Im in the initial stages of planning a 2.5 month holiday to Europe from Australia. This will be our (my wife and I) first trip to Europe so we are looking at getting a bit of a taste of what Europe has to offer.
We are looking to travel from the 21st of March through to the 6th of June. The current draft looks like this.
6 nights in Rome
3 nights in Florence
3 nights in the Tuscan countryside. (will hire a car to see the countryside)
2 nights in Venice
2 nights in Milan
2 nights in Nice
6 nights in southern France (split between Avignon and Aix en Provence, will hire a car for this region)
5 nights in Barcelona
2 nights in Bilbao
2 nights in San Sebastian
5 nights in Paris
4 nights in the Loire Valley (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Reims
4 nights in Brussels
4 nights in Amsterdam
4 nights in Berlin
3 nights in Prague
2 nights in Nuremberg
1 night in Rothernburg (will hire a car for this portion)
1 night in Augsburg (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Fussen (will hire a car for this portion)
3 nights in Munich
3 nights in Salzburg
3 nights in Vienna
2 nights in Dubai
We have tried to get a mixture of big cities and smaller towns/cities. Also have tried to break things up with the hiring of cars to slow down the pace and explore an area a little more in depth.
Will be travelling by train for majority of the trip with planes for the longer moves (to Barcelona, Bilbao, Paris, Berlin)
Any advice on the initial itinerary would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Holding bags in Paris
- 2 Barcelona to south of France
- 3 8 Days in İzmir car rental ? suggestions ?
- 4 Cost comparison b/w Paris and Switzerland(wengen)
- 5 Rugby World Cup - is your team playing?
- 6 Visiting Rungis on October 9, 2015
- 7 Nymphenburg Palace in Munich: how much time to allow?
- 8 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 9 Fall trip to The Netherlands and Belgium
- 10 Trip to France (Provence, Languedoc/Roussillon) - a quick summary
- 11 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 12 15 Days in Italy - Cost breakdown & notes
- 13 England/Scotland In January questions
- 14 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 15 Breakfast by Roman Colosseum Suggestions?
- 16 Tapas in Madrid and other stuff to do
- 17 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 18 Stockholm+Copenhagen or Amsterdam + Ghent + Brugge in July
- 19 Dublin & Stockholm
- 20 Getting from Milan to MXP
- 21 Place to stay in London
- 22 SIXT car rental uk
- 23 Planning first trip to Germany, looking for any recommendations!!!
- 24 Montpillier Car Rental Return Help
- 25 Cornwall and Germany