I'm planning a surprise trip for my wife to celebrate our 3rd anniversary and her b-day, and wanted to get some tips/recos on what to do:
So far we will arrive next Friday night to Dijon and are renting a car for 3 days; will be staying in a hotel approx. 20 min south of Beaune (in Verdun sur le Doubs) ...
A draft of the plan would be:
Saturday: going to Beaune and spend the whole day there, visit a wine cellar in the afternoon, I red in another post that "Marche aux Vins" was the way to go...
Sunday: Is there any "hiking" where we can visit wineries / cellars? any reco? will they be open on Sunday?
Monday: We take the train back to Paris @7pm; thought about spending some time in Dijon...
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Summer Travel order
- 2 LIsbon
- 3 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 4 International Flight Question
- 5 Luggage Storage
- 6 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 7 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 8 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 9 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 10 Brugge hotel help
- 11 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 12 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 13 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 14 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 15 Another tipping question: concierges
- 16 Trip suggestion
- 17 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 18 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 19 Back from Paris
- 20 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 21 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 22 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 23 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 24 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 25 NOT our first trip to Ireland