Im in the initial stages of planning a 2.5 month holiday to Europe from Australia. This will be our (my wife and I) first trip to Europe so we are looking at getting a bit of a taste of what Europe has to offer.
We are looking to travel from the 21st of March through to the 6th of June. The current draft looks like this.
6 nights in Rome
3 nights in Florence
3 nights in the Tuscan countryside. (will hire a car to see the countryside)
2 nights in Venice
2 nights in Milan
2 nights in Nice
6 nights in southern France (split between Avignon and Aix en Provence, will hire a car for this region)
5 nights in Barcelona
2 nights in Bilbao
2 nights in San Sebastian
5 nights in Paris
4 nights in the Loire Valley (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Reims
4 nights in Brussels
4 nights in Amsterdam
4 nights in Berlin
3 nights in Prague
2 nights in Nuremberg
1 night in Rothernburg (will hire a car for this portion)
1 night in Augsburg (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Fussen (will hire a car for this portion)
3 nights in Munich
3 nights in Salzburg
3 nights in Vienna
2 nights in Dubai
We have tried to get a mixture of big cities and smaller towns/cities. Also have tried to break things up with the hiring of cars to slow down the pace and explore an area a little more in depth.
Will be travelling by train for majority of the trip with planes for the longer moves (to Barcelona, Bilbao, Paris, Berlin)
Any advice on the initial itinerary would be appreciated.
2.5 month trip to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 2 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 3 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 4 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 5 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 6 Italy through locals eyes
- 7 Lagos or Portimao better base to stay
- 8 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 9 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 10 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 11 Norway and maybe Denmark
- 12 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 13 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 14 Apartment rental in Barcelona
- 15 Advice please...
- 16 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 17 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 18 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 19 Paris in black and white
- 20 Two Sisters-in-law in Italy
- 21 Wineries open on Saturdays in October
- 22 Hey Fodor's
- 23 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 24 Apartment rental agencies in Barcelona
- 25 Douro cruise in last week of November?