Hello, I am planning a family vacation in Europe from 12/17/2011 to 1/4/2012. We (me, wife and 2 teenagers) will flight in and out Paris. This is our first trip to Europe. We want to see historical sites, buildings, museums, scenery and to experience European cultural. We plan to spend the first couple days in Paris, then travel to other cities and return to Paris on 12/31 to spend new year in Paris. Many posts in this forum suggested to visit big cities in winter. Our initial pick of cities include Paris, Lyon, Nice, Rome, Venice and Florence. Will it be too many cities in 2.5 weeks? Do you have other suggestions for which cities to visit in France or around France in winter? Thank you in advance for your suggestions and help.
2.5 weeks in France and Europe during Christmas and New Year
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 2 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 3 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 4 Madrid and London
- 5 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 6 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 7 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 8 Unique Venice Activity
- 9 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 10 Chip but no PIN
- 11 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 12 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 13 Excursions from Dubrovnik--wine/olive oil tasting, sailing/boat tours
- 14 car rental advice in Portugal
- 15 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 16 What to wear
- 17 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 18 Small group for Colosseum
- 19 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 20 Lofoten ferry
- 21 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 22 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 23 Duoro river cruises
- 24 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 25 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions