Im in the initial stages of planning a 2.5 month holiday to Europe from Australia. This will be our (my wife and I) first trip to Europe so we are looking at getting a bit of a taste of what Europe has to offer.
We are looking to travel from the 21st of March through to the 6th of June. The current draft looks like this.
6 nights in Rome
3 nights in Florence
3 nights in the Tuscan countryside. (will hire a car to see the countryside)
2 nights in Venice
2 nights in Milan
2 nights in Nice
6 nights in southern France (split between Avignon and Aix en Provence, will hire a car for this region)
5 nights in Barcelona
2 nights in Bilbao
2 nights in San Sebastian
5 nights in Paris
4 nights in the Loire Valley (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Reims
4 nights in Brussels
4 nights in Amsterdam
4 nights in Berlin
3 nights in Prague
2 nights in Nuremberg
1 night in Rothernburg (will hire a car for this portion)
1 night in Augsburg (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Fussen (will hire a car for this portion)
3 nights in Munich
3 nights in Salzburg
3 nights in Vienna
2 nights in Dubai
We have tried to get a mixture of big cities and smaller towns/cities. Also have tried to break things up with the hiring of cars to slow down the pace and explore an area a little more in depth.
Will be travelling by train for majority of the trip with planes for the longer moves (to Barcelona, Bilbao, Paris, Berlin)
Any advice on the initial itinerary would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stroller in Europe
- 2 Take your time to see San Gimignano
- 3 Locauto Yes or No? or Europcar in Pisa
- 4 Rotterdam in 1923
- 5 Xmas windows in London
- 6 Romance written with help from Fodorites
- 7 Quickest and cheapest way to get to Marco Polo from Mogliano Veneto?
- 8 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 9 Wroclaw & Krakow, Poland
- 10 Krakow on Christmas Day?
- 11 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 12 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 13 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 14 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 15 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 16 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 17 Best company/Tour for one day Amalfi Coast from Rome
- 18 Holland/France/Spain
- 19 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 20 FindYourItaly Tour Company Reviews?
- 21 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 22 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 23 Car rental leaving Rome
- 24 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 25 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience