Im in the initial stages of planning a 2.5 month holiday to Europe from Australia. This will be our (my wife and I) first trip to Europe so we are looking at getting a bit of a taste of what Europe has to offer.
We are looking to travel from the 21st of March through to the 6th of June. The current draft looks like this.
6 nights in Rome
3 nights in Florence
3 nights in the Tuscan countryside. (will hire a car to see the countryside)
2 nights in Venice
2 nights in Milan
2 nights in Nice
6 nights in southern France (split between Avignon and Aix en Provence, will hire a car for this region)
5 nights in Barcelona
2 nights in Bilbao
2 nights in San Sebastian
5 nights in Paris
4 nights in the Loire Valley (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Reims
4 nights in Brussels
4 nights in Amsterdam
4 nights in Berlin
3 nights in Prague
2 nights in Nuremberg
1 night in Rothernburg (will hire a car for this portion)
1 night in Augsburg (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Fussen (will hire a car for this portion)
3 nights in Munich
3 nights in Salzburg
3 nights in Vienna
2 nights in Dubai
We have tried to get a mixture of big cities and smaller towns/cities. Also have tried to break things up with the hiring of cars to slow down the pace and explore an area a little more in depth.
Will be travelling by train for majority of the trip with planes for the longer moves (to Barcelona, Bilbao, Paris, Berlin)
Any advice on the initial itinerary would be appreciated.
2.5 month trip to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Paris to Avignon
- 2 Provence to Toulouse: Trip Planning Help Needed
- 3 Rome Itinerary -- done my homework, please comment
- 4 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 5 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 6 Does ticket to Delacroix allow entry to Louvre?
- 7 Any trouble using credit card on Bono Turistico Granada website?
- 8 Saone River Burgundy self-drive barge need itinerary
- 9 Help plan my honeymoon! Northern Spain, and/or Lisbon or Bordeaux
- 10 Belgium - Amsterdam - Dusseldorf
- 11 How would you spend 4 nights/3days on Lake Como?
- 12 UK's 6 month tourist visa
- 13 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 14 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 15 First Time in Italy 12-14 Days
- 16 Slow, south of france with a baby, a five year old and no driving
- 17 Suggestions for my Andalucia Itinerary
- 18 Prague to Dubrovnik Itinerary Suggestions wanted
- 19 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 20 First time in Ireland...have just 5 days to see a lot! Need advice
- 21 Como Lake for Easter weekend - is a rental car worthwhile?
- 22 Itinerary Help- 12 day trip to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague
- 23 Any Pros Out There on Sending FedEx from Italy to U.S.?
- 24 Hotels in old Rome
- 25 Car rental at Athens airport