Hello! We have a long layover in Paris on the way back from a Southern Italy trip next August and are trying to figure out the best neighborhood to stay in for easy access to/from the airport and sightseeing. We have been to Paris before and have seen all the "biggies" so this time around I think our sightseeing list includes the Orsay, the very tip top of the Eiffel Tower ( didn't spend the money to go all the way up last time and have regretted it since) and a fabulous dinner. We arrive at about 11:30am into Orly and leave 10:30am out of CDG. Any suggestions for the best area to accomodate all of that? We would prefer to take public transport to/from the airports. Thanks!
23 hours in Paris... What area to stay in?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 2 What still confounds you about travel?
- 3 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 4 Venice Restaurant - Open on Mondays
- 5 Pronunciation
- 6 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 7 Monet in Normandy
- 8 Dublin Tour Companies
- 9 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 10 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 11 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 12 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 13 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 14 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 15 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 16 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 17 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 18 Stay near Paris
- 19 direct train from Lyon to Nice France?
- 20 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 21 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 22 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 23 What to wear
- 24 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 25 Italy Itinerary - Draft