I have learned so much reading these boards. I need a little help with the middle part of our itinerary. My husband and I will being seeing our daughter and my sister home from Pisa airport in late April and we will continue on. We will have already visited Orvieto, Montepulciano, San Gim, Volterra, Siena and Florence. All of our prior travel will be by public transportation. We would like to rent a car and see Lucca and more of Umbria particularly Assisi and a few other towns.
Here are my questions.
Should we rent a car in Florence the morning sis and DD leave, drop them at the Pisa airport, and head to Lucca for 1 night? Or should we do bus/train to Pisa then onto Lucca and get a car there. I think it may be less stressful getting to the airport in our own car. And maybe we would get a chance to peak at the leaning tower.
We would like to stay in an agriturismo and I think Assisi/Spello may be a central area. The only must do is visit Assisi. I would like to just relax for a few days and go where the wind takes us. We very much enjoy the outdoors and hiking etc. Any towns we shouldn't miss and do you think this would be a nice location?
On May 2 we will relocate to Sorrento. Since we have a car, should we drive or should we return car to nearest train station and train to Sorrento? I originally thought we would take the train but it might be less stressful to drive and drop the car in Sorrento.
Thanks in advance for all of your ideas. I really appreciate it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips from Uzes
- 2 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 3 Visiting the Black Forest
- 4 "PARIS FOR RENT". Apartments----has anyone used this service?
- 5 Laundry - Ireland?
- 6 European countries thst could use some hospitality lessons.
- 7 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 8 France to stop making foie grois
- 9 AVE train tickets questions.
- 10 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 11 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 12 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 13 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 14 Rome to Positano
- 15 How best to spend a day in Tallinn
- 16 Naples or Genoa
- 17 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 18 Traveling with medication in bulk
- 19 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 20 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 21 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 22 Swimming in 17th century fountains in Rome
- 23 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 24 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 25 Interlaken-Lucerne Express 19th July- reservation required??