We will be staying in Annecy for three nights (Sept 18-20) before leaving for home from Geneva airport. I prepared an itinerary and would like you guys to give me any advice or recommendations. I want to note that we will not be spending time in museums or inside the castles. This trip will be mostly walking around the towns, seeing some top attractions, taking pics, driving around and stopping for nice views, etc. With limited time we want to see as many places as possible. But, if you think if something is not worth to drive please do let me know. We are in our early 30s and fit and have go-go pace rather than sitting and taking it all in (we wish we had the time for that). Oh, and we love eating!
Day 1: Annecy, Menthon Saint-Bernard chateau, Tallories and drive up to Le Col de la Forclaz. Gorges du Fier, Aix les Bains, and Chambery. Drive back to Annecy.
Day 2: Megeve, Saint-Gervais-les-Bains and Chamonix. Drive back to Annecy.
Day 3: Evian-les-Bain, Yvoire, and Geneva. Stay in Geneva.
Another note is that we might visit Aix les Bains and Chambery on our way to Annecy from Nice, therefore we have more time in day 1 for other activities.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 2 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 3 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 4 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 5 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 6 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 7 Italy Car Scam
- 8 Barcelona alternative
- 9 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 10 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 11 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 12 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 13 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 14 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 15 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 16 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 17 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 18 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 19 Road trip with our dog
- 20 Can parking
- 21 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 22 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 23 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 24 Douro Valley in January?
- 25 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini