My wife and are in the middle of planning our crazy first Europe trip, and since it might be our last in a long time we're trying to cover as much as we can in the span of time that we've managed to secure for ourselves. To this end, we've picked Spain, France and Italy, with major cities as our hubs for day trips and the like.
I realize this may strike some as ambitious but really, it's a matter of seizing the scant opportunity we have to experience the continent, while maximizing the costs of travel. Consider that Manila is extremely far from Europe, almost a day away flying, and considerably more expensive than for those among you living in the U.S. or thereabouts.
The draft itinerary is posted just below. Please let us know what you think, and what useful advice or suggestions you can provide -- things we can see, do, etc., living arrangements, anything you think will help. All suggestions, criticisms and remarks welcome.
Thanks a bunch!
Manila to Madrid
August 24- 27
Madrid to Barcelona
Barcelona to Paris
Aug 31- Sept 4
Paris to Milan
Milan to Florence
Florence to Milan
Milan to Manila
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 2 Need advice on the place to visit in Prague
- 3 Spanish Civil War Tour in Barcelona
- 4 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 5 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 6 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 7 Berlin
- 8 Ideas for drive from Munich to Ramstein/Kaiserslautern to Garmisch
- 9 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 10 3 days solo in London
- 11 Info for Edinburgh visit
- 12 Best layover option
- 13 Summer Mountain Retreats
- 14 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 15 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 16 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 17 Belfast leading up to July 12
- 18 Rethinking my late September vacation in Madrid/Andalusia – Italy instead?
- 19 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 20 Hotels in Turin
- 21 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 22 3 months in Bristol
- 23 TR-Croatia and Italy. A bit long but it's all here in one post.
- 24 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 25 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area