Im in the initial stages of planning a 2.5 month holiday to Europe from Australia. This will be our (my wife and I) first trip to Europe so we are looking at getting a bit of a taste of what Europe has to offer.
We are looking to travel from the 21st of March through to the 6th of June. The current draft looks like this.
6 nights in Rome
3 nights in Florence
3 nights in the Tuscan countryside. (will hire a car to see the countryside)
2 nights in Venice
2 nights in Milan
2 nights in Nice
6 nights in southern France (split between Avignon and Aix en Provence, will hire a car for this region)
5 nights in Barcelona
2 nights in Bilbao
2 nights in San Sebastian
5 nights in Paris
4 nights in the Loire Valley (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Reims
4 nights in Brussels
4 nights in Amsterdam
4 nights in Berlin
3 nights in Prague
2 nights in Nuremberg
1 night in Rothernburg (will hire a car for this portion)
1 night in Augsburg (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Fussen (will hire a car for this portion)
3 nights in Munich
3 nights in Salzburg
3 nights in Vienna
2 nights in Dubai
We have tried to get a mixture of big cities and smaller towns/cities. Also have tried to break things up with the hiring of cars to slow down the pace and explore an area a little more in depth.
Will be travelling by train for majority of the trip with planes for the longer moves (to Barcelona, Bilbao, Paris, Berlin)
Any advice on the initial itinerary would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 2 13 nights in switzerland
- 3 Europe for Beginners
- 4 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 5 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 6 thoughts on my itenerary France and Italy
- 7 Anyone Use the Venezia Unica City Pass?
- 8 Use of Train Tickets
- 9 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 10 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 11 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 12 Short time in Vienna
- 13 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 14 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 15 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 16 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 17 Iceland in January/February
- 18 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 19 Valencia Spain
- 20 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 21 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 22 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 23 Driving from Barcelona to Faro, Portugal
- 24 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 25 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?