I've decided to join the last 3 weeks of my wifes' maternity leave, and we'll travel to southern france. We'll arrive at Marsailli at 15.5, and will depart from Geneva @ the 5.6. We'll be a 33 years old couple with a 2.5 month old baby, and we'll travel with a car.
The last five days of the trip are finalized - we'll stay with Friends at Chamonix. We'll appreciate your inputs for the rest of it. We thought of the following itinerary -
1. ~6 days in St. Remi or nearby village - exploring the provence area.
2. 3-4 days in Grenoble or nearby.
3. 5 - 6 days in Annecy area.
4. 5 days in Chamonix [ closed].
As we'll be traveling with a baby, we want to minimize the places we sleep in, and prefer to go for short day trips - nothing too challenging, looking for nice scenery, short walks, towns and villages. Note that the Cannes festival will be at this time, so we believe it isn't a good idea to visit this area.
What do you think? Does the 'split' between locations make sense? Should we add another location at 'eastern' provence area?
We'll be very happy for any input, and recommendations for villages to be based on.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich and....???
- 2 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 3 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 4 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 5 Spanish Medical Providers
- 6 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 7 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 8 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 9 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 10 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 11 Can parking
- 12 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 13 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 14 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 15 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 16 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 17 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 18 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 19 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 20 Driving through Paris
- 21 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 22 San Sebastián
- 23 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 24 italy Cinque Terre
- 25 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald