I have a 23 hour layover in Paris on my way back from the Amalfi coast. I land at CDG at 3:10pm on a Monday and fly out at 2pm the next day.
I have been to Paris before (for about 2 or 3 days) so I have seen the major sights- the Louvre, Pompideu, Effiel Tower, Arc de Triomphe... etc. Not looking to do those major sites, but really get a local feel- great food, bars, some good nightlife (laid back, not clubs!) or any sights/markets/adventures that are particularly local. Just want to really experience a day that is super Parisian!
Since this is just a layover, my budget is pretty small- the cheaper the better. I also need a hostel recommendation or at least a recommendation of an area to stay in. Since my stay is so short, hopefully somewhere really central. I am hoping not to spend more than $200-$300 (max) on the whole 24 hour experience.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily help
- 2 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 3 Transport for local Venice travel
- 4 Borghese Gallery Question
- 5 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 6 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 7 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 8 London vacation rental agency
- 9 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 10 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 11 Towns around Lucca
- 12 Cork questions
- 13 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 14 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 15 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 16 Italy Vacation
- 17 Stu Tower
- 18 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 19 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 20 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 21 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 22 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 23 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 24 Germany or Sweden
- 25 Crete Holiday