My wife and are in the middle of planning our crazy first Europe trip, and since it might be our last in a long time we're trying to cover as much as we can in the span of time that we've managed to secure for ourselves. To this end, we've picked Spain, France and Italy, with major cities as our hubs for day trips and the like.
I realize this may strike some as ambitious but really, it's a matter of seizing the scant opportunity we have to experience the continent, while maximizing the costs of travel. Consider that Manila is extremely far from Europe, almost a day away flying, and considerably more expensive than for those among you living in the U.S. or thereabouts.
The draft itinerary is posted just below. Please let us know what you think, and what useful advice or suggestions you can provide -- things we can see, do, etc., living arrangements, anything you think will help. All suggestions, criticisms and remarks welcome.
Thanks a bunch!
Manila to Madrid
August 24- 27
Madrid to Barcelona
Barcelona to Paris
Aug 31- Sept 4
Paris to Milan
Milan to Florence
Florence to Milan
Milan to Manila
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 2 Georgia in 4 days
- 3 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 4 Where should I go with my family?
- 5 First Solo Adventure
- 6 First Solo Adventure
- 7 Alitala
- 8 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 9 PARIS
- 10 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 11 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 12 Crete Holiday
- 13 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 14 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 15 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 16 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 17 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 18 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 19 Stu Tower
- 20 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 21 Trains in Italy
- 22 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 23 Tour or self drive Douro?
- 24 Which Hotel in Rome
- 25 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland