Im in the initial stages of planning a 2.5 month holiday to Europe from Australia. This will be our (my wife and I) first trip to Europe so we are looking at getting a bit of a taste of what Europe has to offer.
We are looking to travel from the 21st of March through to the 6th of June. The current draft looks like this.
6 nights in Rome
3 nights in Florence
3 nights in the Tuscan countryside. (will hire a car to see the countryside)
2 nights in Venice
2 nights in Milan
2 nights in Nice
6 nights in southern France (split between Avignon and Aix en Provence, will hire a car for this region)
5 nights in Barcelona
2 nights in Bilbao
2 nights in San Sebastian
5 nights in Paris
4 nights in the Loire Valley (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Reims
4 nights in Brussels
4 nights in Amsterdam
4 nights in Berlin
3 nights in Prague
2 nights in Nuremberg
1 night in Rothernburg (will hire a car for this portion)
1 night in Augsburg (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Fussen (will hire a car for this portion)
3 nights in Munich
3 nights in Salzburg
3 nights in Vienna
2 nights in Dubai
We have tried to get a mixture of big cities and smaller towns/cities. Also have tried to break things up with the hiring of cars to slow down the pace and explore an area a little more in depth.
Will be travelling by train for majority of the trip with planes for the longer moves (to Barcelona, Bilbao, Paris, Berlin)
Any advice on the initial itinerary would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where was this photo taken?
- 2 Restaurant recommendation in Lisbon
- 3 St. Paul's Cathedral annual pass
- 4 Email access constantly blocked on international travels
- 5 My summer in Paris
- 6 November in Vienna and ??? : Questions
- 7 Romantic Honeymoon Ideas for Jan end/early Feb 2016 please!
- 8 Has anyone rented a myfi device from All Day Internet?
- 9 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 10 Trip Report: Sailing in Croatia, with a Stop at Wimbledon
- 11 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 12 Amsterdam and beyond
- 13 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 14 Round trip to Bergen question
- 15 Barcelona October 2015
- 16 Advice needed for Greece/Italy trip
- 17 Newbie - seeking any advice
- 18 Trip to Paris and Switzerland.
- 19 Vienna to Weissenkirchen
- 20 Rhine / Mosel Rivers in Germany and Beyond
- 21 Trip Report: Amalfi Coast, Naples & Capri, Italy
- 22 Amsterdam to Alsace
- 23 Traveling to Northern Italy
- 24 Day trips from Cologne
- 25 Italy, Spain and France