Hi there. I'm heading to Europe next week for vacation, and we are flying into Vienna. Unfortunately, we firmly have only 24 hours (one overnight) in the city before moving on to other destinations. It's my second time in Vienna. On my first visit, I toured the Hofburg and the Treasury and visited Schonbrunn Palace and gardens and the Kunsthistoriches Museum. My two traveling companions are visiting for the first time, so they will likely want to see some of those top attractions. I was wanting to visit some of the smaller or lesser known museums, but I will probably only be able to get to one or two. I wanted to see how those who have had more time in Vienna would prioritize or differentiate among the Albertina, the Belvedere, MuseumsQuarter, specifically the modern art museum (can't remember its name). Or would you suggest others that I didn't mention? I am interested in Klimt and 20th-century, or even modern, art. Thanks in advance for your insight!
24 Hours in Vienna, best of the rest?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 2 Genealogy travel in Lithuania?
- 3 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 4 Fashion for larger man?
- 5 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 6 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 7 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 8 Traveling in France by train
- 9 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 10 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 11 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 12 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 13 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 14 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 15 What to wear
- 16 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 17 what to bring to Finland - gifts from California
- 18 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 19 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 20 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 21 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 22 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 23 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 24 Croatia: Advice on 6 day itinery
- 25 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe