I'm a college student studying abroad in Dublin this coming semester, but before I start school, two friends and I will be traveling around Europe for about two weeks. We've decided to visit Rome, Venice, Vienna, and Prague.
We arrive in Rome on the morning of August 20th and leave Prague on the evening of September 1st (trip total: 12 nights, 13ish days). We're thinking 3 nights in Rome (3.5 days), 2 nights in Venice (2.25 days), taking an overnight train to Vienna, where we'll spend 3 nights (3.5 days) and 3 nights in Prague (3 days). We'll take trains to get from city to city, but we're considering taking the bus from Vienna to Prague. We'll be staying in youth hostels.
None of us have been to Europe before, so we don't really know what to expect. If any experienced Europe travelers have opinions/suggestions about the following (or anything else you'd like to say), feedback would be greatly appreciated!
1. Booking train transportation ahead of time
2. How long to stay in each city
3. Ways to be frugal
4. How much to pack (e.g. how many/what size suitcases? Or just a backpack?)
These are just some things I've been wondering about. Any suggestions, comments, and opinions are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 Traveling to Croatia w/ infant - tips?
- 4 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 5 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 6 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 7 2017 Easter in Italy
- 8 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 9 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 10 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 11 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 12 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 13 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 14 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 15 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 16 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 17 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 18 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 19 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 20 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 21 Towersey, London
- 22 Croatia transportation question.
- 23 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 24 Westerplatte
- 25 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
3 college students, 2 weeks in Europe: Rome, Venice, Vienna, Prague