Im in the initial stages of planning a 2.5 month holiday to Europe from Australia. This will be our (my wife and I) first trip to Europe so we are looking at getting a bit of a taste of what Europe has to offer.
We are looking to travel from the 21st of March through to the 6th of June. The current draft looks like this.
6 nights in Rome
3 nights in Florence
3 nights in the Tuscan countryside. (will hire a car to see the countryside)
2 nights in Venice
2 nights in Milan
2 nights in Nice
6 nights in southern France (split between Avignon and Aix en Provence, will hire a car for this region)
5 nights in Barcelona
2 nights in Bilbao
2 nights in San Sebastian
5 nights in Paris
4 nights in the Loire Valley (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Reims
4 nights in Brussels
4 nights in Amsterdam
4 nights in Berlin
3 nights in Prague
2 nights in Nuremberg
1 night in Rothernburg (will hire a car for this portion)
1 night in Augsburg (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Fussen (will hire a car for this portion)
3 nights in Munich
3 nights in Salzburg
3 nights in Vienna
2 nights in Dubai
We have tried to get a mixture of big cities and smaller towns/cities. Also have tried to break things up with the hiring of cars to slow down the pace and explore an area a little more in depth.
Will be travelling by train for majority of the trip with planes for the longer moves (to Barcelona, Bilbao, Paris, Berlin)
Any advice on the initial itinerary would be appreciated.
2.5 month trip to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 2 White Villages base?
- 3 10 days to Explore Europe
- 4 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 5 German Rail Twin Pass
- 6 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 7 How much luggage?????
- 8 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 9 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 10 Need advice please. First time visiting France next year
- 11 Help with France itinerary
- 12 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 13 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 14 ITALO trains need help
- 15 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 16 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 17 Cornwall or Paris?
- 18 plug adapters ITALY
- 19 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 20 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 21 Naples to Paris to Barcelona in November
- 22 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 23 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 24 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 25 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?