I hope you can assist me. I am planning (way in advance) a trip to Ireland. I've only ever spent the day in Dublin once before. This time around I would like to see more of the countryside. I don't have any set dates yet but was looking at spending two or three days there. I am aware that its not a lot of time but I want to find out (and please excuse my ignorance) which city/town is the better option to capture the true essence of Ireland? I want to stay over in one or two places and perhaps venture out during the day and see the sights.
I will most likely be coming from Liverpool as I will be visiting family that side.
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 2 Revised itinerary for italy
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 5 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 6 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 7 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 8 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 9 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 10 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 11 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 12 Juangfrau / mt
- 13 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 14 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 15 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 16 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 17 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 18 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 19 Switzerland
- 20 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 21 Questions about Polish sights
- 22 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 23 If you had to choose one......
- 24 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 25 Ireland travel passport question