I am looking for some advice on a 2 and a half moth Europe trip i have been planing for a while. Me and my husband are traveling next April, from Australia, for our first BIG overseas trip. I am looking for some advice on where we can improve, We are really trying to find a happy medium between seeing a lot of places and leaving time to soak it all up, If that's even possible . We are planning on using the train/ public transport for most Journeys, however we will get a plane for those over Say 5 hours.
About us: we are a 26 year old couple, who love sport, architecture, and History. We both love the Coastal settings, and i am very keen on wine
6 Nights in Rome
4 Nights in Florence
2 Nights in Venice
1 night in Milan
2 Nights in Lake Como
We will train back to Milan and hire a car and head to Cinque terre and stay the night
From then we have 6 nights with the car to drive along the Italian coast and into the French Rivera followed by Marseille and Avignon.
From Marseille we will fly to Barcelona
3 Nights in Barcelona
2 nights in Madrid
We have then chosen a 5 day tour (through Viator) through the south of Spain (Seville, Cordoba, Toledo, Ronda, Costa del Sol, and Granada.
From the tour leaving us in Madrid we will travel to Bordeaux
2 Nights in Bordeaux
7 Nights in Paris
1 night in Brussels
2 Nights in Brugges
5 Nights in Amsterdam
5 Nights in Berlin
6 Nights in Germany Spare (Still deciding on the exact places to go, ANY IDEAS?????)
4 Nights in Munich
3 Nights in Prague
2 Nights in Innsbruck
2 Nights in Salzburg
3 Nights in Vienna
Any ideas/comments on this itinerary would be very much appreciated.
Kate And Tim
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 2 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 3 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 4 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 5 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 6 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 7 Chania
- 8 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 9 Car rental in Santorini port
- 10 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 11 Renting a car in Greece
- 12 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 13 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 14 renting a car in greece
- 15 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 16 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 17 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 18 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 19 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 20 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 21 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 22 retruning to US with souveniers
- 23 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 24 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 25 First steps for Russian trip planning