Im in the initial stages of planning a 2.5 month holiday to Europe from Australia. This will be our (my wife and I) first trip to Europe so we are looking at getting a bit of a taste of what Europe has to offer.
We are looking to travel from the 21st of March through to the 6th of June. The current draft looks like this.
6 nights in Rome
3 nights in Florence
3 nights in the Tuscan countryside. (will hire a car to see the countryside)
2 nights in Venice
2 nights in Milan
2 nights in Nice
6 nights in southern France (split between Avignon and Aix en Provence, will hire a car for this region)
5 nights in Barcelona
2 nights in Bilbao
2 nights in San Sebastian
5 nights in Paris
4 nights in the Loire Valley (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Reims
4 nights in Brussels
4 nights in Amsterdam
4 nights in Berlin
3 nights in Prague
2 nights in Nuremberg
1 night in Rothernburg (will hire a car for this portion)
1 night in Augsburg (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Fussen (will hire a car for this portion)
3 nights in Munich
3 nights in Salzburg
3 nights in Vienna
2 nights in Dubai
We have tried to get a mixture of big cities and smaller towns/cities. Also have tried to break things up with the hiring of cars to slow down the pace and explore an area a little more in depth.
Will be travelling by train for majority of the trip with planes for the longer moves (to Barcelona, Bilbao, Paris, Berlin)
Any advice on the initial itinerary would be appreciated.
2.5 month trip to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 2 Ireland Itinerary Feedback Please
- 3 Travel & Landscape Photography from around the world
- 4 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 5 Paris-Immersion School in the Dordogne-Languedoc-Aix & Lessons Learned
- 6 Aix-en-Provence to Paris
- 7 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 8 2 Days in Rome
- 9 hiking in northern italy in october
- 10 Skip the line at Vatican museum?
- 11 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 12 need advise on first time travel to Europe
- 13 Amsterdam: the food : tip report day 1
- 14 3 days in Rome
- 15 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 16 First Trip to Europe
- 17 week in calabria
- 18 Globus Tours
- 19 ParisBestLodge Marais Apartment
- 20 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 21 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 22 travel to western Europe from India
- 23 CNN votes Utrecht the worlds best cycling city
- 24 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 25 La Barceloneta Protests.