I will be going home to Italy for a wedding in April, and I intend on staying here for approximately a couple weeks and then meeting a friend somewhere else in Europe and we plan on spending an additional 3 months around Europe while we're away from school. We basically don't have a destination in mind. I'm well traveled so I want to experience a side of Europe that perhaps I haven't seen before or didn't see much of. (Spain is basically covered from East to West, North to South.)
We tend to travel to big cities and wouldn't mind at all, however we would like to spend some time near the beach - none where we live. But wouldn't like to spend an hour to get to the beach.
So what I'm wondering is, if anyone has any suggestions for a couple of 22 year olds for destinations that are suited for young adults for early summer/late spring.
If it helps, I'm not a big fan of overly sophisticated cities like Milan and instantly fall inlove with vibrant cities like Gold Coast and Florence and adore homey cities like Bari and Gijon where not very many tourists seem to crowd into.
But all in all, we're not picky at all. Just want to have fun.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 2 driving from prague to salzburg
- 3 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 4 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 5 Versailles
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 8 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 9 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 10 Germany train help!
- 11 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 12 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 13 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 14 Sicily
- 15 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 16 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 17 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 18 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 19 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 20 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 21 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 22 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 23 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 24 We're here!
- 25 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out