My wife and are in the middle of planning our crazy first Europe trip, and since it might be our last in a long time we're trying to cover as much as we can in the span of time that we've managed to secure for ourselves. To this end, we've picked Spain, France and Italy, with major cities as our hubs for day trips and the like.
I realize this may strike some as ambitious but really, it's a matter of seizing the scant opportunity we have to experience the continent, while maximizing the costs of travel. Consider that Manila is extremely far from Europe, almost a day away flying, and considerably more expensive than for those among you living in the U.S. or thereabouts.
The draft itinerary is posted just below. Please let us know what you think, and what useful advice or suggestions you can provide -- things we can see, do, etc., living arrangements, anything you think will help. All suggestions, criticisms and remarks welcome.
Thanks a bunch!
Manila to Madrid
August 24- 27
Madrid to Barcelona
Barcelona to Paris
Aug 31- Sept 4
Paris to Milan
Milan to Florence
Florence to Milan
Milan to Manila
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 2 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 3 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 4 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 5 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 6 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 7 ATM help
- 8 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 9 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 10 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 11 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 12 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 13 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 14 Scotland at Christmas itinerary
- 15 International drivers permit
- 16 Spain Itinerary
- 17 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 18 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 19 ATM
- 20 Croatia Intinerary August 2017
- 21 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 22 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 23 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 24 Could you recommend a city tour in Reykjavík?
- 25 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip