My wife and are in the middle of planning our crazy first Europe trip, and since it might be our last in a long time we're trying to cover as much as we can in the span of time that we've managed to secure for ourselves. To this end, we've picked Spain, France and Italy, with major cities as our hubs for day trips and the like.
I realize this may strike some as ambitious but really, it's a matter of seizing the scant opportunity we have to experience the continent, while maximizing the costs of travel. Consider that Manila is extremely far from Europe, almost a day away flying, and considerably more expensive than for those among you living in the U.S. or thereabouts.
The draft itinerary is posted just below. Please let us know what you think, and what useful advice or suggestions you can provide -- things we can see, do, etc., living arrangements, anything you think will help. All suggestions, criticisms and remarks welcome.
Thanks a bunch!
Manila to Madrid
August 24- 27
Madrid to Barcelona
Barcelona to Paris
Aug 31- Sept 4
Paris to Milan
Milan to Florence
Florence to Milan
Milan to Manila
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 2 credit and debit cards
- 3 17 days Slovenia croatia
- 4 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 5 Getting around Lisbon
- 6 Athens International airport
- 7 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 8 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 9 2 weeks in Germany – itinerary sanity check
- 10 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 11 YIKES!
- 12 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 13 Cinqueterre
- 14 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 15 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 16 Swiss Pass
- 17 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 18 Trip to Ireland in September
- 19 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 20 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 21 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 22 Best Car Rental - Dublin Drop of Shannon
- 23 Final Four
- 24 Next Spring: Copenhagen and ???
- 25 Charming areas to explore in London