Looking for help with short visit to Istanbul.
On May 29 we will have 24 hrs layover in Istanbul, arriving at 5 pm. It is very short time to see anything. What is the best area to stay? Sultanahmet or may be Eminonu? I wonder if is it a good idea to take short Bosphorus ferry trip or just round trip ferry through the Bosphorus strait in the first evening after arrival (I mean ferry,not expensive Bosphous cruise)? Which ferry route is better? Do they accept credit cards? Can we pay cash in dollars or Euros?
What is best the strategy for a half of day next day? Our flight to Rome depart around 5 pm. Some sites, I have heard , will be closed, because it is Monday. Also, I would like to avoid taxis, when it is possible (read some reviews), but I am not sure how and where to buy tickets for trams, buses and etc.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris in August
- 2 Spain, Portugal trip planning
- 3 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 4 Christmas in Spain
- 5 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 6 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 7 Train travel to and from Paris
- 8 Help with Spain Itinerary
- 9 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 10 Zadar or Sibenik
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 12 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 13 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 14 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 15 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 16 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 17 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 18 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 19 Driving in Italy
- 20 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning
- 21 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 22 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 23 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 24 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 25 Use of Train Tickets