Im in the initial stages of planning a 2.5 month holiday to Europe from Australia. This will be our (my wife and I) first trip to Europe so we are looking at getting a bit of a taste of what Europe has to offer.
We are looking to travel from the 21st of March through to the 6th of June. The current draft looks like this.
6 nights in Rome
3 nights in Florence
3 nights in the Tuscan countryside. (will hire a car to see the countryside)
2 nights in Venice
2 nights in Milan
2 nights in Nice
6 nights in southern France (split between Avignon and Aix en Provence, will hire a car for this region)
5 nights in Barcelona
2 nights in Bilbao
2 nights in San Sebastian
5 nights in Paris
4 nights in the Loire Valley (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Reims
4 nights in Brussels
4 nights in Amsterdam
4 nights in Berlin
3 nights in Prague
2 nights in Nuremberg
1 night in Rothernburg (will hire a car for this portion)
1 night in Augsburg (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Fussen (will hire a car for this portion)
3 nights in Munich
3 nights in Salzburg
3 nights in Vienna
2 nights in Dubai
We have tried to get a mixture of big cities and smaller towns/cities. Also have tried to break things up with the hiring of cars to slow down the pace and explore an area a little more in depth.
Will be travelling by train for majority of the trip with planes for the longer moves (to Barcelona, Bilbao, Paris, Berlin)
Any advice on the initial itinerary would be appreciated.
2.5 month trip to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 2 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 3 Help with another Sicily itinerary (15 nights)
- 4 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 5 Overnight Layover in Berlin
- 6 Train from Sarlat
- 7 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 8 Naples to Milan, train or plane?
- 9 Norway in June with parents.
- 10 Help with tour of Norway please.
- 11 Living and Studying in Moscow Russia
- 12 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 13 Airb2b in Paris
- 14 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 15 La Vacanza (quasi) perfetta - Rome and Barcelona Trip Report
- 16 ATM cards in Spain - need chip or not?
- 17 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 18 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 19 Trains Austria
- 20 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 21 Colmar, France - What do do for family visit?
- 22 April in Madrid
- 23 What happens to check in bag if I leave country in transit (Germany)
- 24 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 25 How many days to stay in Madrid? (1st time travel to there..)