I will be in Milan in Sept and have approximately 3 and a half days in Milan.
Day 1(Thur) arrive in Milan, meeting with business colleagues (full day)
Day 2 (fri) (empty for now)
Day 3 (sat) - two hour tour with Tickitaly including Last Supper viewing, Sfroza Castle)This will end around 11.30 am. I will be meeting friends for shopping. (She lives in Italy so will be bringing me around)
Day 4 (sun) - Morning free, flight to Frankfurt at 6.15 pm
For Day 2 I am thinking of doing a day trip to either Lugano, Lake Como, or Verona. it is actually my first trip to Italy so perhaps that would help in decision making. I would like to visit a town with nice scenery/village setting, good food, easy accessibilty and some shopping.
For Day 4 are the shops in Milan open on Sunday? I will be staying at Hotel Straf near the Duomo.
- any recommended restaurants near the Duomo ? I would love to try authentic Italian food, some fabulous gelato and coffee.
-any telco shops near Hotel Straf? or am I better off getting a data/phone SIM from Malpensa upon landing?
Any advice re: the day trip and shopping are appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas - New Year Holiday
- 2 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 3 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 4 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 5 3nights in Venice
- 6 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 7 multi city flights to europe
- 8 Europe itinerary questions
- 9 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 10 Earthquake near Naples
- 11 Munich itinerary review
- 12 13 nights in switzerland
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 14 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 15 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 16 Football Tickets - Athens
- 17 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 18 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 19 Salzburg itinerary review
- 20 Positano or Sorrento?
- 21 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 22 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 23 Globus Iberian Tour
- 24 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 25 Paris in November