I have learned so much reading these boards. I need a little help with the middle part of our itinerary. My husband and I will being seeing our daughter and my sister home from Pisa airport in late April and we will continue on. We will have already visited Orvieto, Montepulciano, San Gim, Volterra, Siena and Florence. All of our prior travel will be by public transportation. We would like to rent a car and see Lucca and more of Umbria particularly Assisi and a few other towns.
Here are my questions.
Should we rent a car in Florence the morning sis and DD leave, drop them at the Pisa airport, and head to Lucca for 1 night? Or should we do bus/train to Pisa then onto Lucca and get a car there. I think it may be less stressful getting to the airport in our own car. And maybe we would get a chance to peak at the leaning tower.
We would like to stay in an agriturismo and I think Assisi/Spello may be a central area. The only must do is visit Assisi. I would like to just relax for a few days and go where the wind takes us. We very much enjoy the outdoors and hiking etc. Any towns we shouldn't miss and do you think this would be a nice location?
On May 2 we will relocate to Sorrento. Since we have a car, should we drive or should we return car to nearest train station and train to Sorrento? I originally thought we would take the train but it might be less stressful to drive and drop the car in Sorrento.
Thanks in advance for all of your ideas. I really appreciate it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 2 Christmas markets
- 3 Airline to Rome
- 4 SE ITALY
- 5 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 6 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 7 monograms vacation tours
- 8 Trip report: Paris-Bordeaux-Barcelona-Madrid
- 9 Towns around Lucca
- 10 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 11 Thinking about the Fjords
- 12 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 13 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 14 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 15 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 16 Athens Help
- 17 Sicily help
- 18 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 19 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 20 Cork questions
- 21 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 22 Borghese Gallery Question
- 23 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 24 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 25 London vacation rental agency