Hello, I am planning a family vacation in Europe from 12/17/2011 to 1/4/2012. We (me, wife and 2 teenagers) will flight in and out Paris. This is our first trip to Europe. We want to see historical sites, buildings, museums, scenery and to experience European cultural. We plan to spend the first couple days in Paris, then travel to other cities and return to Paris on 12/31 to spend new year in Paris. Many posts in this forum suggested to visit big cities in winter. Our initial pick of cities include Paris, Lyon, Nice, Rome, Venice and Florence. Will it be too many cities in 2.5 weeks? Do you have other suggestions for which cities to visit in France or around France in winter? Thank you in advance for your suggestions and help.
2.5 weeks in France and Europe during Christmas and New Year
View all Europe activity »
- 1 To Paris and Provence in June
- 2 TGV and Provence questions
- 3 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 4 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 5 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 6 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 7 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 8 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 9 More help with housing in Puglia
- 10 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 11 Chambermaid tipping
- 12 Euro Train
- 13 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 14 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 15 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 16 Rome Accommodation
- 17 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 18 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 19 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 20 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 21 Italian Lakes gardens
- 22 London for Christmas
- 23 Garmisch, Nuremberg and Munich Nov trip
- 24 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 25 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?