I have learned so much reading these boards. I need a little help with the middle part of our itinerary. My husband and I will being seeing our daughter and my sister home from Pisa airport in late April and we will continue on. We will have already visited Orvieto, Montepulciano, San Gim, Volterra, Siena and Florence. All of our prior travel will be by public transportation. We would like to rent a car and see Lucca and more of Umbria particularly Assisi and a few other towns.
Here are my questions.
Should we rent a car in Florence the morning sis and DD leave, drop them at the Pisa airport, and head to Lucca for 1 night? Or should we do bus/train to Pisa then onto Lucca and get a car there. I think it may be less stressful getting to the airport in our own car. And maybe we would get a chance to peak at the leaning tower.
We would like to stay in an agriturismo and I think Assisi/Spello may be a central area. The only must do is visit Assisi. I would like to just relax for a few days and go where the wind takes us. We very much enjoy the outdoors and hiking etc. Any towns we shouldn't miss and do you think this would be a nice location?
On May 2 we will relocate to Sorrento. Since we have a car, should we drive or should we return car to nearest train station and train to Sorrento? I originally thought we would take the train but it might be less stressful to drive and drop the car in Sorrento.
Thanks in advance for all of your ideas. I really appreciate it.
3-4 nights in Umbria. Need a base
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 2 driving from Barcelona to Venice by car
- 3 Discount Card and itinerary for Paris for family of 4
- 4 Favorite things to do in London
- 5 Interested In Coach Passes
- 6 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 7 3 days in Bordeaux
- 8 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 9 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 10 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 11 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 12 Where to stay the night between Naples and Matera
- 13 4 days in lake region
- 14 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 15 Scotland Explorer Pass
- 16 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 17 Piran to Venice via ferry
- 18 7 countries in a month
- 19 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 20 car rental issues Italy Slovenia Croatia
- 21 Strasbourg restaurant recommendations
- 22 A taste of Norway: Bergen and the fjords for four day
- 23 Tipping in the UK
- 24 Confused about train travel - Paris, Colmar, Lucerne, Lake Como
- 25 Traffic Violation from Italy