Wife and I are going to Switzerland for the first time ever this coming October and we haven't managed to tackle a few nagging questions.
- Is Engelberg good for staying around 3 full days?
We want to go up Titlis, and try their ice cave and the bridge.
We also want to try our hand at skiing for the first time ever with one of the ski schools up there.
-Must we pay for the rotating cablecar again if we wish to go skiing on an alternate date or is there another way up?
- Must we take the chair-lift, from the top of the rotating cable car in order to be able to get to the ski schools and pistes?
-Is hiking good this time of year?
- Are there places to just sit and take in the view and have a relaxing day off?
-Would you recommend maybe a 4th day in Engelberg and suggest any other activities?
After that we are planning on spending 2 days in Lucerne. We wish to visit the old town, take the ferry around the lake, visit the dying lion sculpture and visit the transport museum.
-Is there anything else in particular you would recommend we do?
-Would you recommend a longer stay in Lucerne as opposed to Engelberg?
Thank you so much for your help, my apologies for the many questions but weeks of planning have not managed to clear these up for us!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 2 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 3 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 6 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 7 Northern Ireland ideas
- 8 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 9 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 10 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 11 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 12 Long weekend in Albania
- 13 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 14 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 15 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 16 scotland itinerary
- 17 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 18 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 19 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 20 Hotel in Florence
- 21 Travel between Civitavecchia and Rome
- 22 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 23 Missing Toronto Woman May Be in France
- 24 Malta - how to do it?
- 25 Using CPAP machine in France