Planning our late-August trip to Spain, we have net 4.5 days in Madrid, after 4.5 days in Barcelona and 2 in Girona. Of those 4.5 Madrid days we want to spend 3 days on day-trips outside, using the train, and we even found accommodation very close to the Atocha station to make it easier for us.
1. We need to choose 3 destinations (different enough in style or atmosphere) out of this list: Toledo, Segovia, Cuenca, Avila or Salamanca.
2. Does it make sense to do an online purchase of a train-pass for a couple for those 3 round-trips, so that we're free with our itinerary and can jump on a train in the last minute?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving in Italy
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 4 Paris in August
- 5 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 6 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 7 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 8 Rome Water Shortage
- 9 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 10 Getting around London
- 11 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 12 The DCC scam is spreading
- 13 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 14 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 15 Train travel to and from Paris
- 16 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 17 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 18 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 19 Christmas in Spain
- 20 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 21 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 22 Vigo Spain????
- 23 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 24 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 25 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip