A little background.
I will be 30 next year. Traveling with my husband. He has never been overseas. I have never been to Europe as an adult - went with family when I was 12... mainly London and Greece. My initial plan was option One however family are saying I should add Athens and Greek islands (My background is Greek) and hence Option 2. I like Option 1 but at the same time, I don't know how long it will be before I return to Europe as it's an expensive destination and well it took me until 30 to be in the position to go. I'm from Melbourne- Australia so it's not a quick flight or weekend away like for people living in the UK.
Trip Dates: Not Flexible (haven't been booked). Leaving 1st of September (at night) arriving Europe 2nd of September. Must leave 30th of September
My interests: Architecture, Culture, Views/countryside, Beaches/Lakes I can swim/sail in, Adventure, Food. *Not really into nightlife*
Leave: Thursday 1st of September and arrive in Spain Barcelona Friday 2nd of September
Spain– (Total 8 nights)
Barcelona: Land 2nd of September - (rest day estimated arrival 2pm)
3rd - Explore Barcelona
4th - Explore Barcelona
5th - Go via train - day trip to Montserrat Monastery
6th - Explore Barcelona
7th - Explore Barcelona
8th - Rent a car. Drive 1.5hours to Costa Brava. Explore Besalu and Dali museum.
9th - Costa Brava - a whole day in the water- kayaking
10th- Check out and drive to Barcelona airport and drop car off. FLY to Rom
Fly from Barcelona to Italy - Rome (2 hours direct flight) on 10th of September.
Italy – (total 10 nights)
Rome (4 nights/3.5 days)– Arrive 10th,
11th - Explore Rome
12th - Explore Vatican City
13th - Explore Rome
14th checkout 14th. Train to next city – Verona (rent a car from or near train station and drive to Lake Garda)
Lake Garda (4 nights)- arrive 14th
15th - Amusement Park in Lake Garda
16th - Canyoning adventure in Lake Garda
17th - Lake Garda - Malcesine - Monte Baldo Cableway
18th - check out. Drive 45mins to Verona. Get on Train to Venice.
Venice – Arrive 18th
Venice - 19th (leave 19th late at night)
(flight to Paris – 2 hours plus 2 hours at airport) (2 nights in Venice)
France – (Total 5 nights)
Paris –Arrive on the 19th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd 24th checkout 25th of Paris.
Train to Belgium (5 nights) - 3 hours
25th - Arrive in Bruge before noon.
26th - Bruge
27th- Bruge or day trip to Ghent
28th - Train to Brussels (1 hour)/ Explore Brussels
29th - Brussels
30th - check out and airport. Need to be on afternoon flight... so can't do much on or anything this day.
Athens - 2nd Aririve. Fly to Island
Naxos or Mykanos– 2nd, 3rd, 4th 5th
6th - Athens (half day)
7th- Athens and checkout 8th
Fly from Athens to Rome – (2 hours flight + 2 hours at airport
(4 nights in Rome)
Arrive 8th - Explore Rome
9th - Rome
10th - Vatican City
11th - Rome
12th (train to Verona)
Drive to Lake Garda (45minutes)
Lake Garda – (3 nights)
12th - Lake Garda
13th - Canyoning in Lake Garda
14th - Amusement Park in Lake Garda
15th - drop car off at Verona train station and then take the train to Venice
15th - Venice (1 night)
16th - checkout Venice.
Fly to Brussels- Belgium- (Total 5 nights)
16th - Brussels (Arrive evening)
17th - Brussels
Train to Bruges (1 hour train from Brussels to Bruge)
18th - Bruge
19th - Bruge
20th- Bruge (day trip to Ghent maybe)
21st - Check out train to Paris
Paris –Arrive on the 21st,
22nd - Paris
23rd - Paris
24th - Paris
Fly to Barcelona. (5 nights in Barcelona)
25th- Barcelona (half day)
26th - Barcelona
27th - day trip to the Montserrat Monastery
28th - Barcelona
29th - Barcelona
Leave 30th and fly to Melbourne
I feel like Option 2 is a little rushed, what does everybody think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 4 Driving in Italy
- 5 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 6 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 7 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 8 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 9 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 10 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017
- 11 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 12 Paris to Bordeaux
- 13 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 14 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 15 Andalucia Spain
- 16 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 17 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 18 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 19 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 20 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 21 Barcelona - places to stay
- 22 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 23 Christmas Markets 2017
- 24 Language to use in Belgium
- 25 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
A little background.