Planning our late-August trip to Spain, we have net 4.5 days in Madrid, after 4.5 days in Barcelona and 2 in Girona. Of those 4.5 Madrid days we want to spend 3 days on day-trips outside, using the train, and we even found accommodation very close to the Atocha station to make it easier for us.
1. We need to choose 3 destinations (different enough in style or atmosphere) out of this list: Toledo, Segovia, Cuenca, Avila or Salamanca.
2. Does it make sense to do an online purchase of a train-pass for a couple for those 3 round-trips, so that we're free with our itinerary and can jump on a train in the last minute?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip to Rome
- 2 Best Indian Food
- 3 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 4 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 5 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 6 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 7 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 8 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 9 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 10 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 11 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 12 Piedmont as a destination
- 13 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 14 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 15 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 16 Need Information about French Alps
- 17 dinner jackets
- 18 France Itinerary Advice
- 19 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 20 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 21 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 22 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 23 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 24 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 25 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing