I have learned so much reading these boards. I need a little help with the middle part of our itinerary. My husband and I will being seeing our daughter and my sister home from Pisa airport in late April and we will continue on. We will have already visited Orvieto, Montepulciano, San Gim, Volterra, Siena and Florence. All of our prior travel will be by public transportation. We would like to rent a car and see Lucca and more of Umbria particularly Assisi and a few other towns.
Here are my questions.
Should we rent a car in Florence the morning sis and DD leave, drop them at the Pisa airport, and head to Lucca for 1 night? Or should we do bus/train to Pisa then onto Lucca and get a car there. I think it may be less stressful getting to the airport in our own car. And maybe we would get a chance to peak at the leaning tower.
We would like to stay in an agriturismo and I think Assisi/Spello may be a central area. The only must do is visit Assisi. I would like to just relax for a few days and go where the wind takes us. We very much enjoy the outdoors and hiking etc. Any towns we shouldn't miss and do you think this would be a nice location?
On May 2 we will relocate to Sorrento. Since we have a car, should we drive or should we return car to nearest train station and train to Sorrento? I originally thought we would take the train but it might be less stressful to drive and drop the car in Sorrento.
Thanks in advance for all of your ideas. I really appreciate it.
3-4 nights in Umbria. Need a base
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 2 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 3 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 4 Paris with kids - a whirlwind even with 9 days!
- 5 I'm in a funk
- 6 Honeymoon in Greece - Athens, Mykonos, Santorini
- 7 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 8 Ireland driving vacation
- 9 Bike touring in France
- 10 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 11 Things to do near Nice
- 12 Student Visas/Schengen Zone
- 13 Transport advise- Rome - Florence - Berlin - Copenhagen
- 14 Amsterdam vs Prague
- 15 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 16 Rotterdam - Amsterdam Parking
- 17 Where to spend 4-5 days in Moselle valley
- 18 Mama Mia Italy!
- 19 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 20 Vespa Tours in Rome
- 21 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 22 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 23 Germany Visa for conference
- 24 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 25 Recs for Dublin B&B?