I have a 23 hour layover in Paris on my way back from the Amalfi coast. I land at CDG at 3:10pm on a Monday and fly out at 2pm the next day.
I have been to Paris before (for about 2 or 3 days) so I have seen the major sights- the Louvre, Pompideu, Effiel Tower, Arc de Triomphe... etc. Not looking to do those major sites, but really get a local feel- great food, bars, some good nightlife (laid back, not clubs!) or any sights/markets/adventures that are particularly local. Just want to really experience a day that is super Parisian!
Since this is just a layover, my budget is pretty small- the cheaper the better. I also need a hostel recommendation or at least a recommendation of an area to stay in. Since my stay is so short, hopefully somewhere really central. I am hoping not to spend more than $200-$300 (max) on the whole 24 hour experience.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 2 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 3 Amalfi Coast help
- 4 getting to CDG
- 5 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 6 CDG airport and connection time
- 7 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 8 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 9 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 10 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 11 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 12 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 13 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 14 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 15 Trains in Alps and UK
- 16 Switzerland
- 17 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 18 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 19 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 20 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 21 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 22 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 23 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 24 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 25 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)