Looking for help with short visit to Istanbul.
On May 29 we will have 24 hrs layover in Istanbul, arriving at 5 pm. It is very short time to see anything. What is the best area to stay? Sultanahmet or may be Eminonu? I wonder if is it a good idea to take short Bosphorus ferry trip or just round trip ferry through the Bosphorus strait in the first evening after arrival (I mean ferry,not expensive Bosphous cruise)? Which ferry route is better? Do they accept credit cards? Can we pay cash in dollars or Euros?
What is best the strategy for a half of day next day? Our flight to Rome depart around 5 pm. Some sites, I have heard , will be closed, because it is Monday. Also, I would like to avoid taxis, when it is possible (read some reviews), but I am not sure how and where to buy tickets for trams, buses and etc.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 2 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 3 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 4 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 5 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 6 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 7 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 8 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 9 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 10 Escargots in Paris
- 11 Paris: Where to find Steak Tartar and Escargot?
- 12 Acropolis Athens
- 13 Vacation in Great Britain
- 14 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 15 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 16 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
- 17 Interesting places to visit
- 18 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 19 Trip Ideas
- 20 We're here!
- 21 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 22 Switzerland Itinerary in 5 days early-June
- 23 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 24 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 25 Reliable tour companies for day trips?