There are just so many amazing places to visit in the Tuscan countryside that I am having an absolutely difficult time with an itinerary.
Any suggestions/tips/insights from fellow travelers are welcome!
Background: My fiance and I (late 30s) are renting a car on our last day in Rome and would like to spend 3+ days exploring the Tuscan countryside on our way to Florence. We will be traveling around November 30 I prefer one central lodging location as a base for the 3 days but am open to suggestions.
Likes: Wine, wine and more wine, food, food and more food, scenic vistas, atmosphere
With that out of the way ... Here are some of the cities that interest me but clearly there are too many on my list for such a short trip.
Any help narrowing it down would be so appreciated and, of course, any specific driving itineraries involving wine and/or food tastings would be even better.
In no particular order:
Orvieto (this would be a stop outside of Rome on our way to Tuscany)
I had originally thought about staying in the Montalcino area but thought that Siena may be more central. Any thoughts?
Any two cities that are similar? Have I missed and musts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 2 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 3 My 7 day Provence itinerary... workable?
- 4 Positano - Sorrento Travel Questions
- 5 Beaches in Southern France
- 6 Where in Paris?
- 7 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 8 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?
- 9 4 days in London worth the jetlag?
- 10 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 11 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 12 Guides - Matera
- 13 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 14 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 15 Spain Itinerary Help
- 16 First time in London...hotel for mother/daughter trip?
- 17 Roundabout from "European Vacation" movie?
- 18 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 19 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 20 Swinoujscie Ferry Arrival
- 21 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 22 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 23 Stores that sell Knorr products in Munich?
- 24 Wine tasting in Santorini
- 25 cell phone companys
3-Day Tuscan Countryside: Itinerary ideas, suggestions ...