Haven't posted for awhile, but need help planning a trip to England. We've spent a month in Scotland years ago and want to save Ireland for another trip. We're two couples, 70's and 80's, traveled a lot, but too old to rent a car and drive--and that's the problem, getting from place to place.
We would like to spend 7 nights in the lake district, 4 in the Cotswolds, 3 in Bath, 3 in Cornwall, and the rest in London.
We got our airfare today, a great drop in price, from the U.S. to Manchester. Now how to get to Keswick, where we have reserved a B & B for 7 nights. Like to find some company with a van to pick us up, with our luggage, and transport us to the B & B. I've emailed the B & B to see if they know someone, but haven't heard back yet.
Next, how to get to the Cotswolds and what village to stay in that is convenient for walking/ tours/ trains/ buses. Any favorite village/inns/b & b's? We're not big on big cities, want to enjoy the countryside and beautiful villages and do short walks.
From there, to Bath. Have three days there. Any suggestions on how to get there easily, and where to stay? Next to Cornwall, is it easy to get there from Bath? Is Penzance a good place to get tours from?
Have to see Port Issac,or Port Wen, as it's called on "Dr Martin".
From there to London for four nights. Is the Paddington Station area a good area to stay and catch tours and tube?
Our trip is in mid Sept to early Oct, so still lots of time to plan. We were wondering if that time of year you would need to reserve B & Bs, etc. in advance or can we just wing it. and find nice places when we arrive at a destination.
The logistics of traveling from place to place is the hardest for me.
Thanks for your help, Granny
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 2 Acorn TV
- 3 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 4 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 5 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 6 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 7 Petrol in Greece
- 8 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 9 We're here!
- 10 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 11 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 12 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 13 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 14 Another tipping question: concierges
- 15 6-7 Days in France
- 16 International Flight Question
- 17 5 Days in Switzerland
- 18 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 19 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 20 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 21 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 22 Bremerhaven and environs
- 23 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 24 Spain in July
- 25 Van Gogh Museum advice