Hopefully I can get some affirmation that my current plan is good to go.
I, male age26, will be traveling July 11-26 with 3 others; one male, two females ages 45-50. (exact dates are flexible, e.g. 10-25 or 10-26, but ~2weeks total nonetheless). We are coming from NYC area so want to minimize airfare cost to and from Europe (flights appear reasonable into Lisbon and out of Naples).
About us: All speak English and Spanish. We do not mind some physical strain from sightseeing/walking, but do want some R&R at some point. I was thinking this could be had by visiting the beaches in Lisbon 1 day, and perhaps one 1/2 day while in Barcelona. This could also involve 1hour breaks sitting at a cafe people watching .......We love history/traditions/culture/architecture, but not too big on art (read: yes old churches/ruins/old buildings, but no art museums haha). Want to really hit the big tourist attractions, but the same time plan to save money by doing self-guided sightseeing/ free walking tours.
Since there are four of us, and the older women may be more comfortable with some degree of privacy, I have been looking at airbnb private apartments at each location; each location seems to have plenty of options and split among 4 comes out comparable to many hostels; 30-40usd per night per person).
1. I am thinking of flying NYC- Lisbon July 11, arriving on 12, (~390usd) and spending 3-4 nights, July 12-15/16 (the airfare to Lisbon was one of the cheapest I could find, and transportation to other Euro cities seems to be convenient from there).
2. After Lisbon, I was thinking Barcelona. LIS to BCN July 15 (~100usd), spending 4 nights, leaving July 19.
3. After Barcelona, flight to Rome July 19 (~60usd), spending 5 nights, leaving July 24.
4. After Rome, transport to Naples July 24, leaving July 26.
5. Naples back to NYC July 26 (~650usd).
Thoughts? It seems this itinerary gives me good time in 3 major cities in 3 countries while not involving too much transportation cost in between.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 바둑이 룰 ▶ 홈피:≫kxc551.com≪추천인:지퍼
- 2 현금바둑이 ▼ 접속 :≫kxc551.com≪추천인:지퍼
- 3 Vacation
- 4 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 5 Where to go!?
- 6 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 7 바둑이사이트 ≪ 접속주소 :≫kxc551.com≪추천인:지퍼
- 8 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 9 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 10 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 11 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 12 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 13 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 14 Walking itinerary in England?
- 15 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 16 Dog friendly hotels
- 17 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 18 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 19 Cambridge in May
- 20 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 21 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 22 No Periods in British Written English!
- 23 Self drive tour companies
- 24 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 25 Madrid/Lisbon
2week trip: Lisbon, Barcelona, Rome, Naples... Good itinerary/idea?