Im in the initial stages of planning a 2.5 month holiday to Europe from Australia. This will be our (my wife and I) first trip to Europe so we are looking at getting a bit of a taste of what Europe has to offer.
We are looking to travel from the 21st of March through to the 6th of June. The current draft looks like this.
6 nights in Rome
3 nights in Florence
3 nights in the Tuscan countryside. (will hire a car to see the countryside)
2 nights in Venice
2 nights in Milan
2 nights in Nice
6 nights in southern France (split between Avignon and Aix en Provence, will hire a car for this region)
5 nights in Barcelona
2 nights in Bilbao
2 nights in San Sebastian
5 nights in Paris
4 nights in the Loire Valley (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Reims
4 nights in Brussels
4 nights in Amsterdam
4 nights in Berlin
3 nights in Prague
2 nights in Nuremberg
1 night in Rothernburg (will hire a car for this portion)
1 night in Augsburg (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Fussen (will hire a car for this portion)
3 nights in Munich
3 nights in Salzburg
3 nights in Vienna
2 nights in Dubai
We have tried to get a mixture of big cities and smaller towns/cities. Also have tried to break things up with the hiring of cars to slow down the pace and explore an area a little more in depth.
Will be travelling by train for majority of the trip with planes for the longer moves (to Barcelona, Bilbao, Paris, Berlin)
Any advice on the initial itinerary would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 2 Chur or St Moritz?
- 3 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 4 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 5 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 6 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 7 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 8 Europe First Timers
- 9 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 10 Athens Help
- 11 Safety in Rome
- 12 Uber vs. TfL
- 13 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 14 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 15 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 16 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 17 Apartment Montreux area
- 18 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 19 Crete Holiday
- 20 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 21 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 22 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 23 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 24 Greek Village
- 25 One free day in Barcelona