I'm a college student studying abroad in Dublin this coming semester, but before I start school, two friends and I will be traveling around Europe for about two weeks. We've decided to visit Rome, Venice, Vienna, and Prague.
We arrive in Rome on the morning of August 20th and leave Prague on the evening of September 1st (trip total: 12 nights, 13ish days). We're thinking 3 nights in Rome (3.5 days), 2 nights in Venice (2.25 days), taking an overnight train to Vienna, where we'll spend 3 nights (3.5 days) and 3 nights in Prague (3 days). We'll take trains to get from city to city, but we're considering taking the bus from Vienna to Prague. We'll be staying in youth hostels.
None of us have been to Europe before, so we don't really know what to expect. If any experienced Europe travelers have opinions/suggestions about the following (or anything else you'd like to say), feedback would be greatly appreciated!
1. Booking train transportation ahead of time
2. How long to stay in each city
3. Ways to be frugal
4. How much to pack (e.g. how many/what size suitcases? Or just a backpack?)
These are just some things I've been wondering about. Any suggestions, comments, and opinions are welcome!
3 college students, 2 weeks in Europe: Rome, Venice, Vienna, Prague
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 travel in Spain or France from Barcelona or Madrid
- 2 Transportation advice between Seville-Ronda, Granada-Cordoba
- 3 Please suffer one more London travelcard question
- 4 10 nights in Southern Spain: Itinerary & Questions
- 5 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 5 First Full Day in Vienna
- 6 Athens, Greece, hotel recommendations
- 7 Taormina & Mt Etna
- 8 Non-Crowded Europe in Mid-July
- 9 Camino No-No
- 10 Rioja
- 11 Madrid
- 12 Ireland train system: first class??
- 13 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 14 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 2 Easter Sunday London
- 15 Satisfying sweet tooth in Scotland
- 16 Minimum age to rent a hotel or hostel room
- 17 apartment
- 18 travel insurance
- 19 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 20 Best way to tour Sicily?
- 21 Student with no visa: Will I be denied re-entry into Germany???
- 22 Anciet Brits Were Cannibals
- 23 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?
- 24 Powerscourt OR Glendalough?
- 25 London and nearby suggestions