There are just so many amazing places to visit in the Tuscan countryside that I am having an absolutely difficult time with an itinerary.
Any suggestions/tips/insights from fellow travelers are welcome!
Background: My fiance and I (late 30s) are renting a car on our last day in Rome and would like to spend 3+ days exploring the Tuscan countryside on our way to Florence. We will be traveling around November 30 I prefer one central lodging location as a base for the 3 days but am open to suggestions.
Likes: Wine, wine and more wine, food, food and more food, scenic vistas, atmosphere
With that out of the way ... Here are some of the cities that interest me but clearly there are too many on my list for such a short trip.
Any help narrowing it down would be so appreciated and, of course, any specific driving itineraries involving wine and/or food tastings would be even better.
In no particular order:
Orvieto (this would be a stop outside of Rome on our way to Tuscany)
I had originally thought about staying in the Montalcino area but thought that Siena may be more central. Any thoughts?
Any two cities that are similar? Have I missed and musts!
3-Day Tuscan Countryside: Itinerary ideas, suggestions ...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need advice please. First time visiting France next year
- 2 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 3 ITALO trains need help
- 4 Help with France itinerary
- 5 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 6 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 7 Cornwall or Paris?
- 8 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 9 plug adapters ITALY
- 10 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 11 German Rail Twin Pass
- 12 How much luggage?????
- 13 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 14 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 15 Naples to Paris to Barcelona in November
- 16 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 17 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 18 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 19 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 20 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 21 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 22 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 23 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 24 Over 40,000 Photos Used To Create A Time-Lapse Video Of Paris
- 25 Paris in black and white