Hello! We have a long layover in Paris on the way back from a Southern Italy trip next August and are trying to figure out the best neighborhood to stay in for easy access to/from the airport and sightseeing. We have been to Paris before and have seen all the "biggies" so this time around I think our sightseeing list includes the Orsay, the very tip top of the Eiffel Tower ( didn't spend the money to go all the way up last time and have regretted it since) and a fabulous dinner. We arrive at about 11:30am into Orly and leave 10:30am out of CDG. Any suggestions for the best area to accomodate all of that? We would prefer to take public transport to/from the airports. Thanks!
23 hours in Paris... What area to stay in?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 seeking travel tips in italy and crotia
- 2 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 3 Paris and where else?
- 4 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 5 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 6 Itinerary concerns, please help
- 7 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 8 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 9 Internet or travel agent?
- 10 Neighbourhood for longer stay in Lisbon?
- 11 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 12 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 13 Aran Islands in wintertime
- 14 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 15 Beware Hotel Henry IV on Place Dauphine, Paris
- 16 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 17 Christmas windows in Paris
- 18 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 19 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 20 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 21 Autumn in Paris
- 22 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 23 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 24 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 25 Raining in rome