Hi there. I'm heading to Europe next week for vacation, and we are flying into Vienna. Unfortunately, we firmly have only 24 hours (one overnight) in the city before moving on to other destinations. It's my second time in Vienna. On my first visit, I toured the Hofburg and the Treasury and visited Schonbrunn Palace and gardens and the Kunsthistoriches Museum. My two traveling companions are visiting for the first time, so they will likely want to see some of those top attractions. I was wanting to visit some of the smaller or lesser known museums, but I will probably only be able to get to one or two. I wanted to see how those who have had more time in Vienna would prioritize or differentiate among the Albertina, the Belvedere, MuseumsQuarter, specifically the modern art museum (can't remember its name). Or would you suggest others that I didn't mention? I am interested in Klimt and 20th-century, or even modern, art. Thanks in advance for your insight!
24 Hours in Vienna, best of the rest?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 2 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 3 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 4 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 5 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 6 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 7 4-6 weeks
- 8 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 9 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 10 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 11 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 12 Eiffel tower tickets
- 13 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 14 Venice Banning Fodors
- 15 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 16 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 17 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 18 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 19 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 20 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 21 France, Italy and Greec
- 22 How to pay tolls in Portugal when there is no toll booth
- 23 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 24 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 25 Zurich to Basel transfer