Wife and I are going to Switzerland for the first time ever this coming October and we haven't managed to tackle a few nagging questions.
- Is Engelberg good for staying around 3 full days?
We want to go up Titlis, and try their ice cave and the bridge.
We also want to try our hand at skiing for the first time ever with one of the ski schools up there.
-Must we pay for the rotating cablecar again if we wish to go skiing on an alternate date or is there another way up?
- Must we take the chair-lift, from the top of the rotating cable car in order to be able to get to the ski schools and pistes?
-Is hiking good this time of year?
- Are there places to just sit and take in the view and have a relaxing day off?
-Would you recommend maybe a 4th day in Engelberg and suggest any other activities?
After that we are planning on spending 2 days in Lucerne. We wish to visit the old town, take the ferry around the lake, visit the dying lion sculpture and visit the transport museum.
-Is there anything else in particular you would recommend we do?
-Would you recommend a longer stay in Lucerne as opposed to Engelberg?
Thank you so much for your help, my apologies for the many questions but weeks of planning have not managed to clear these up for us!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 2 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 3 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 4 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 5 Kroller-Muller Museum
- 6 Les Invalides Night Show
- 7 limousine services - milan - rome
- 8 Shorts in South of France?
- 9 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 10 Taxi from Linate to lecco
- 11 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 12 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 13 Camogli and surrounds
- 14 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 15 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 16 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 17 2 days in Florence
- 18 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 20 Tinos , Naxos and other islands
- 21 Tinos , Naxos and other islands
- 22 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 23 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 24 Shuttle service from Munich to Prague
- 25 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto