I will be in Milan in Sept and have approximately 3 and a half days in Milan.
Day 1(Thur) arrive in Milan, meeting with business colleagues (full day)
Day 2 (fri) (empty for now)
Day 3 (sat) - two hour tour with Tickitaly including Last Supper viewing, Sfroza Castle)This will end around 11.30 am. I will be meeting friends for shopping. (She lives in Italy so will be bringing me around)
Day 4 (sun) - Morning free, flight to Frankfurt at 6.15 pm
For Day 2 I am thinking of doing a day trip to either Lugano, Lake Como, or Verona. it is actually my first trip to Italy so perhaps that would help in decision making. I would like to visit a town with nice scenery/village setting, good food, easy accessibilty and some shopping.
For Day 4 are the shops in Milan open on Sunday? I will be staying at Hotel Straf near the Duomo.
- any recommended restaurants near the Duomo ? I would love to try authentic Italian food, some fabulous gelato and coffee.
-any telco shops near Hotel Straf? or am I better off getting a data/phone SIM from Malpensa upon landing?
Any advice re: the day trip and shopping are appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 2 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 3 Do you travel with linen clothes?
- 4 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 5 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 6 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 7 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 8 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 9 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 10 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 11 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 12 Imbros Gorge
- 13 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 14 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 15 Bus from Budva to Kotor
- 16 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 17 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 18 Itinerary Paris to Dordogne +/- Loire??
- 19 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 20 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 21 How the kids age calculated
- 22 Help required with Itinerary
- 23 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 24 Paris Navigo weekly Pass
- 25 Slovenia & Croatia Itinerary Feedback