I have learned so much reading these boards. I need a little help with the middle part of our itinerary. My husband and I will being seeing our daughter and my sister home from Pisa airport in late April and we will continue on. We will have already visited Orvieto, Montepulciano, San Gim, Volterra, Siena and Florence. All of our prior travel will be by public transportation. We would like to rent a car and see Lucca and more of Umbria particularly Assisi and a few other towns.
Here are my questions.
Should we rent a car in Florence the morning sis and DD leave, drop them at the Pisa airport, and head to Lucca for 1 night? Or should we do bus/train to Pisa then onto Lucca and get a car there. I think it may be less stressful getting to the airport in our own car. And maybe we would get a chance to peak at the leaning tower.
We would like to stay in an agriturismo and I think Assisi/Spello may be a central area. The only must do is visit Assisi. I would like to just relax for a few days and go where the wind takes us. We very much enjoy the outdoors and hiking etc. Any towns we shouldn't miss and do you think this would be a nice location?
On May 2 we will relocate to Sorrento. Since we have a car, should we drive or should we return car to nearest train station and train to Sorrento? I originally thought we would take the train but it might be less stressful to drive and drop the car in Sorrento.
Thanks in advance for all of your ideas. I really appreciate it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car rental leaving Rome
- 2 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 3 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 4 Stroller in Europe
- 5 Xmas windows in London
- 6 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 7 Suggestions for base in the Var
- 8 Take your time to see San Gimignano
- 9 NEED HELP PLANNING SPAIN ITINERARY
- 10 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 11 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 12 Locauto Yes or No? or Europcar in Pisa
- 13 Rotterdam in 1923
- 14 Romance written with help from Fodorites
- 15 Quickest and cheapest way to get to Marco Polo from Mogliano Veneto?
- 16 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 17 Wroclaw & Krakow, Poland
- 18 Krakow on Christmas Day?
- 19 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 20 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 21 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 22 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 23 Best company/Tour for one day Amalfi Coast from Rome
- 24 Holland/France/Spain
- 25 Christmas in London (& Paris)