Looking for help with short visit to Istanbul.
On May 29 we will have 24 hrs layover in Istanbul, arriving at 5 pm. It is very short time to see anything. What is the best area to stay? Sultanahmet or may be Eminonu? I wonder if is it a good idea to take short Bosphorus ferry trip or just round trip ferry through the Bosphorus strait in the first evening after arrival (I mean ferry,not expensive Bosphous cruise)? Which ferry route is better? Do they accept credit cards? Can we pay cash in dollars or Euros?
What is best the strategy for a half of day next day? Our flight to Rome depart around 5 pm. Some sites, I have heard , will be closed, because it is Monday. Also, I would like to avoid taxis, when it is possible (read some reviews), but I am not sure how and where to buy tickets for trams, buses and etc.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Piedmont as a destination
- 2 dinner jackets
- 3 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 4 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 5 Vatican City questions
- 6 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 7 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 8 Garda Land
- 9 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 10 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 11 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 12 2 weeks Europe trip
- 13 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 14 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 15 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 16 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 17 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 18 Cordoba Overnight?
- 19 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 20 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 21 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 22 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 23 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 24 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 25 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help