I'm a college student studying abroad in Dublin this coming semester, but before I start school, two friends and I will be traveling around Europe for about two weeks. We've decided to visit Rome, Venice, Vienna, and Prague.
We arrive in Rome on the morning of August 20th and leave Prague on the evening of September 1st (trip total: 12 nights, 13ish days). We're thinking 3 nights in Rome (3.5 days), 2 nights in Venice (2.25 days), taking an overnight train to Vienna, where we'll spend 3 nights (3.5 days) and 3 nights in Prague (3 days). We'll take trains to get from city to city, but we're considering taking the bus from Vienna to Prague. We'll be staying in youth hostels.
None of us have been to Europe before, so we don't really know what to expect. If any experienced Europe travelers have opinions/suggestions about the following (or anything else you'd like to say), feedback would be greatly appreciated!
1. Booking train transportation ahead of time
2. How long to stay in each city
3. Ways to be frugal
4. How much to pack (e.g. how many/what size suitcases? Or just a backpack?)
These are just some things I've been wondering about. Any suggestions, comments, and opinions are welcome!
3 college students, 2 weeks in Europe: Rome, Venice, Vienna, Prague
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 2 South of Switzerland
- 3 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 4 Home Base in Belgium
- 5 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 6 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 7 Now for the Venice hotel
- 8 A Week in Spain
- 9 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 10 Leaving schengen country without a re entry permit
- 11 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 12 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 13 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 14 Greece after the Vote
- 15 To Prague or not to Prague
- 16 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 17 Day Trips from Paris
- 18 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 19 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 20 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 21 Night Train from Krakow to Budapest
- 22 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 23 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 24 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 25 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?