First time posting!
My husband and I are planning a trip for after he takes the Bar Exam next summer, and I'm hoping to get some preliminary information/insights. For background, we live in NYC. I've been to England once (last year), and he travelled a lot throughout his teens, but hasn't been outside the US in over a decade.
What we're planning: 5 days in London, 5 days in Santorini, 5 days in Barcelona. My husband wanted London, I wanted Santorini, and we were open for the 3rd location. Based on direct flights (we are adamant about direct flights), it looks like Barcelona is the easiest third option, and we're both pretty stoked on that selection.
As I mentioned, we're not extraordinarily experienced international travelers, so I have a few questions (highlighted with stars below for the TL;DR out there):
1) A lot of travel websites recommend waiting until closer to the date to book flights unless it's a holiday weekend or you're traveling to a very sought after location. We're planning our trip for over labor day weekend, and Santorini seems to fall within the sought after component. **When is the most reasonable time to book flights?**
2) Generally speaking, what is a good price for a flight that goes from NYC-->London, and then Barcelona-->NYC? I'm seeing prices currently in the $800-1100 range, which seems reasonable to me. **Should I expect these prices to drop?** It's my understanding it's a more complicated scenario in which to get cheaper airfare given our multi-city itinerary. I travel back to CA 4-5 times a year, and so I know that generally any ticket price over $400 is on the expensive side, and anything under is on the reasonable side. Hoping to have that same perspective with these international tickets.
3) I'm hoping to do a hacker fare (is that the term?) through Delta in which we'd fly Virgin Atlantic premium economy TO London, and then we'd fly Delta regular economy back from Barcelona. I've read that Virgin Atlantic premium economy is one of the best for the price, and given that it's the only airline I've flown internationally, I don't have much to compare this to. **Has this been your experience? Do British Airways/American have better premium economy?**
Thanks for any advice!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 2 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 3 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 4 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 5 Italian lakes
- 6 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 7 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 8 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 9 www.adal.ml 아찔한 달리기 구의오피 구의건마 구의휴게텔 구의마사지 구의키스방
- 10 제주도오피 아찔한달리기 제주도건마 www.adal.ml 제주도휴게텔 제주도마사지
- 11 아달 www.adal.ml 신논현오피 신논현건마 신논현휴게텔 신논현마사지
- 12 시흥오피 아찔한 달리기 시흥건마 www.adal.ml 시흥휴게텔 시흥마사지 시흥키스방
- 13 Southern Croatia and side trips itinerary recommendations
- 14 Best soft sand beaches, Ischia
- 15 Fodors monitors - "view profile" not available on Foxfire
- 16 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 17 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 18 "Never Mind"
- 19 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 20 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 21 Nafplio to Hydra
- 22 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 23 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 24 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 25 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg