Looking for help with short visit to Istanbul.
On May 29 we will have 24 hrs layover in Istanbul, arriving at 5 pm. It is very short time to see anything. What is the best area to stay? Sultanahmet or may be Eminonu? I wonder if is it a good idea to take short Bosphorus ferry trip or just round trip ferry through the Bosphorus strait in the first evening after arrival (I mean ferry,not expensive Bosphous cruise)? Which ferry route is better? Do they accept credit cards? Can we pay cash in dollars or Euros?
What is best the strategy for a half of day next day? Our flight to Rome depart around 5 pm. Some sites, I have heard , will be closed, because it is Monday. Also, I would like to avoid taxis, when it is possible (read some reviews), but I am not sure how and where to buy tickets for trams, buses and etc.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 무료 바다이야기 ● 연결 :≫tt349.com≪
- 2 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 3 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 4 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 5 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 6 Nightlife in Rome (Alone)
- 7 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 8 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 9 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 10 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 11 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 12 London 6 day itinerary
- 13 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, aperitivo in Milan, Turin, Piedmont
- 14 Sim Cards
- 15 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 16 London in Winter Report
- 17 Portugal rental car
- 18 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 19 Switzaly 2011: two sisters visit Zurich, Turin and Milan
- 20 IWM
- 21 London Hotel - Different Request
- 22 Seville to Cordoba
- 23 3 nights in Madrid
- 24 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 25 Travelling Iceland