I will be going home to Italy for a wedding in April, and I intend on staying here for approximately a couple weeks and then meeting a friend somewhere else in Europe and we plan on spending an additional 3 months around Europe while we're away from school. We basically don't have a destination in mind. I'm well traveled so I want to experience a side of Europe that perhaps I haven't seen before or didn't see much of. (Spain is basically covered from East to West, North to South.)
We tend to travel to big cities and wouldn't mind at all, however we would like to spend some time near the beach - none where we live. But wouldn't like to spend an hour to get to the beach.
So what I'm wondering is, if anyone has any suggestions for a couple of 22 year olds for destinations that are suited for young adults for early summer/late spring.
If it helps, I'm not a big fan of overly sophisticated cities like Milan and instantly fall inlove with vibrant cities like Gold Coast and Florence and adore homey cities like Bari and Gijon where not very many tourists seem to crowd into.
But all in all, we're not picky at all. Just want to have fun.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pay attention to your watches !
- 2 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 3 Quizz !
- 4 car insurance italy
- 5 8 Days in Spain
- 6 Venice/Mestre
- 7 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 8 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 9 Italy Car Scam
- 10 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 11 auto europa or auto europe?
- 12 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 13 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 14 Barcelona alternative
- 15 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 16 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 17 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 18 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 19 Spanish Medical Providers
- 20 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 21 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 22 9 Days in Spain
- 23 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 24 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 25 Paris to Italy