I will be in Milan in Sept and have approximately 3 and a half days in Milan.
Day 1(Thur) arrive in Milan, meeting with business colleagues (full day)
Day 2 (fri) (empty for now)
Day 3 (sat) - two hour tour with Tickitaly including Last Supper viewing, Sfroza Castle)This will end around 11.30 am. I will be meeting friends for shopping. (She lives in Italy so will be bringing me around)
Day 4 (sun) - Morning free, flight to Frankfurt at 6.15 pm
For Day 2 I am thinking of doing a day trip to either Lugano, Lake Como, or Verona. it is actually my first trip to Italy so perhaps that would help in decision making. I would like to visit a town with nice scenery/village setting, good food, easy accessibilty and some shopping.
For Day 4 are the shops in Milan open on Sunday? I will be staying at Hotel Straf near the Duomo.
- any recommended restaurants near the Duomo ? I would love to try authentic Italian food, some fabulous gelato and coffee.
-any telco shops near Hotel Straf? or am I better off getting a data/phone SIM from Malpensa upon landing?
Any advice re: the day trip and shopping are appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 2 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 3 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 4 italy Cinque Terre
- 5 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 6 San Sebastián
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 9 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 10 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 11 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 12 Can parking
- 13 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 14 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 15 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 16 Driving through Paris
- 17 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 18 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 19 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 20 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 Zurich to Milan trip
- 23 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 24 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 25 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?