quaint villages, cobbled paths, eating in small family eateries and taking long walks along the streets in villages atop hills is my thing.
6. I don't, however, mind going to big city centers (but not business hubs) and exploring the art, culture, architecture & food there.
Any suggestions would be welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 2 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 3 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 4 Guide in Russia
- 5 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 6 Switzerland
- 7 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 8 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 9 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 10 Visiting Zurich
- 11 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 12 Zadar or Sibenik
- 13 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 14 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 15 Sicily: la foresteria planeta estate or Villa Sicilia Baglio
- 16 Rent a Car?
- 17 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 18 Whistle stop family road trip
- 19 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 20 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 21 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 22 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 23 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 24 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 25 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
3 days in Europe (after completing Spain trip) - where to go from Barcelona?