Im in the initial stages of planning a 2.5 month holiday to Europe from Australia. This will be our (my wife and I) first trip to Europe so we are looking at getting a bit of a taste of what Europe has to offer.
We are looking to travel from the 21st of March through to the 6th of June. The current draft looks like this.
6 nights in Rome
3 nights in Florence
3 nights in the Tuscan countryside. (will hire a car to see the countryside)
2 nights in Venice
2 nights in Milan
2 nights in Nice
6 nights in southern France (split between Avignon and Aix en Provence, will hire a car for this region)
5 nights in Barcelona
2 nights in Bilbao
2 nights in San Sebastian
5 nights in Paris
4 nights in the Loire Valley (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Reims
4 nights in Brussels
4 nights in Amsterdam
4 nights in Berlin
3 nights in Prague
2 nights in Nuremberg
1 night in Rothernburg (will hire a car for this portion)
1 night in Augsburg (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Fussen (will hire a car for this portion)
3 nights in Munich
3 nights in Salzburg
3 nights in Vienna
2 nights in Dubai
We have tried to get a mixture of big cities and smaller towns/cities. Also have tried to break things up with the hiring of cars to slow down the pace and explore an area a little more in depth.
Will be travelling by train for majority of the trip with planes for the longer moves (to Barcelona, Bilbao, Paris, Berlin)
Any advice on the initial itinerary would be appreciated.
2.5 month trip to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Western Mediterranean Honeymoon Cruise Leaving from Barcelona
- 2 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 3 Mother daughter London/Ireland trip
- 4 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 5 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 6 Grindelwald vs Lauterbrunnen vs Wengen on November
- 7 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 8 South of Switzerland
- 9 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 10 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 11 Home Base in Belgium
- 12 France and Italy 15 nights. Suggestions welcomed.
- 13 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 14 Rocamaxour
- 15 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 16 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 17 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 18 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 19 Itinerary for Spain
- 20 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 21 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 22 Berlin to Prague via Dresden
- 23 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 24 2 different itineraries
- 25 Recommend a tour company?