Im in the initial stages of planning a 2.5 month holiday to Europe from Australia. This will be our (my wife and I) first trip to Europe so we are looking at getting a bit of a taste of what Europe has to offer.
We are looking to travel from the 21st of March through to the 6th of June. The current draft looks like this.
6 nights in Rome
3 nights in Florence
3 nights in the Tuscan countryside. (will hire a car to see the countryside)
2 nights in Venice
2 nights in Milan
2 nights in Nice
6 nights in southern France (split between Avignon and Aix en Provence, will hire a car for this region)
5 nights in Barcelona
2 nights in Bilbao
2 nights in San Sebastian
5 nights in Paris
4 nights in the Loire Valley (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Reims
4 nights in Brussels
4 nights in Amsterdam
4 nights in Berlin
3 nights in Prague
2 nights in Nuremberg
1 night in Rothernburg (will hire a car for this portion)
1 night in Augsburg (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Fussen (will hire a car for this portion)
3 nights in Munich
3 nights in Salzburg
3 nights in Vienna
2 nights in Dubai
We have tried to get a mixture of big cities and smaller towns/cities. Also have tried to break things up with the hiring of cars to slow down the pace and explore an area a little more in depth.
Will be travelling by train for majority of the trip with planes for the longer moves (to Barcelona, Bilbao, Paris, Berlin)
Any advice on the initial itinerary would be appreciated.
2.5 month trip to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 2 Venice Banning Fodors
- 3 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 4 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 5 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 6 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 7 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 8 4-6 weeks
- 9 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 10 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 11 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 12 France, Italy and Greec
- 13 Rome---August and September
- 14 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 15 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 16 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 17 South of France November Trip Report
- 18 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 19 Clearsky Holidays
- 20 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 21 Suggestions for too many days in Milan
- 22 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 23 Luggage sizing
- 24 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 25 Madrid - Bernina Express