Hello, I am planning a family vacation in Europe from 12/17/2011 to 1/4/2012. We (me, wife and 2 teenagers) will flight in and out Paris. This is our first trip to Europe. We want to see historical sites, buildings, museums, scenery and to experience European cultural. We plan to spend the first couple days in Paris, then travel to other cities and return to Paris on 12/31 to spend new year in Paris. Many posts in this forum suggested to visit big cities in winter. Our initial pick of cities include Paris, Lyon, Nice, Rome, Venice and Florence. Will it be too many cities in 2.5 weeks? Do you have other suggestions for which cities to visit in France or around France in winter? Thank you in advance for your suggestions and help.
2.5 weeks in France and Europe during Christmas and New Year
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 2 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 3 where to buy a LV bag?
- 4 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 5 Please help with itinerary for 18 days in Italy.
- 6 Santorini accomodations and more for a couple and baby
- 7 Help with a small island in Greece
- 8 things in Rhonda
- 9 Italy-Croatia-Istanbul
- 10 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 11 A full week in The Netherlands
- 12 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 13 A weekend in Europe--where to go?
- 14 Favorite Views of Paris?
- 15 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 16 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 17 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 18 Confusing Care rental in Italy Continued . . . Locauto?
- 19 Which hotel in Lisbon?
- 20 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 21 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 22 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 23 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 24 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 25 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...