I will be going home to Italy for a wedding in April, and I intend on staying here for approximately a couple weeks and then meeting a friend somewhere else in Europe and we plan on spending an additional 3 months around Europe while we're away from school. We basically don't have a destination in mind. I'm well traveled so I want to experience a side of Europe that perhaps I haven't seen before or didn't see much of. (Spain is basically covered from East to West, North to South.)
We tend to travel to big cities and wouldn't mind at all, however we would like to spend some time near the beach - none where we live. But wouldn't like to spend an hour to get to the beach.
So what I'm wondering is, if anyone has any suggestions for a couple of 22 year olds for destinations that are suited for young adults for early summer/late spring.
If it helps, I'm not a big fan of overly sophisticated cities like Milan and instantly fall inlove with vibrant cities like Gold Coast and Florence and adore homey cities like Bari and Gijon where not very many tourists seem to crowd into.
But all in all, we're not picky at all. Just want to have fun.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 2 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 3 First time in Bulgaria
- 4 Paris in September
- 5 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 6 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 7 Day trips from Florence
- 8 St Denis Cathedral
- 9 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 10 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 11 May get together in Paris
- 12 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 13 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 14 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 15 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 16 No Periods in British Written English!
- 17 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 18 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 19 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 20 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 21 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 22 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 23 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 24 Self drive tour companies
- 25 Rouen Tour Companies