We are a group of four planning to visit Europe for 24Days in July - August. Fly in July 19th and Fly out on August 12th. We are planning to visit - France, Switzerland and Italy. Here is the plan we currently have in mind -
1. Fly in July 19th : Paris.
2. 19th July to 21st July - Disneyland. Checkout on 22nd. - Only 2 people until this day.
3. 3 days in Paris. (22nd July - 24th July) - 4 People all the way form this day onwards.
4. 3 Days in Nice/MonteCarlo. (25th July - 27th July ) - Need help in planning on this part of South France
5. Fly to Switzwerland, We check easyjet.com, looks like we have cheap Flights till Geneva. - 28th July.
6. Train or Rent car from Geneva to Interlaken or Lauterbrunnen. We have 5 nights/6days planned here. 28th July till 2nd Aug.
7. We will be making Lauterbrunnen/Interlaken as "Base" and plan to visit these areas. - Need help in planning on this part of Switzerland
Interlaken (miniature train museum perhaps?)
Boat ride to Brienz
And, some walks in the area.
8. Leave on 2nd August, Reach Venice. Venice - 2 days
9. Leave on 5th August, Reach Florence. Pisa/Tuscony etc. - 3 Days
10. Leave on 8th, Reach Rome. 4 Days.
Rome Sightseeing, Vatican.
11. 12th Aug - Fly out of Rome.
Constraints/"Can't Change this" Items:
1. Fly in on Jul 19th - Paris
2. 2 Days in Disney Land
3. Fly out on Aug 12th - Rome.
Now for the questions -
1. Is this Itinerary doable or is it too ambitious. If it gets too hectic, we dont mind dropping off a few places.
2. Number of days in each place, is it fine or do we need to increase/decrease the duration in any of the places?
3. Need suggestions for Switzerland part of the trip Need a plan for 5 days!
4. We know July - Aug is the peak holiday season along with the olympics in Britian etc but we do not have a choice. How crowded will the peak season get?
5. Also need suggestions for Disneyland part of the Trip:
a. Accommodation. I saw Radission Blu which is housed in Disney Golf Village giving us around 250Euros per night. I also saw a few hotels outside the park, for around 100E. Any suggestions on where to stay? Especially worried about the Food, since we are Veggies
b. We are planning for 2 Day Park Hopper Tickets. Is this good?
c. We are reaching there on 19th July @2PM. Any suggestions on what to do on this day?
6. Also, we have a budget of around 400-450Euros per day.
Any help/pointers/suggestion is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 2 "Too Much Cows"
- 3 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 4 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 5 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 6 Thinking about the Fjords
- 7 Athens Help
- 8 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 9 Rome to Venice
- 10 Alitala
- 11 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 12 Bordeaux to Nice
- 13 Whathello Paris
- 14 Trains in Italy
- 15 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 16 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 17 One free day in Barcelona
- 18 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 19 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 20 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 21 Aix-en-Provence for a day
- 22 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 23 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 24 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 25 Possible French strike on 9/21