I've decided to join the last 3 weeks of my wifes' maternity leave, and we'll travel to southern france. We'll arrive at Marsailli at 15.5, and will depart from Geneva @ the 5.6. We'll be a 33 years old couple with a 2.5 month old baby, and we'll travel with a car.
The last five days of the trip are finalized - we'll stay with Friends at Chamonix. We'll appreciate your inputs for the rest of it. We thought of the following itinerary -
1. ~6 days in St. Remi or nearby village - exploring the provence area.
2. 3-4 days in Grenoble or nearby.
3. 5 - 6 days in Annecy area.
4. 5 days in Chamonix [ closed].
As we'll be traveling with a baby, we want to minimize the places we sleep in, and prefer to go for short day trips - nothing too challenging, looking for nice scenery, short walks, towns and villages. Note that the Cannes festival will be at this time, so we believe it isn't a good idea to visit this area.
What do you think? Does the 'split' between locations make sense? Should we add another location at 'eastern' provence area?
We'll be very happy for any input, and recommendations for villages to be based on.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany train help!
- 2 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 3 Train help for Prague
- 4 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 5 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 6 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 7 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 8 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 9 Athens
- 10 Spain in July
- 11 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 12 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 13 Transportation from Brno train station
- 14 Budapest & Prague
- 15 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 16 Swiss Travel Pass
- 17 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 18 10 days in Paris and......
- 19 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 20 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 21 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 22 Paris day trips August
- 23 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 24 Petrol in Greece
- 25 Where to enjoy Paris