Hello, I am planning a family vacation in Europe from 12/17/2011 to 1/4/2012. We (me, wife and 2 teenagers) will flight in and out Paris. This is our first trip to Europe. We want to see historical sites, buildings, museums, scenery and to experience European cultural. We plan to spend the first couple days in Paris, then travel to other cities and return to Paris on 12/31 to spend new year in Paris. Many posts in this forum suggested to visit big cities in winter. Our initial pick of cities include Paris, Lyon, Nice, Rome, Venice and Florence. Will it be too many cities in 2.5 weeks? Do you have other suggestions for which cities to visit in France or around France in winter? Thank you in advance for your suggestions and help.
2.5 weeks in France and Europe during Christmas and New Year
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 2 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 3 Madrid to Sevilla
- 4 To Paris and Provence in June
- 5 London at Easter
- 6 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 7 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 8 Prague - must see
- 9 Travel by train or bus
- 10 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 11 Car in Prague
- 12 Which travel plan?
- 13 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 14 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 15 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 16 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 17 Family European winter holiday
- 18 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 19 Planning a holiday
- 20 Rome itinerary check over New Years....comments?? suggestions??
- 21 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 22 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 23 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 24 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 25 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23