Travelling from Paris to Switzerland in Sep 2015 by Train. We are going to base ourselves either in Lauterbunne valley or Murren for 4 nights. We have 3 days and would like to experience some of the most wonderful sceneries in Switzerland.
Day 1: Depends on the weather, we might explore around Murren - Lauterbunne Valley. We are not big on long hikes as we do not have the gears for proper hiking. Any suggestions for ways to explore the area without too much hiking/walking? ( Bus/train/cable car)
Is 1 day long enough (We want to see waterfalls in the Valley as well)
Day2: Either cruise on Lake Thun and see Castillo Oberhofen or Lake Brienz and see ballensberg ( Which one is better?)
Day3: We would like to see more scenery perhaps up the mountain or either areas? (Any suggestions?)
Day4: Train to Munich
Also, is it worth it to buy a Swiss pass saver or half fare card? or would it be better to buy a Swiss and Germany rail pass since we are going to spend 3 days in Munich as well.
Thank you so much for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 3 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 4 Shannon Airport - Mobile Data Card
- 5 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 6 B&B in Ireland
- 7 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 8 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 9 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 10 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 11 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 12 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 13 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 14 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 15 Alitala
- 16 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 17 Iceland photo tour- any tips?
- 18 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 19 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 20 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 21 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 22 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 23 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 24 Europe First Timers
- 25 Photography gear for Rome and Venice