Im in the initial stages of planning a 2.5 month holiday to Europe from Australia. This will be our (my wife and I) first trip to Europe so we are looking at getting a bit of a taste of what Europe has to offer.
We are looking to travel from the 21st of March through to the 6th of June. The current draft looks like this.
6 nights in Rome
3 nights in Florence
3 nights in the Tuscan countryside. (will hire a car to see the countryside)
2 nights in Venice
2 nights in Milan
2 nights in Nice
6 nights in southern France (split between Avignon and Aix en Provence, will hire a car for this region)
5 nights in Barcelona
2 nights in Bilbao
2 nights in San Sebastian
5 nights in Paris
4 nights in the Loire Valley (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Reims
4 nights in Brussels
4 nights in Amsterdam
4 nights in Berlin
3 nights in Prague
2 nights in Nuremberg
1 night in Rothernburg (will hire a car for this portion)
1 night in Augsburg (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Fussen (will hire a car for this portion)
3 nights in Munich
3 nights in Salzburg
3 nights in Vienna
2 nights in Dubai
We have tried to get a mixture of big cities and smaller towns/cities. Also have tried to break things up with the hiring of cars to slow down the pace and explore an area a little more in depth.
Will be travelling by train for majority of the trip with planes for the longer moves (to Barcelona, Bilbao, Paris, Berlin)
Any advice on the initial itinerary would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 more city to visit in Spain
- 2 Newbie - seeking any advice
- 3 Four days in Amsterdam- What to Do?!
- 4 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 5 Need advice on day trip to Cotswold from London
- 6 British Isles Cruise
- 7 Turkey Quick Trip
- 8 Itinerary Malaga - Tarifa
- 9 Car rental in Oxford, UK
- 10 Milano Linate to Milano Centrale Question
- 11 Romantic Honeymoon Ideas for Jan end/early Feb 2016 please!
- 12 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 13 Trip Report Western Crete, Paros and Naxos 2015
- 14 Need a couple of trail suggestions in Alpe Siusi
- 15 How has Rome changed in last 30 years?
- 16 Sweden and Denmark
- 17 Galleria dell Accademia tickets
- 18 Tell me about the Dupleix Metro stop area of Paris
- 19 Trip to Paris and Switzerland.
- 20 3 weeks northern Italy advice
- 21 Looking for Bicycling info in EU
- 22 Train from Alsace to Cochem
- 23 Barcelona, Seville, Granada Itinerary
- 24 This is Why I Will Always Travel Solo From Now: Trip Report -Rome and Sorrento
- 25 An October day in the Luberon