Travelling from Paris to Switzerland in Sep 2015 by Train. We are going to base ourselves either in Lauterbunne valley or Murren for 4 nights. We have 3 days and would like to experience some of the most wonderful sceneries in Switzerland.
Day 1: Depends on the weather, we might explore around Murren - Lauterbunne Valley. We are not big on long hikes as we do not have the gears for proper hiking. Any suggestions for ways to explore the area without too much hiking/walking? ( Bus/train/cable car)
Is 1 day long enough (We want to see waterfalls in the Valley as well)
Day2: Either cruise on Lake Thun and see Castillo Oberhofen or Lake Brienz and see ballensberg ( Which one is better?)
Day3: We would like to see more scenery perhaps up the mountain or either areas? (Any suggestions?)
Day4: Train to Munich
Also, is it worth it to buy a Swiss pass saver or half fare card? or would it be better to buy a Swiss and Germany rail pass since we are going to spend 3 days in Munich as well.
Thank you so much for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 2 Amsterdam hotels
- 3 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 4 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 5 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 6 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 7 Europe itinerary questions
- 8 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 9 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 10 Brugge hotel help
- 11 Old European currency
- 12 Denmark or Sweden?
- 13 Five night Ireland Trip
- 14 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 15 Paris hotels
- 16 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 17 London Hotels
- 18 10 days in Paris and......
- 19 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 20 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 21 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 22 1 month in Europe
- 23 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 24 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 25 Intercity Notte training boarding time