I need some guidance. I am planning a surprise 3 day break for my family to Barcelona. I have read the recent posts on accommodation - thats very helpful. However the question is should we stay central and move out on foot or stay a little farther and then catch the local transport assuming the costs will be cheaper on outskirts.
We will get there on Thursday am (9th April) to be back in Birmingham by Saturday nightfall.
We love sightseeing, especially historical and typically local -ie not malls and shopping precincts but definitely quaint streets..no back alleys tho !! My son does Art so we will surely want to see Anton Gaudi creations. Would like to tour a museum if possible too. Suggestions for evening life / sightseeing are welcome.
We are quite happy to travel on public transport and Hop On Hop Off seems a great option.
Would you please help suggest some relaxed pace itinerary which covers optimally. I am not for covering everything in one go. There will always be a second time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 3 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 4 Shannon Airport - Mobile Data Card
- 5 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 6 B&B in Ireland
- 7 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 8 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 9 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 10 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 11 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 12 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 13 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 14 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 15 Alitala
- 16 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 17 Iceland photo tour- any tips?
- 18 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 19 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 20 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 21 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 22 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 23 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 24 Europe First Timers
- 25 Photography gear for Rome and Venice