I will be in Milan in Sept and have approximately 3 and a half days in Milan.
Day 1(Thur) arrive in Milan, meeting with business colleagues (full day)
Day 2 (fri) (empty for now)
Day 3 (sat) - two hour tour with Tickitaly including Last Supper viewing, Sfroza Castle)This will end around 11.30 am. I will be meeting friends for shopping. (She lives in Italy so will be bringing me around)
Day 4 (sun) - Morning free, flight to Frankfurt at 6.15 pm
For Day 2 I am thinking of doing a day trip to either Lugano, Lake Como, or Verona. it is actually my first trip to Italy so perhaps that would help in decision making. I would like to visit a town with nice scenery/village setting, good food, easy accessibilty and some shopping.
For Day 4 are the shops in Milan open on Sunday? I will be staying at Hotel Straf near the Duomo.
- any recommended restaurants near the Duomo ? I would love to try authentic Italian food, some fabulous gelato and coffee.
-any telco shops near Hotel Straf? or am I better off getting a data/phone SIM from Malpensa upon landing?
Any advice re: the day trip and shopping are appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 2 Juangfrau / mt
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 5 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 6 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 7 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 8 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 9 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 10 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 11 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 12 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 13 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 14 Switzerland
- 15 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 16 Questions about Polish sights
- 17 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 18 If you had to choose one......
- 19 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 Italy
- 22 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 23 Revised itinerary for italy
- 24 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 25 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!