Im in the initial stages of planning a 2.5 month holiday to Europe from Australia. This will be our (my wife and I) first trip to Europe so we are looking at getting a bit of a taste of what Europe has to offer.
We are looking to travel from the 21st of March through to the 6th of June. The current draft looks like this.
6 nights in Rome
3 nights in Florence
3 nights in the Tuscan countryside. (will hire a car to see the countryside)
2 nights in Venice
2 nights in Milan
2 nights in Nice
6 nights in southern France (split between Avignon and Aix en Provence, will hire a car for this region)
5 nights in Barcelona
2 nights in Bilbao
2 nights in San Sebastian
5 nights in Paris
4 nights in the Loire Valley (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Reims
4 nights in Brussels
4 nights in Amsterdam
4 nights in Berlin
3 nights in Prague
2 nights in Nuremberg
1 night in Rothernburg (will hire a car for this portion)
1 night in Augsburg (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Fussen (will hire a car for this portion)
3 nights in Munich
3 nights in Salzburg
3 nights in Vienna
2 nights in Dubai
We have tried to get a mixture of big cities and smaller towns/cities. Also have tried to break things up with the hiring of cars to slow down the pace and explore an area a little more in depth.
Will be travelling by train for majority of the trip with planes for the longer moves (to Barcelona, Bilbao, Paris, Berlin)
Any advice on the initial itinerary would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 2 Rental car, Germany to Czech Republic
- 3 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 4 Should we go to Vienna?
- 5 Transfer in CDG - claim our baggage & do passport control??
- 6 Munich, salzburg, Vienna & Budapest
- 7 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 8 Pokemon to sleep during the night
- 9 Summer 2017 with Teens and Family
- 10 Venice-Dolomites in 6 days
- 11 Catalonia: 14 days in September
- 12 Visit Uzes from Nimes by bus
- 13 Amsterdam/Indonesian restaurants
- 14 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 15 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 16 Visiting Carcassonne without a car
- 17 Renting a car
- 18 munich - day trips
- 19 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 20 Loire Valley itinerary
- 21 Phone cards
- 22 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 23 Reykjavik Trip Report
- 24 Nuit Blanche in Paris Oct 1st
- 25 Juangfrau / mt