Looking for help with short visit to Istanbul.
On May 29 we will have 24 hrs layover in Istanbul, arriving at 5 pm. It is very short time to see anything. What is the best area to stay? Sultanahmet or may be Eminonu? I wonder if is it a good idea to take short Bosphorus ferry trip or just round trip ferry through the Bosphorus strait in the first evening after arrival (I mean ferry,not expensive Bosphous cruise)? Which ferry route is better? Do they accept credit cards? Can we pay cash in dollars or Euros?
What is best the strategy for a half of day next day? Our flight to Rome depart around 5 pm. Some sites, I have heard , will be closed, because it is Monday. Also, I would like to avoid taxis, when it is possible (read some reviews), but I am not sure how and where to buy tickets for trams, buses and etc.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe First Timers
- 2 Lille Braderie 2017
- 3 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 4 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 5 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 6 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 7 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
- 8 Thinking about the Fjords
- 9 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 10 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 11 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 12 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 I see the aspect outcomes of extremely inflamed
- 15 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 16 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 17 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 18 Greek Village
- 19 Berlin
- 20 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 21 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 22 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 23 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 24 Athens Help
- 25 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow