First time posting!
My husband and I are planning a trip for after he takes the Bar Exam next summer, and I'm hoping to get some preliminary information/insights. For background, we live in NYC. I've been to England once (last year), and he travelled a lot throughout his teens, but hasn't been outside the US in over a decade.
What we're planning: 5 days in London, 5 days in Santorini, 5 days in Barcelona. My husband wanted London, I wanted Santorini, and we were open for the 3rd location. Based on direct flights (we are adamant about direct flights), it looks like Barcelona is the easiest third option, and we're both pretty stoked on that selection.
As I mentioned, we're not extraordinarily experienced international travelers, so I have a few questions (highlighted with stars below for the TL;DR out there):
1) A lot of travel websites recommend waiting until closer to the date to book flights unless it's a holiday weekend or you're traveling to a very sought after location. We're planning our trip for over labor day weekend, and Santorini seems to fall within the sought after component. **When is the most reasonable time to book flights?**
2) Generally speaking, what is a good price for a flight that goes from NYC-->London, and then Barcelona-->NYC? I'm seeing prices currently in the $800-1100 range, which seems reasonable to me. **Should I expect these prices to drop?** It's my understanding it's a more complicated scenario in which to get cheaper airfare given our multi-city itinerary. I travel back to CA 4-5 times a year, and so I know that generally any ticket price over $400 is on the expensive side, and anything under is on the reasonable side. Hoping to have that same perspective with these international tickets.
3) I'm hoping to do a hacker fare (is that the term?) through Delta in which we'd fly Virgin Atlantic premium economy TO London, and then we'd fly Delta regular economy back from Barcelona. I've read that Virgin Atlantic premium economy is one of the best for the price, and given that it's the only airline I've flown internationally, I don't have much to compare this to. **Has this been your experience? Do British Airways/American have better premium economy?**
Thanks for any advice!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 베스트바카라☬⋟[ AGS98.zz.am ]⋞☬슈퍼카지노베스트바카라
- 2 크라운바카라웃⋟[ AGS98.zz.am ]⋞웃슈퍼카지노크라운바카라
- 3 에스안마위치010⇔4373⇔1910『에스안마,남궁실장』
- 4 아시아바카라இ⋟[ AGS98.zz.am ]⋞இ슈퍼카지노아시아바카라
- 5 코리아바카라¶⋟[ AGS98.zz.am ]⋞¶슈퍼카지노코리아바카라
- 6 워커힐바카라✸⋟[ AGS98.zz.am ]⋞✸슈퍼카지노워커힐바카라
- 7 센토사바카라✱⋟[ AGS98.zz.am ]⋞✱슈퍼카지노센토사바카라
- 8 투게더바카라✤⋟[ AGS98.zz.am ]⋞✤슈퍼카지노투게더바카라
- 9 4 days itinerary for France
- 10 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 11 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 12 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 13 Itinerary and transportation suggestions
- 14 If you had to choose one......
- 15 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 16 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 17 Spanish Language Immersion for young teenager in SPAIN
- 18 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 19 HELP PLEASE! Skiing in Zermatt this March
- 20 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 21 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 22 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 23 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 24 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 25 Croatia and Montenegro Itinerary