I need some guidance. I am planning a surprise 3 day break for my family to Barcelona. I have read the recent posts on accommodation - thats very helpful. However the question is should we stay central and move out on foot or stay a little farther and then catch the local transport assuming the costs will be cheaper on outskirts.
We will get there on Thursday am (9th April) to be back in Birmingham by Saturday nightfall.
We love sightseeing, especially historical and typically local -ie not malls and shopping precincts but definitely quaint streets..no back alleys tho !! My son does Art so we will surely want to see Anton Gaudi creations. Would like to tour a museum if possible too. Suggestions for evening life / sightseeing are welcome.
We are quite happy to travel on public transport and Hop On Hop Off seems a great option.
Would you please help suggest some relaxed pace itinerary which covers optimally. I am not for covering everything in one go. There will always be a second time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 2 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 3 Madrid food advice needed
- 4 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 5 Which area to stay in London
- 6 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 7 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 8 Algarve - is it for me?
- 9 Amsterdam Anne Frank House
- 10 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 11 Itinery help Crete
- 12 Naples + Walking Tour
- 13 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 14 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 15 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 16 TIM in FCO - update
- 17 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 18 16 days in France and Italy
- 19 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 20 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 21 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 22 Swiss Train Travel Help
- 23 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 24 Iceland trip report!
- 25 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip