Greetings Iceland fans,
I am a new member and will be visiting Iceland for the first time. I will be arriving in the afternoon of July 8th and leaving in the late afternoon of July 12th on my way home to Canada from Northern Iraq and want to be able to make the most of my time in Iceland. (As this is a new and reasonably economic route, I am certain I will be using it again come winter). Ideally I would rent a car and make my own way around the island, but I as I am a weak driver, I don't feel comfortable driving without another person in the car.
Given the above, I have already booked my hotel in Reykjavik and plan to take day trips. It seems that without a car, solo travel by public transportation is very time consuming. I wonder if anyone could recommend the best tours for this time of year and the best companies to go with? I can't afford private tours (otherwise I would have booked something like the trip I could take if I were willing to drive myself), but would prefer ones with fewer people and taking in those sights that are best seen in summer. Love the idea of sailing around glaciers (but it seems Jökulsárlón is a long way to go in one day... is it worth it?). It seems the puffins would still be about in July. Travel guides seem to recommend Snæfellsnes, Landmannalaugar, Golden Circle and whale watching tours. How to decide? Which company to have a more personal experience with? Please help. I am a little out of my element as I normally organize my trips around food, cultural events, and works of man-made rather than natural beauty.
Many thanks to those willing to share their experiences.
PS. I have a long stopover on the way back (8 hours), so I figure there is no need to try to fit in the Blue Lagoon until my way back.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 생중계카지노＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼카지노추천―문카지노
- 2 카지노카페＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼온라인바카라‘라이브카지노
- 3 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 4 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 5 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 6 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 7 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 8 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 9 Cell Phone Question
- 10 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 11 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 12 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 13 Greek Islands (small)
- 14 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 15 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 16 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 17 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 18 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 19 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 20 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 21 Campervan in Croatia
- 22 advance tickets?
- 23 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 24 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 25 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
Greetings Iceland fans,