My wife and are in the middle of planning our crazy first Europe trip, and since it might be our last in a long time we're trying to cover as much as we can in the span of time that we've managed to secure for ourselves. To this end, we've picked Spain, France and Italy, with major cities as our hubs for day trips and the like.
I realize this may strike some as ambitious but really, it's a matter of seizing the scant opportunity we have to experience the continent, while maximizing the costs of travel. Consider that Manila is extremely far from Europe, almost a day away flying, and considerably more expensive than for those among you living in the U.S. or thereabouts.
The draft itinerary is posted just below. Please let us know what you think, and what useful advice or suggestions you can provide -- things we can see, do, etc., living arrangements, anything you think will help. All suggestions, criticisms and remarks welcome.
Thanks a bunch!
Manila to Madrid
August 24- 27
Madrid to Barcelona
Barcelona to Paris
Aug 31- Sept 4
Paris to Milan
Milan to Florence
Florence to Milan
Milan to Manila
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 2 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 5 3 weeks in Spain
- 6 4 days itinerary for France
- 7 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 8 Rent a car in England
- 9 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 10 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 11 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 12 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 13 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 14 South of France - 7 Days - April
- 15 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 16 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 17 2017 Easter in Italy
- 18 Iceland Trip Report: 9 Days in May - non Ring Road!
- 19 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 20 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 21 Edinburgh to Skye
- 22 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 23 Family first time Barcelona (where and how much ?)
- 24 Croatia transportation question.
- 25 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport