I will be going home to Italy for a wedding in April, and I intend on staying here for approximately a couple weeks and then meeting a friend somewhere else in Europe and we plan on spending an additional 3 months around Europe while we're away from school. We basically don't have a destination in mind. I'm well traveled so I want to experience a side of Europe that perhaps I haven't seen before or didn't see much of. (Spain is basically covered from East to West, North to South.)
We tend to travel to big cities and wouldn't mind at all, however we would like to spend some time near the beach - none where we live. But wouldn't like to spend an hour to get to the beach.
So what I'm wondering is, if anyone has any suggestions for a couple of 22 year olds for destinations that are suited for young adults for early summer/late spring.
If it helps, I'm not a big fan of overly sophisticated cities like Milan and instantly fall inlove with vibrant cities like Gold Coast and Florence and adore homey cities like Bari and Gijon where not very many tourists seem to crowd into.
But all in all, we're not picky at all. Just want to have fun.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland car rental agencies
- 2 Paris- restaurant
- 3 Best daypack ?
- 4 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 5 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 6 cell plan ?
- 7 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 8 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 9 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 10 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 11 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 12 Flights to Crete from NE coast of USA
- 13 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 14 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 15 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 16 Best layover option
- 17 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 18 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 19 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 20 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 21 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 22 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 23 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 24 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 25 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais