our initial plan is to fly into Rome and rent a van then head out on our journey. First stop for several nights in either Umbria or Tuscany region. From there on to the coast...maybe the Portofino area for a few nights. From there up to the lake country area...maybe Como for a few nights. From there over to Venice for a few nights...then back to Rome for the final night of our journey. Hoping this initial plan gives us a taste of several different regions. we have 12 nights total. any input we can get on where to stay and sights to see would be greatly appreciated!! thank you all!
3 couples heading to Italy...chipping away at the bucket list
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time to Switzerland
- 2 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 3 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 4 Brittany France 2014 - Trip Report
- 5 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 6 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 7 All Set To Go!!
- 8 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 9 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 10 Eastern Europe
- 11 Airport ATMs
- 12 4 weeks in the UK
- 13 Granada
- 14 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 15 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Ulysses S. Grant's European Tour?
- 16 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 17 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 18 Switzerland help...?
- 19 London to Paris by train
- 20 Euro Trivia quiz #15 - Famous Folks and Places
- 21 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 22 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 23 Looking for clean & reputable hotels in Venice, Florence and Rome!
- 24 10 Days in Emilia-Romagna : Thinking of 3 Days Bologna and Then??
- 25 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews