I am looking for some advice on a 2 and a half moth Europe trip i have been planing for a while. Me and my husband are traveling next April, from Australia, for our first BIG overseas trip. I am looking for some advice on where we can improve, We are really trying to find a happy medium between seeing a lot of places and leaving time to soak it all up, If that's even possible . We are planning on using the train/ public transport for most Journeys, however we will get a plane for those over Say 5 hours.
About us: we are a 26 year old couple, who love sport, architecture, and History. We both love the Coastal settings, and i am very keen on wine
6 Nights in Rome
4 Nights in Florence
2 Nights in Venice
1 night in Milan
2 Nights in Lake Como
We will train back to Milan and hire a car and head to Cinque terre and stay the night
From then we have 6 nights with the car to drive along the Italian coast and into the French Rivera followed by Marseille and Avignon.
From Marseille we will fly to Barcelona
3 Nights in Barcelona
2 nights in Madrid
We have then chosen a 5 day tour (through Viator) through the south of Spain (Seville, Cordoba, Toledo, Ronda, Costa del Sol, and Granada.
From the tour leaving us in Madrid we will travel to Bordeaux
2 Nights in Bordeaux
7 Nights in Paris
1 night in Brussels
2 Nights in Brugges
5 Nights in Amsterdam
5 Nights in Berlin
6 Nights in Germany Spare (Still deciding on the exact places to go, ANY IDEAS?????)
4 Nights in Munich
3 Nights in Prague
2 Nights in Innsbruck
2 Nights in Salzburg
3 Nights in Vienna
Any ideas/comments on this itinerary would be very much appreciated.
Kate And Tim
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 2 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 3 Iceland early december visit
- 4 Paris to Italy
- 5 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 6 God Save the Queen?
- 7 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 8 Spanish Medical Providers
- 9 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 10 8 Days in Spain
- 11 9 Days in Spain
- 12 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 15 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 16 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 17 Milan or Turin
- 18 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 19 Barcelona alternative
- 20 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 21 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 22 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 23 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 24 Frankfurt to UK
- 25 Christmas Markets France/Germany