Hopefully I can get some affirmation that my current plan is good to go.
I, male age26, will be traveling July 11-26 with 3 others; one male, two females ages 45-50. (exact dates are flexible, e.g. 10-25 or 10-26, but ~2weeks total nonetheless). We are coming from NYC area so want to minimize airfare cost to and from Europe (flights appear reasonable into Lisbon and out of Naples).
About us: All speak English and Spanish. We do not mind some physical strain from sightseeing/walking, but do want some R&R at some point. I was thinking this could be had by visiting the beaches in Lisbon 1 day, and perhaps one 1/2 day while in Barcelona. This could also involve 1hour breaks sitting at a cafe people watching .......We love history/traditions/culture/architecture, but not too big on art (read: yes old churches/ruins/old buildings, but no art museums haha). Want to really hit the big tourist attractions, but the same time plan to save money by doing self-guided sightseeing/ free walking tours.
Since there are four of us, and the older women may be more comfortable with some degree of privacy, I have been looking at airbnb private apartments at each location; each location seems to have plenty of options and split among 4 comes out comparable to many hostels; 30-40usd per night per person).
1. I am thinking of flying NYC- Lisbon July 11, arriving on 12, (~390usd) and spending 3-4 nights, July 12-15/16 (the airfare to Lisbon was one of the cheapest I could find, and transportation to other Euro cities seems to be convenient from there).
2. After Lisbon, I was thinking Barcelona. LIS to BCN July 15 (~100usd), spending 4 nights, leaving July 19.
3. After Barcelona, flight to Rome July 19 (~60usd), spending 5 nights, leaving July 24.
4. After Rome, transport to Naples July 24, leaving July 26.
5. Naples back to NYC July 26 (~650usd).
Thoughts? It seems this itinerary gives me good time in 3 major cities in 3 countries while not involving too much transportation cost in between.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 2 What one thing in Paris?
- 3 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 4 Paris Under Seige...
- 5 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 6 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 7 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 8 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 9 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 10 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 11 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 12 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 13 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 14 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 15 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 16 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 17 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 18 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 19 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 20 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 21 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 22 Help with Itineray Central Europe
- 23 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 24 Britain Has Over 600 Red Lion Pubs...What is a Red Lion?
- 25 Global Travel Warning...
2week trip: Lisbon, Barcelona, Rome, Naples... Good itinerary/idea?