Wife and I are going to Switzerland for the first time ever this coming October and we haven't managed to tackle a few nagging questions.
- Is Engelberg good for staying around 3 full days?
We want to go up Titlis, and try their ice cave and the bridge.
We also want to try our hand at skiing for the first time ever with one of the ski schools up there.
-Must we pay for the rotating cablecar again if we wish to go skiing on an alternate date or is there another way up?
- Must we take the chair-lift, from the top of the rotating cable car in order to be able to get to the ski schools and pistes?
-Is hiking good this time of year?
- Are there places to just sit and take in the view and have a relaxing day off?
-Would you recommend maybe a 4th day in Engelberg and suggest any other activities?
After that we are planning on spending 2 days in Lucerne. We wish to visit the old town, take the ferry around the lake, visit the dying lion sculpture and visit the transport museum.
-Is there anything else in particular you would recommend we do?
-Would you recommend a longer stay in Lucerne as opposed to Engelberg?
Thank you so much for your help, my apologies for the many questions but weeks of planning have not managed to clear these up for us!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 3 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 4 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 5 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 6 Germany train help!
- 7 Spain in July
- 8 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 9 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 10 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 11 Meteora for older folk
- 12 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 13 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 14 Train help for Prague
- 15 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 16 Athens
- 17 We're here!
- 18 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 19 Petrol in Greece
- 20 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 21 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 22 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 23 Budapest & Prague
- 24 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 25 Traveling Greece without reservations