We will be staying in Annecy for three nights (Sept 18-20) before leaving for home from Geneva airport. I prepared an itinerary and would like you guys to give me any advice or recommendations. I want to note that we will not be spending time in museums or inside the castles. This trip will be mostly walking around the towns, seeing some top attractions, taking pics, driving around and stopping for nice views, etc. With limited time we want to see as many places as possible. But, if you think if something is not worth to drive please do let me know. We are in our early 30s and fit and have go-go pace rather than sitting and taking it all in (we wish we had the time for that). Oh, and we love eating!
Day 1: Annecy, Menthon Saint-Bernard chateau, Tallories and drive up to Le Col de la Forclaz. Gorges du Fier, Aix les Bains, and Chambery. Drive back to Annecy.
Day 2: Megeve, Saint-Gervais-les-Bains and Chamonix. Drive back to Annecy.
Day 3: Evian-les-Bain, Yvoire, and Geneva. Stay in Geneva.
Another note is that we might visit Aix les Bains and Chambery on our way to Annecy from Nice, therefore we have more time in day 1 for other activities.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Self drive tour companies
- 2 info Faro & Algarve
- 3 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 4 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 5 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 6 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 7 May get together in Paris
- 8 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 9 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 10 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 11 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 12 Italian lakes
- 13 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 14 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 15 Spain and South of France
- 16 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 17 renting car with automatic transmission
- 18 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 19 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 20 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 21 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 22 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 23 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 24 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 25 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit