I have a 23 hour layover in Paris on my way back from the Amalfi coast. I land at CDG at 3:10pm on a Monday and fly out at 2pm the next day.
I have been to Paris before (for about 2 or 3 days) so I have seen the major sights- the Louvre, Pompideu, Effiel Tower, Arc de Triomphe... etc. Not looking to do those major sites, but really get a local feel- great food, bars, some good nightlife (laid back, not clubs!) or any sights/markets/adventures that are particularly local. Just want to really experience a day that is super Parisian!
Since this is just a layover, my budget is pretty small- the cheaper the better. I also need a hostel recommendation or at least a recommendation of an area to stay in. Since my stay is so short, hopefully somewhere really central. I am hoping not to spend more than $200-$300 (max) on the whole 24 hour experience.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 2 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists
- 3 Petrol in Greece
- 4 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 5 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 6 We're here!
- 7 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 8 France for 3 weeks..Too many choices
- 9 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 10 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 11 Gyms in Paris-day passes?
- 12 Christmas markets still open after Dec 25?
- 13 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 14 Swiss Travel Pass
- 15 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 16 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 17 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 18 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 19 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 20 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 21 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 22 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 23 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 24 Amsterdam in January
- 25 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??