I have learned so much reading these boards. I need a little help with the middle part of our itinerary. My husband and I will being seeing our daughter and my sister home from Pisa airport in late April and we will continue on. We will have already visited Orvieto, Montepulciano, San Gim, Volterra, Siena and Florence. All of our prior travel will be by public transportation. We would like to rent a car and see Lucca and more of Umbria particularly Assisi and a few other towns.
Here are my questions.
Should we rent a car in Florence the morning sis and DD leave, drop them at the Pisa airport, and head to Lucca for 1 night? Or should we do bus/train to Pisa then onto Lucca and get a car there. I think it may be less stressful getting to the airport in our own car. And maybe we would get a chance to peak at the leaning tower.
We would like to stay in an agriturismo and I think Assisi/Spello may be a central area. The only must do is visit Assisi. I would like to just relax for a few days and go where the wind takes us. We very much enjoy the outdoors and hiking etc. Any towns we shouldn't miss and do you think this would be a nice location?
On May 2 we will relocate to Sorrento. Since we have a car, should we drive or should we return car to nearest train station and train to Sorrento? I originally thought we would take the train but it might be less stressful to drive and drop the car in Sorrento.
Thanks in advance for all of your ideas. I really appreciate it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 2 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 3 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 4 Things to do in Montpellier
- 5 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 6 Leather goods in Florence
- 7 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 8 4 days in Provence in early June
- 9 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 10 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 11 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 12 France Itinerary Advice
- 13 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 14 Picnic Spot Near Assisi
- 15 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 16 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 17 A week in and around London at Christmas
- 18 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 19 Bouldering in Fountainebleau
- 20 Trip to Rome
- 21 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 22 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 23 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 24 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 25 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country