Hello! We have a long layover in Paris on the way back from a Southern Italy trip next August and are trying to figure out the best neighborhood to stay in for easy access to/from the airport and sightseeing. We have been to Paris before and have seen all the "biggies" so this time around I think our sightseeing list includes the Orsay, the very tip top of the Eiffel Tower ( didn't spend the money to go all the way up last time and have regretted it since) and a fabulous dinner. We arrive at about 11:30am into Orly and leave 10:30am out of CDG. Any suggestions for the best area to accomodate all of that? We would prefer to take public transport to/from the airports. Thanks!
23 hours in Paris... What area to stay in?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 2 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 3 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 4 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 5 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 6 Snowboarding in Poland
- 7 Travel with Teens
- 8 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 9 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 10 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 11 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 12 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 13 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 14 best beaches on the costa del sol
- 15 One Week in Costa del Sol with a rental car. Ideas for Day Trips???
- 16 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 17 15-days in Turkey with 15-month old, Istanbul and..?
- 18 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 19 Finding a hotel/resort on the Costa del Sol with an indoor pool
- 20 Barcelona and Costa del Sol
- 21 Paris Restaurants in the 7th
- 22 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 23 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 24 Reims for a day
- 25 Airfare for summer travel to Europe