Hopefully I can get some affirmation that my current plan is good to go.
I, male age26, will be traveling July 11-26 with 3 others; one male, two females ages 45-50. (exact dates are flexible, e.g. 10-25 or 10-26, but ~2weeks total nonetheless). We are coming from NYC area so want to minimize airfare cost to and from Europe (flights appear reasonable into Lisbon and out of Naples).
About us: All speak English and Spanish. We do not mind some physical strain from sightseeing/walking, but do want some R&R at some point. I was thinking this could be had by visiting the beaches in Lisbon 1 day, and perhaps one 1/2 day while in Barcelona. This could also involve 1hour breaks sitting at a cafe people watching .......We love history/traditions/culture/architecture, but not too big on art (read: yes old churches/ruins/old buildings, but no art museums haha). Want to really hit the big tourist attractions, but the same time plan to save money by doing self-guided sightseeing/ free walking tours.
Since there are four of us, and the older women may be more comfortable with some degree of privacy, I have been looking at airbnb private apartments at each location; each location seems to have plenty of options and split among 4 comes out comparable to many hostels; 30-40usd per night per person).
1. I am thinking of flying NYC- Lisbon July 11, arriving on 12, (~390usd) and spending 3-4 nights, July 12-15/16 (the airfare to Lisbon was one of the cheapest I could find, and transportation to other Euro cities seems to be convenient from there).
2. After Lisbon, I was thinking Barcelona. LIS to BCN July 15 (~100usd), spending 4 nights, leaving July 19.
3. After Barcelona, flight to Rome July 19 (~60usd), spending 5 nights, leaving July 24.
4. After Rome, transport to Naples July 24, leaving July 26.
5. Naples back to NYC July 26 (~650usd).
Thoughts? It seems this itinerary gives me good time in 3 major cities in 3 countries while not involving too much transportation cost in between.
2week trip: Lisbon, Barcelona, Rome, Naples... Good itinerary/idea?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 2 Autumn in Paris
- 3 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 4 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 5 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 6 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 7 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 8 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 9 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 10 Paris and where else?
- 11 Raining in rome
- 12 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 13 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 14 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 15 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 16 Italian Lakes
- 17 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 18 Christmas Day in Scuol
- 19 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 20 Help With Vienna
- 21 What's the most economical way to see Dublin and London?
- 22 Itinerary concerns, please help
- 23 Trains in Europe
- 24 A Cotswold Query for Flanneruk
- 25 Trip report of our visit to Rioja