I have a 23 hour layover in Paris on my way back from the Amalfi coast. I land at CDG at 3:10pm on a Monday and fly out at 2pm the next day.
I have been to Paris before (for about 2 or 3 days) so I have seen the major sights- the Louvre, Pompideu, Effiel Tower, Arc de Triomphe... etc. Not looking to do those major sites, but really get a local feel- great food, bars, some good nightlife (laid back, not clubs!) or any sights/markets/adventures that are particularly local. Just want to really experience a day that is super Parisian!
Since this is just a layover, my budget is pretty small- the cheaper the better. I also need a hostel recommendation or at least a recommendation of an area to stay in. Since my stay is so short, hopefully somewhere really central. I am hoping not to spend more than $200-$300 (max) on the whole 24 hour experience.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GMAIL Password Recovery CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:54O:683O Technical SUPP0RT 24*7
- 2 Naples + Walking Tour
- 3 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 4 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 5 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 6 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 7 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 8 Need hotel in Athens
- 9 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 10 Avoid Europcar!
- 11 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 12 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 13 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 14 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 15 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 16 Train / Calabria
- 17 16 days in France and Italy
- 18 Scotland - We're Here!
- 19 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 20 Paris for children
- 21 Madrid food advice needed
- 22 Best areas of Porto to stay
- 23 Couscous
- 24 Visiting Plitvice - base location/lodging
- 25 IWM