I need some guidance. I am planning a surprise 3 day break for my family to Barcelona. I have read the recent posts on accommodation - thats very helpful. However the question is should we stay central and move out on foot or stay a little farther and then catch the local transport assuming the costs will be cheaper on outskirts.
We will get there on Thursday am (9th April) to be back in Birmingham by Saturday nightfall.
We love sightseeing, especially historical and typically local -ie not malls and shopping precincts but definitely quaint streets..no back alleys tho !! My son does Art so we will surely want to see Anton Gaudi creations. Would like to tour a museum if possible too. Suggestions for evening life / sightseeing are welcome.
We are quite happy to travel on public transport and Hop On Hop Off seems a great option.
Would you please help suggest some relaxed pace itinerary which covers optimally. I am not for covering everything in one go. There will always be a second time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a European Trip
- 2 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 3 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 4 Lisbon trip report
- 5 restaurants in Marais district
- 6 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 7 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 8 Any Lisbon or Porto trip reports?
- 9 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 10 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 11 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 12 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 13 Ireland travel passport question
- 14 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 15 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 16 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 17 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 18 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 19 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 20 Norway Itinerary
- 21 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 22 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 23 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 24 Hotels in Kamari or Perissa/Perivolos Beaches - Santorini
- 25 Springtime Adventure in Europe