Hopefully I can get some affirmation that my current plan is good to go.
I, male age26, will be traveling July 11-26 with 3 others; one male, two females ages 45-50. (exact dates are flexible, e.g. 10-25 or 10-26, but ~2weeks total nonetheless). We are coming from NYC area so want to minimize airfare cost to and from Europe (flights appear reasonable into Lisbon and out of Naples).
About us: All speak English and Spanish. We do not mind some physical strain from sightseeing/walking, but do want some R&R at some point. I was thinking this could be had by visiting the beaches in Lisbon 1 day, and perhaps one 1/2 day while in Barcelona. This could also involve 1hour breaks sitting at a cafe people watching .......We love history/traditions/culture/architecture, but not too big on art (read: yes old churches/ruins/old buildings, but no art museums haha). Want to really hit the big tourist attractions, but the same time plan to save money by doing self-guided sightseeing/ free walking tours.
Since there are four of us, and the older women may be more comfortable with some degree of privacy, I have been looking at airbnb private apartments at each location; each location seems to have plenty of options and split among 4 comes out comparable to many hostels; 30-40usd per night per person).
1. I am thinking of flying NYC- Lisbon July 11, arriving on 12, (~390usd) and spending 3-4 nights, July 12-15/16 (the airfare to Lisbon was one of the cheapest I could find, and transportation to other Euro cities seems to be convenient from there).
2. After Lisbon, I was thinking Barcelona. LIS to BCN July 15 (~100usd), spending 4 nights, leaving July 19.
3. After Barcelona, flight to Rome July 19 (~60usd), spending 5 nights, leaving July 24.
4. After Rome, transport to Naples July 24, leaving July 26.
5. Naples back to NYC July 26 (~650usd).
Thoughts? It seems this itinerary gives me good time in 3 major cities in 3 countries while not involving too much transportation cost in between.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Eastern Europe Summer 2017 Itinerary + Mykonos Break
- 2 One quick week -- where in France?
- 3 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 4 French lavender and cottages
- 5 Brugge or Ghent?
- 6 Budapest on a budget
- 7 easy daytrip from Firenze (without car)
- 8 Major quake in central Itay
- 9 Which European country to visit in November? Spain/Italy/France?
- 10 Underground between kings Cross and Waterloo Main Line Station
- 11 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 12 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 13 suggestions needed: Seville--> Cadiz/Conil/...
- 14 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 15 Private Guide for Anhambra in Granada
- 16 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 17 Road trip from Rome to Orvieto and perugia
- 18 3 days with a Swindon base
- 19 Colosseum, roman forum and palatine ticket and tour
- 20 Bead Tours in Jablonec?
- 21 What Greek islands should I visit
- 22 baltic capitals
- 23 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?
- 24 http://www.newhealthprograms.com/neuphoric-skin
- 25 Stockholm & Copenhagen - 7 Nights early Sep
2week trip: Lisbon, Barcelona, Rome, Naples... Good itinerary/idea?