Hopefully I can get some affirmation that my current plan is good to go.
I, male age26, will be traveling July 11-26 with 3 others; one male, two females ages 45-50. (exact dates are flexible, e.g. 10-25 or 10-26, but ~2weeks total nonetheless). We are coming from NYC area so want to minimize airfare cost to and from Europe (flights appear reasonable into Lisbon and out of Naples).
About us: All speak English and Spanish. We do not mind some physical strain from sightseeing/walking, but do want some R&R at some point. I was thinking this could be had by visiting the beaches in Lisbon 1 day, and perhaps one 1/2 day while in Barcelona. This could also involve 1hour breaks sitting at a cafe people watching .......We love history/traditions/culture/architecture, but not too big on art (read: yes old churches/ruins/old buildings, but no art museums haha). Want to really hit the big tourist attractions, but the same time plan to save money by doing self-guided sightseeing/ free walking tours.
Since there are four of us, and the older women may be more comfortable with some degree of privacy, I have been looking at airbnb private apartments at each location; each location seems to have plenty of options and split among 4 comes out comparable to many hostels; 30-40usd per night per person).
1. I am thinking of flying NYC- Lisbon July 11, arriving on 12, (~390usd) and spending 3-4 nights, July 12-15/16 (the airfare to Lisbon was one of the cheapest I could find, and transportation to other Euro cities seems to be convenient from there).
2. After Lisbon, I was thinking Barcelona. LIS to BCN July 15 (~100usd), spending 4 nights, leaving July 19.
3. After Barcelona, flight to Rome July 19 (~60usd), spending 5 nights, leaving July 24.
4. After Rome, transport to Naples July 24, leaving July 26.
5. Naples back to NYC July 26 (~650usd).
Thoughts? It seems this itinerary gives me good time in 3 major cities in 3 countries while not involving too much transportation cost in between.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 3 Another tipping question: concierges
- 4 We're here!
- 5 6-7 Days in France
- 6 International Flight Question
- 7 5 Days in Switzerland
- 8 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 9 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 10 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 11 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 12 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 13 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 14 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 15 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 16 Bremerhaven and environs
- 17 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 18 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 19 Spain in July
- 20 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 21 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 22 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 23 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 24 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 25 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
2week trip: Lisbon, Barcelona, Rome, Naples... Good itinerary/idea?