I'm a college student studying abroad in Dublin this coming semester, but before I start school, two friends and I will be traveling around Europe for about two weeks. We've decided to visit Rome, Venice, Vienna, and Prague.
We arrive in Rome on the morning of August 20th and leave Prague on the evening of September 1st (trip total: 12 nights, 13ish days). We're thinking 3 nights in Rome (3.5 days), 2 nights in Venice (2.25 days), taking an overnight train to Vienna, where we'll spend 3 nights (3.5 days) and 3 nights in Prague (3 days). We'll take trains to get from city to city, but we're considering taking the bus from Vienna to Prague. We'll be staying in youth hostels.
None of us have been to Europe before, so we don't really know what to expect. If any experienced Europe travelers have opinions/suggestions about the following (or anything else you'd like to say), feedback would be greatly appreciated!
1. Booking train transportation ahead of time
2. How long to stay in each city
3. Ways to be frugal
4. How much to pack (e.g. how many/what size suitcases? Or just a backpack?)
These are just some things I've been wondering about. Any suggestions, comments, and opinions are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 2 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 3 Visit to Engand
- 4 Cinqueterre
- 5 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 6 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 7 Help with basic itinerary
- 8 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 9 Final Four
- 10 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 11 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 12 Sweden Midsummers Day
- 13 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 14 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 15 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 16 Cornwall UK
- 17 Choose between Nazare, Portugal or Merida, Spain
- 18 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 19 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 20 Short Trip to Paris
- 21 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 22 Alhambra ticket confusions
- 23 Parking in Girona
- 24 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please
- 25 Denmark-UBER has left the building.
3 college students, 2 weeks in Europe: Rome, Venice, Vienna, Prague