Im in the initial stages of planning a 2.5 month holiday to Europe from Australia. This will be our (my wife and I) first trip to Europe so we are looking at getting a bit of a taste of what Europe has to offer.
We are looking to travel from the 21st of March through to the 6th of June. The current draft looks like this.
6 nights in Rome
3 nights in Florence
3 nights in the Tuscan countryside. (will hire a car to see the countryside)
2 nights in Venice
2 nights in Milan
2 nights in Nice
6 nights in southern France (split between Avignon and Aix en Provence, will hire a car for this region)
5 nights in Barcelona
2 nights in Bilbao
2 nights in San Sebastian
5 nights in Paris
4 nights in the Loire Valley (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Reims
4 nights in Brussels
4 nights in Amsterdam
4 nights in Berlin
3 nights in Prague
2 nights in Nuremberg
1 night in Rothernburg (will hire a car for this portion)
1 night in Augsburg (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Fussen (will hire a car for this portion)
3 nights in Munich
3 nights in Salzburg
3 nights in Vienna
2 nights in Dubai
We have tried to get a mixture of big cities and smaller towns/cities. Also have tried to break things up with the hiring of cars to slow down the pace and explore an area a little more in depth.
Will be travelling by train for majority of the trip with planes for the longer moves (to Barcelona, Bilbao, Paris, Berlin)
Any advice on the initial itinerary would be appreciated.
2.5 month trip to Europe
- 1 London for Christmas
- 2 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 3 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 4 To Paris and Provence in June
- 5 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 6 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 7 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 8 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 9 Dawdling Through the Dordogne
- 10 Overnight stopover in London!
- 11 Walking around Barcelona??
- 12 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 13 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 14 Novels set in Greece
- 15 Spain and Portugal
- 16 Three for the road
- 17 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 18 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 19 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 20 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 21 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 22 Help: Lake District & Yorkshire Dales
- 23 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 24 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 25 A very bad experience with Rentalcars