My wife and are in the middle of planning our crazy first Europe trip, and since it might be our last in a long time we're trying to cover as much as we can in the span of time that we've managed to secure for ourselves. To this end, we've picked Spain, France and Italy, with major cities as our hubs for day trips and the like.
I realize this may strike some as ambitious but really, it's a matter of seizing the scant opportunity we have to experience the continent, while maximizing the costs of travel. Consider that Manila is extremely far from Europe, almost a day away flying, and considerably more expensive than for those among you living in the U.S. or thereabouts.
The draft itinerary is posted just below. Please let us know what you think, and what useful advice or suggestions you can provide -- things we can see, do, etc., living arrangements, anything you think will help. All suggestions, criticisms and remarks welcome.
Thanks a bunch!
Manila to Madrid
August 24- 27
Madrid to Barcelona
Barcelona to Paris
Aug 31- Sept 4
Paris to Milan
Milan to Florence
Florence to Milan
Milan to Manila
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice to the Lakes, by car or train?
- 2 Mallorca for 9 nights-best home base?
- 3 Spain/Renfe
- 4 My final Prague itinerary
- 5 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 6 WiFi in France
- 7 First time in Italy / Advice in Tuscan destinations
- 8 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 9 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 10 Valencia Spain
- 11 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 12 Southern France Small Towns for Expat Retirement
- 13 I'm 18. Am I too young to backpack through Europe?
- 14 Warsaw/Krakow other lovely towns?
- 15 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 16 September Honeymoon advice (Paris, Switzerland and Italy)
- 17 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 18 Italian coastal area Genoa and south--low key, active, scenic
- 19 Best Greek Island
- 20 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 21 Make your Mother’s Day celebration grander with flowers and gifts
- 22 Best neighborhood for apartment in Lisbon?
- 23 Paris to Bordeaux
- 24 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 25 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?