I've decided to join the last 3 weeks of my wifes' maternity leave, and we'll travel to southern france. We'll arrive at Marsailli at 15.5, and will depart from Geneva @ the 5.6. We'll be a 33 years old couple with a 2.5 month old baby, and we'll travel with a car.
The last five days of the trip are finalized - we'll stay with Friends at Chamonix. We'll appreciate your inputs for the rest of it. We thought of the following itinerary -
1. ~6 days in St. Remi or nearby village - exploring the provence area.
2. 3-4 days in Grenoble or nearby.
3. 5 - 6 days in Annecy area.
4. 5 days in Chamonix [ closed].
As we'll be traveling with a baby, we want to minimize the places we sleep in, and prefer to go for short day trips - nothing too challenging, looking for nice scenery, short walks, towns and villages. Note that the Cannes festival will be at this time, so we believe it isn't a good idea to visit this area.
What do you think? Does the 'split' between locations make sense? Should we add another location at 'eastern' provence area?
We'll be very happy for any input, and recommendations for villages to be based on.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 alItalia
- 2 How to spend 3 days btwn Milan and Florence
- 3 Ottolenghi walk-ins?
- 4 Visit to Engand
- 5 13 nights in Portugal...need tuning !
- 6 Trip in September
- 7 Advice getting from Robin Hood's Bay to London
- 8 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 9 Which city order makes most sense?
- 10 10 days in Germany, Itinerary help please!
- 11 London Restaurants
- 12 Munich Hotel Location
- 13 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 14 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 15 Clean up spam
- 16 Croatia - Zadar or Hvar or Korcula?
- 17 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 18 credit and debit cards
- 19 Munich,Prague, CK, Salzburg, Vienna
- 20 Is Sicily Safe?
- 21 Hurtigruten port suggestion
- 22 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 23 Family Friendly Day Trips from Arezzo
- 24 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 25 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please