I'm a college student studying abroad in Dublin this coming semester, but before I start school, two friends and I will be traveling around Europe for about two weeks. We've decided to visit Rome, Venice, Vienna, and Prague.
We arrive in Rome on the morning of August 20th and leave Prague on the evening of September 1st (trip total: 12 nights, 13ish days). We're thinking 3 nights in Rome (3.5 days), 2 nights in Venice (2.25 days), taking an overnight train to Vienna, where we'll spend 3 nights (3.5 days) and 3 nights in Prague (3 days). We'll take trains to get from city to city, but we're considering taking the bus from Vienna to Prague. We'll be staying in youth hostels.
None of us have been to Europe before, so we don't really know what to expect. If any experienced Europe travelers have opinions/suggestions about the following (or anything else you'd like to say), feedback would be greatly appreciated!
1. Booking train transportation ahead of time
2. How long to stay in each city
3. Ways to be frugal
4. How much to pack (e.g. how many/what size suitcases? Or just a backpack?)
These are just some things I've been wondering about. Any suggestions, comments, and opinions are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 And now...the 100 best things in Iceland.
- 2 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 3 What Greek islands should I visit
- 4 Which order should I travel
- 5 Which order should I travel
- 6 Which order should I travel
- 7 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 8 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 9 Spain Itinerary Help
- 10 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 11 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 12 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 13 Help with travel from Cinque Terre to Milan Linate Airport!
- 14 Barcelona completely overrated
- 15 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 16 Girona and Besalau
- 17 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 18 A week in Europe (Switzerland area)
- 19 Europe Destination with kids?
- 20 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 21 Cork or Galway?
- 22 Villa near Florence Italy
- 23 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 24 MiFi in Italy
- 25 Villa near Florence Italy
3 college students, 2 weeks in Europe: Rome, Venice, Vienna, Prague