Hopefully I can get some affirmation that my current plan is good to go.
I, male age26, will be traveling July 11-26 with 3 others; one male, two females ages 45-50. (exact dates are flexible, e.g. 10-25 or 10-26, but ~2weeks total nonetheless). We are coming from NYC area so want to minimize airfare cost to and from Europe (flights appear reasonable into Lisbon and out of Naples).
About us: All speak English and Spanish. We do not mind some physical strain from sightseeing/walking, but do want some R&R at some point. I was thinking this could be had by visiting the beaches in Lisbon 1 day, and perhaps one 1/2 day while in Barcelona. This could also involve 1hour breaks sitting at a cafe people watching .......We love history/traditions/culture/architecture, but not too big on art (read: yes old churches/ruins/old buildings, but no art museums haha). Want to really hit the big tourist attractions, but the same time plan to save money by doing self-guided sightseeing/ free walking tours.
Since there are four of us, and the older women may be more comfortable with some degree of privacy, I have been looking at airbnb private apartments at each location; each location seems to have plenty of options and split among 4 comes out comparable to many hostels; 30-40usd per night per person).
1. I am thinking of flying NYC- Lisbon July 11, arriving on 12, (~390usd) and spending 3-4 nights, July 12-15/16 (the airfare to Lisbon was one of the cheapest I could find, and transportation to other Euro cities seems to be convenient from there).
2. After Lisbon, I was thinking Barcelona. LIS to BCN July 15 (~100usd), spending 4 nights, leaving July 19.
3. After Barcelona, flight to Rome July 19 (~60usd), spending 5 nights, leaving July 24.
4. After Rome, transport to Naples July 24, leaving July 26.
5. Naples back to NYC July 26 (~650usd).
Thoughts? It seems this itinerary gives me good time in 3 major cities in 3 countries while not involving too much transportation cost in between.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cinque Terre Area & Coastal Day Activities
- 2 Begur, Tossa de Mar, Sitges
- 3 Where to stay in Umbria
- 4 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 5 travel around Spain
- 6 Tattoos in Italy
- 7 App for restaurants/pubs in the the UK?
- 8 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 9 Charming areas to explore in London
- 10 Another Question re Scotland
- 11 Best GBP 250 Per Night London Hotel
- 12 Anniversary Trip to Ireland
- 13 2-4-1 / the best way to use this facility ...
- 14 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 15 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 16 Restaurants
- 17 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 18 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena
- 19 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 20 Confused on which train pass
- 21 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 22 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 23 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 24 Gap of Dunloe
- 25 Help with Transportation Options in London
2week trip: Lisbon, Barcelona, Rome, Naples... Good itinerary/idea?