Hello! We have a long layover in Paris on the way back from a Southern Italy trip next August and are trying to figure out the best neighborhood to stay in for easy access to/from the airport and sightseeing. We have been to Paris before and have seen all the "biggies" so this time around I think our sightseeing list includes the Orsay, the very tip top of the Eiffel Tower ( didn't spend the money to go all the way up last time and have regretted it since) and a fabulous dinner. We arrive at about 11:30am into Orly and leave 10:30am out of CDG. Any suggestions for the best area to accomodate all of that? We would prefer to take public transport to/from the airports. Thanks!
23 hours in Paris... What area to stay in?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Belgium/Holland OR Paris/Strasbourg/Lucern
- 2 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 3 Wake up...all fodor posters who are so helpful...
- 4 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 5 First time traveler to Ireland
- 6 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 7 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 8 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 9 Prague - must see
- 10 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 11 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 12 Euro Train
- 13 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 14 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 15 Getting to Gatwick and home again
- 16 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 17 Advises for trip to Russia
- 18 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 19 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 20 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 21 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 22 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 23 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 24 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 25 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking