I need some guidance. I am planning a surprise 3 day break for my family to Barcelona. I have read the recent posts on accommodation - thats very helpful. However the question is should we stay central and move out on foot or stay a little farther and then catch the local transport assuming the costs will be cheaper on outskirts.
We will get there on Thursday am (9th April) to be back in Birmingham by Saturday nightfall.
We love sightseeing, especially historical and typically local -ie not malls and shopping precincts but definitely quaint streets..no back alleys tho !! My son does Art so we will surely want to see Anton Gaudi creations. Would like to tour a museum if possible too. Suggestions for evening life / sightseeing are welcome.
We are quite happy to travel on public transport and Hop On Hop Off seems a great option.
Would you please help suggest some relaxed pace itinerary which covers optimally. I am not for covering everything in one go. There will always be a second time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia Spain
- 2 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 4 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 5 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 6 Vigo Spain????
- 7 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 8 Paris in August
- 9 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 10 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 11 Visiting Zurich
- 12 Help with Spain Itinerary
- 13 Spain, Portugal trip planning
- 14 Christmas in Spain
- 15 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 16 Train travel to and from Paris
- 17 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 18 Zadar or Sibenik
- 19 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 20 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 21 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 22 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 23 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 24 Driving in Italy
- 25 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning