I have learned so much reading these boards. I need a little help with the middle part of our itinerary. My husband and I will being seeing our daughter and my sister home from Pisa airport in late April and we will continue on. We will have already visited Orvieto, Montepulciano, San Gim, Volterra, Siena and Florence. All of our prior travel will be by public transportation. We would like to rent a car and see Lucca and more of Umbria particularly Assisi and a few other towns.
Here are my questions.
Should we rent a car in Florence the morning sis and DD leave, drop them at the Pisa airport, and head to Lucca for 1 night? Or should we do bus/train to Pisa then onto Lucca and get a car there. I think it may be less stressful getting to the airport in our own car. And maybe we would get a chance to peak at the leaning tower.
We would like to stay in an agriturismo and I think Assisi/Spello may be a central area. The only must do is visit Assisi. I would like to just relax for a few days and go where the wind takes us. We very much enjoy the outdoors and hiking etc. Any towns we shouldn't miss and do you think this would be a nice location?
On May 2 we will relocate to Sorrento. Since we have a car, should we drive or should we return car to nearest train station and train to Sorrento? I originally thought we would take the train but it might be less stressful to drive and drop the car in Sorrento.
Thanks in advance for all of your ideas. I really appreciate it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 U<S:A : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:540 :683O YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 3 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 4 Paris advice with kids
- 5 International drivers permit
- 6 Villa in Italy
- 7 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 8 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 9 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 10 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 11 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 12 Paris travel help
- 13 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 14 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 15 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 16 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 17 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 18 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 19 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 20 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 21 One night in the Dolomites
- 22 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 23 Airport Transit Visa
- 24 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 25 Where in Greece