Travelling from Paris to Switzerland in Sep 2015 by Train. We are going to base ourselves either in Lauterbunne valley or Murren for 4 nights. We have 3 days and would like to experience some of the most wonderful sceneries in Switzerland.
Day 1: Depends on the weather, we might explore around Murren - Lauterbunne Valley. We are not big on long hikes as we do not have the gears for proper hiking. Any suggestions for ways to explore the area without too much hiking/walking? ( Bus/train/cable car)
Is 1 day long enough (We want to see waterfalls in the Valley as well)
Day2: Either cruise on Lake Thun and see Castillo Oberhofen or Lake Brienz and see ballensberg ( Which one is better?)
Day3: We would like to see more scenery perhaps up the mountain or either areas? (Any suggestions?)
Day4: Train to Munich
Also, is it worth it to buy a Swiss pass saver or half fare card? or would it be better to buy a Swiss and Germany rail pass since we are going to spend 3 days in Munich as well.
Thank you so much for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain, Portugal trip planning
- 2 Zadar or Sibenik
- 3 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 4 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Train travel to and from Paris
- 7 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 8 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 9 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 10 Driving in Italy
- 11 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning
- 12 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 13 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 14 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 15 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 16 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 17 Use of Train Tickets
- 18 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 19 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 20 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 21 First Trip to Paris
- 22 Andalucia Spain
- 23 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 24 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 25 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise