I'm a college student studying abroad in Dublin this coming semester, but before I start school, two friends and I will be traveling around Europe for about two weeks. We've decided to visit Rome, Venice, Vienna, and Prague.
We arrive in Rome on the morning of August 20th and leave Prague on the evening of September 1st (trip total: 12 nights, 13ish days). We're thinking 3 nights in Rome (3.5 days), 2 nights in Venice (2.25 days), taking an overnight train to Vienna, where we'll spend 3 nights (3.5 days) and 3 nights in Prague (3 days). We'll take trains to get from city to city, but we're considering taking the bus from Vienna to Prague. We'll be staying in youth hostels.
None of us have been to Europe before, so we don't really know what to expect. If any experienced Europe travelers have opinions/suggestions about the following (or anything else you'd like to say), feedback would be greatly appreciated!
1. Booking train transportation ahead of time
2. How long to stay in each city
3. Ways to be frugal
4. How much to pack (e.g. how many/what size suitcases? Or just a backpack?)
These are just some things I've been wondering about. Any suggestions, comments, and opinions are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Live music or Theater over Christmas and New Years?
- 2 Travel help
- 3 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 4 BEWARE of EUROCAR
- 5 European Cooking Secrets
- 6 Europe in late January
- 7 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 8 Need suggestions for musical Events in Rome
- 9 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 10 Italy's central lakes!
- 11 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 12 Early Spring Air Sales To Europe
- 13 Andalucia in December
- 14 Travel vs. Babies
- 15 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 16 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 17 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 18 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 19 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 20 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 21 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 22 Will you skip Vienna for other city?
- 23 UBER in England
- 24 Paris with Layover in Munich. Can we leave the airport?
- 25 Lisbon guided sightseeing tours
3 college students, 2 weeks in Europe: Rome, Venice, Vienna, Prague