I am looking for a charming destination in Europe (easy travel from Barcelona via rail / low-cost flights) to spend 3 days. This is after my 2 weeks Spain trip would be ending in Barcelona in end August.
As I would have Schengen visa, I can travel to any part of the countries covered under the same for 3 days.
I know it sounds open-ended, but some things that could help zero in suggestions are:
1. I am a teetotaller vegetarian Indian girl in late 20's and would be traveling solo for these 3 days (as against in a group of friends during the Spain trip).
2. I am bored of beaches.
3. I love mountains & scenic landscapes.
4. I appreciate local culture & history.
5. Quaint villages, cobbled paths, eating in small family eateries and taking long walks along the streets in villages atop hills is my thing.
6. I don't, however, mind going to big city centers (but not business hubs) and exploring the art, culture, architecture & food there.
Any suggestions would be welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 2 Scotland itinerary help
- 3 Fodors's Slow to Load Lately?
- 4 AMBOISE BALLOON RIDE !! out of this world
- 5 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 6 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 7 Scotland
- 8 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 9 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 10 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 11 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 12 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 13 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 14 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 15 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 16 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 17 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 18 Edinbrugh
- 19 Bus from Potsdam to Dresden
- 20 Swimming to Paris
- 21 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 22 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 23 Istria in two days
- 24 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 25 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
3 days in Europe (after completing Spain trip) - where to go from Barcelona?