I am looking for some advice on a 2 and a half moth Europe trip i have been planing for a while. Me and my husband are traveling next April, from Australia, for our first BIG overseas trip. I am looking for some advice on where we can improve, We are really trying to find a happy medium between seeing a lot of places and leaving time to soak it all up, If that's even possible . We are planning on using the train/ public transport for most Journeys, however we will get a plane for those over Say 5 hours.
About us: we are a 26 year old couple, who love sport, architecture, and History. We both love the Coastal settings, and i am very keen on wine
6 Nights in Rome
4 Nights in Florence
2 Nights in Venice
1 night in Milan
2 Nights in Lake Como
We will train back to Milan and hire a car and head to Cinque terre and stay the night
From then we have 6 nights with the car to drive along the Italian coast and into the French Rivera followed by Marseille and Avignon.
From Marseille we will fly to Barcelona
3 Nights in Barcelona
2 nights in Madrid
We have then chosen a 5 day tour (through Viator) through the south of Spain (Seville, Cordoba, Toledo, Ronda, Costa del Sol, and Granada.
From the tour leaving us in Madrid we will travel to Bordeaux
2 Nights in Bordeaux
7 Nights in Paris
1 night in Brussels
2 Nights in Brugges
5 Nights in Amsterdam
5 Nights in Berlin
6 Nights in Germany Spare (Still deciding on the exact places to go, ANY IDEAS?????)
4 Nights in Munich
3 Nights in Prague
2 Nights in Innsbruck
2 Nights in Salzburg
3 Nights in Vienna
Any ideas/comments on this itinerary would be very much appreciated.
Kate And Tim
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 2 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 3 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 4 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 5 Praiano
- 6 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 7 No Periods in British Written English!
- 8 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 9 Ireland itinerary help please
- 10 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 11 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 12 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 13 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 14 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 15 Canal du Midi
- 16 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 17 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 18 Mini trip report - a week in London
- 19 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 20 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 21 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 22 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 23 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 24 Driving from Rennes to Geneva
- 25 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London