There are just so many amazing places to visit in the Tuscan countryside that I am having an absolutely difficult time with an itinerary.
Any suggestions/tips/insights from fellow travelers are welcome!
Background: My fiance and I (late 30s) are renting a car on our last day in Rome and would like to spend 3+ days exploring the Tuscan countryside on our way to Florence. We will be traveling around November 30 I prefer one central lodging location as a base for the 3 days but am open to suggestions.
Likes: Wine, wine and more wine, food, food and more food, scenic vistas, atmosphere
With that out of the way ... Here are some of the cities that interest me but clearly there are too many on my list for such a short trip.
Any help narrowing it down would be so appreciated and, of course, any specific driving itineraries involving wine and/or food tastings would be even better.
In no particular order:
Orvieto (this would be a stop outside of Rome on our way to Tuscany)
I had originally thought about staying in the Montalcino area but thought that Siena may be more central. Any thoughts?
Any two cities that are similar? Have I missed and musts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 2 Show your intense love by sending awesome gifts on this Mother’s Day
- 3 Need help in completing trip details
- 4 Avoid Europcar!
- 5 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 6 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 7 Which area to stay in London
- 8 Scotland - We're Here!
- 9 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 10 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 11 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 12 Madrid food advice needed
- 13 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 14 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 15 Split to Hvar
- 16 Paris for children
- 17 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 18 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 19 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 20 Algarve - is it for me?
- 21 Amsterdam Anne Frank House
- 22 Itinery help Crete
- 23 Naples + Walking Tour
- 24 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 25 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
3-Day Tuscan Countryside: Itinerary ideas, suggestions ...