I am looking for a charming destination in Europe (easy travel from Barcelona via rail / low-cost flights) to spend 3 days. This is after my 2 weeks Spain trip would be ending in Barcelona in end August.
As I would have Schengen visa, I can travel to any part of the countries covered under the same for 3 days.
I know it sounds open-ended, but some things that could help zero in suggestions are:
1. I am a teetotaller vegetarian Indian girl in late 20's and would be traveling solo for these 3 days (as against in a group of friends during the Spain trip).
2. I am bored of beaches.
3. I love mountains & scenic landscapes.
4. I appreciate local culture & history.
5. Quaint villages, cobbled paths, eating in small family eateries and taking long walks along the streets in villages atop hills is my thing.
6. I don't, however, mind going to big city centers (but not business hubs) and exploring the art, culture, architecture & food there.
Any suggestions would be welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 2 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 3 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 4 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 5 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 6 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 7 Which Train Station in Venice
- 8 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 9 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 10 Uber vs. TfL
- 11 What fresh hell is this?
- 12 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 13 Greek Village
- 14 Berlin
- 15 Bordeaux to Nice
- 16 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 17 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 18 SE ITALY
- 19 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 20 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 21 One free day in Barcelona
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 24 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
3 days in Europe (after completing Spain trip) - where to go from Barcelona?