My wife and are in the middle of planning our crazy first Europe trip, and since it might be our last in a long time we're trying to cover as much as we can in the span of time that we've managed to secure for ourselves. To this end, we've picked Spain, France and Italy, with major cities as our hubs for day trips and the like.
I realize this may strike some as ambitious but really, it's a matter of seizing the scant opportunity we have to experience the continent, while maximizing the costs of travel. Consider that Manila is extremely far from Europe, almost a day away flying, and considerably more expensive than for those among you living in the U.S. or thereabouts.
The draft itinerary is posted just below. Please let us know what you think, and what useful advice or suggestions you can provide -- things we can see, do, etc., living arrangements, anything you think will help. All suggestions, criticisms and remarks welcome.
Thanks a bunch!
Manila to Madrid
August 24- 27
Madrid to Barcelona
Barcelona to Paris
Aug 31- Sept 4
Paris to Milan
Milan to Florence
Florence to Milan
Milan to Manila
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 2 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 3 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 4 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 5 Ireland itinerary help please
- 6 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 7 Ronda Wine/biking
- 8 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 9 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 10 No Periods in British Written English!
- 11 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 12 Perugia
- 13 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 14 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 15 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 16 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 17 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 18 Areas in Milan
- 19 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 20 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 21 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 22 CDG much improved
- 23 St Denis Cathedral
- 24 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 25 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?