I will be going home to Italy for a wedding in April, and I intend on staying here for approximately a couple weeks and then meeting a friend somewhere else in Europe and we plan on spending an additional 3 months around Europe while we're away from school. We basically don't have a destination in mind. I'm well traveled so I want to experience a side of Europe that perhaps I haven't seen before or didn't see much of. (Spain is basically covered from East to West, North to South.)
We tend to travel to big cities and wouldn't mind at all, however we would like to spend some time near the beach - none where we live. But wouldn't like to spend an hour to get to the beach.
So what I'm wondering is, if anyone has any suggestions for a couple of 22 year olds for destinations that are suited for young adults for early summer/late spring.
If it helps, I'm not a big fan of overly sophisticated cities like Milan and instantly fall inlove with vibrant cities like Gold Coast and Florence and adore homey cities like Bari and Gijon where not very many tourists seem to crowd into.
But all in all, we're not picky at all. Just want to have fun.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 2 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 3 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 4 Scotland in 7 Days
- 5 Azores
- 6 Short Trip in July
- 7 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 8 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 9 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 10 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 11 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 12 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 13 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 14 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 15 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 16 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 17 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 18 Norway in a Nutshell - Travel Report
- 19 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 20 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 21 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 22 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 23 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 24 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 25 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report