Planning our late-August trip to Spain, we have net 4.5 days in Madrid, after 4.5 days in Barcelona and 2 in Girona. Of those 4.5 Madrid days we want to spend 3 days on day-trips outside, using the train, and we even found accommodation very close to the Atocha station to make it easier for us.
1. We need to choose 3 destinations (different enough in style or atmosphere) out of this list: Toledo, Segovia, Cuenca, Avila or Salamanca.
2. Does it make sense to do an online purchase of a train-pass for a couple for those 3 round-trips, so that we're free with our itinerary and can jump on a train in the last minute?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 2 Spain or Portugal for a Beach Vacation?
- 3 14 days end to end London Heathrow
- 4 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 5 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 6 help with Italy itinerary
- 7 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 8 Praiano
- 9 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 10 AVE Train Advice from Madrid to Barcelona
- 11 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 12 Chamonix to Paris
- 13 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 14 Rome-Itinerary
- 15 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 16 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 17 Scotland and London 21 days
- 18 Rome to venice
- 19 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 20 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 21 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 22 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 23 Ireland itinerary help please
- 24 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 25 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona