I have a 23 hour layover in Paris on my way back from the Amalfi coast. I land at CDG at 3:10pm on a Monday and fly out at 2pm the next day.
I have been to Paris before (for about 2 or 3 days) so I have seen the major sights- the Louvre, Pompideu, Effiel Tower, Arc de Triomphe... etc. Not looking to do those major sites, but really get a local feel- great food, bars, some good nightlife (laid back, not clubs!) or any sights/markets/adventures that are particularly local. Just want to really experience a day that is super Parisian!
Since this is just a layover, my budget is pretty small- the cheaper the better. I also need a hostel recommendation or at least a recommendation of an area to stay in. Since my stay is so short, hopefully somewhere really central. I am hoping not to spend more than $200-$300 (max) on the whole 24 hour experience.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 2 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 3 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 4 Itinerary help for 2 weeks vacation
- 5 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 6 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 7 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 8 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 9 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 10 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 11 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 12 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 13 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 14 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 15 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 16 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 17 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 18 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 19 dinner jackets
- 20 2 weeks Europe trip
- 21 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 22 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 23 Itinerary Help Needed. 8 Days in Greece~
- 24 Can i camp anywhere in Iceland?
- 25 Car rental in Paris for travel to Bayeux