There are just so many amazing places to visit in the Tuscan countryside that I am having an absolutely difficult time with an itinerary.
Any suggestions/tips/insights from fellow travelers are welcome!
Background: My fiance and I (late 30s) are renting a car on our last day in Rome and would like to spend 3+ days exploring the Tuscan countryside on our way to Florence. We will be traveling around November 30 I prefer one central lodging location as a base for the 3 days but am open to suggestions.
Likes: Wine, wine and more wine, food, food and more food, scenic vistas, atmosphere
With that out of the way ... Here are some of the cities that interest me but clearly there are too many on my list for such a short trip.
Any help narrowing it down would be so appreciated and, of course, any specific driving itineraries involving wine and/or food tastings would be even better.
In no particular order:
Orvieto (this would be a stop outside of Rome on our way to Tuscany)
I had originally thought about staying in the Montalcino area but thought that Siena may be more central. Any thoughts?
Any two cities that are similar? Have I missed and musts!
3-Day Tuscan Countryside: Itinerary ideas, suggestions ...
- 1 Train from Naples to Sorrento
- 2 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 3 Has anyone rented an apartment in Venice for 2-4 weeks?
- 4 Last monte Paris apartment
- 5 Burano - best day of week to visit
- 6 Lake Como & Venice - must sees, dos and eats??
- 7 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 8 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 9 Anyone heard of or used a hotel booking site called Olotels?
- 10 San Lorenzo Market
- 11 Christmas in the Netherlands: David Sadaris reads "6 to 8 Black Men"
- 12 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare With Paragraph Breaks
- 13 To Madrid/Barcelona on Sunday! 8 Qs to help make the trip amazing
- 14 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy
- 15 Trip in June to andulusia and algrave portugal
- 16 Cuenca or Toledo
- 17 Nice
- 18 car rental agency near train station in Firenze
- 19 Parking in Florence, Italy
- 20 Norway experts needed.
- 21 Moonliner bus question - can someone help please?
- 22 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 23 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 24 jungfraujoch mid june
- 25 Amalfi Coast and Transportation Help Needed