There are just so many amazing places to visit in the Tuscan countryside that I am having an absolutely difficult time with an itinerary.
Any suggestions/tips/insights from fellow travelers are welcome!
Background: My fiance and I (late 30s) are renting a car on our last day in Rome and would like to spend 3+ days exploring the Tuscan countryside on our way to Florence. We will be traveling around November 30 I prefer one central lodging location as a base for the 3 days but am open to suggestions.
Likes: Wine, wine and more wine, food, food and more food, scenic vistas, atmosphere
With that out of the way ... Here are some of the cities that interest me but clearly there are too many on my list for such a short trip.
Any help narrowing it down would be so appreciated and, of course, any specific driving itineraries involving wine and/or food tastings would be even better.
In no particular order:
Orvieto (this would be a stop outside of Rome on our way to Tuscany)
I had originally thought about staying in the Montalcino area but thought that Siena may be more central. Any thoughts?
Any two cities that are similar? Have I missed and musts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 마이크로게임＼＼『 BMB95.ＣＯＭ 』＼＼bet2win명품카지노
- 2 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 3 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 4 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 5 Itinerary and transportation suggestions
- 6 If you had to choose one......
- 7 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 8 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 9 Spanish Language Immersion for young teenager in SPAIN
- 10 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 11 HELP PLEASE! Skiing in Zermatt this March
- 12 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 13 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 14 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 15 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 16 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 17 Croatia and Montenegro Itinerary
- 18 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 19 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 20 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 21 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 22 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 23 Sicily
- 24 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 25 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
3-Day Tuscan Countryside: Itinerary ideas, suggestions ...