Haven't posted for awhile, but need help planning a trip to England. We've spent a month in Scotland years ago and want to save Ireland for another trip. We're two couples, 70's and 80's, traveled a lot, but too old to rent a car and drive--and that's the problem, getting from place to place.
We would like to spend 7 nights in the lake district, 4 in the Cotswolds, 3 in Bath, 3 in Cornwall, and the rest in London.
We got our airfare today, a great drop in price, from the U.S. to Manchester. Now how to get to Keswick, where we have reserved a B & B for 7 nights. Like to find some company with a van to pick us up, with our luggage, and transport us to the B & B. I've emailed the B & B to see if they know someone, but haven't heard back yet.
Next, how to get to the Cotswolds and what village to stay in that is convenient for walking/ tours/ trains/ buses. Any favorite village/inns/b & b's? We're not big on big cities, want to enjoy the countryside and beautiful villages and do short walks.
From there, to Bath. Have three days there. Any suggestions on how to get there easily, and where to stay? Next to Cornwall, is it easy to get there from Bath? Is Penzance a good place to get tours from?
Have to see Port Issac,or Port Wen, as it's called on "Dr Martin".
From there to London for four nights. Is the Paddington Station area a good area to stay and catch tours and tube?
Our trip is in mid Sept to early Oct, so still lots of time to plan. We were wondering if that time of year you would need to reserve B & Bs, etc. in advance or can we just wing it. and find nice places when we arrive at a destination.
The logistics of traveling from place to place is the hardest for me.
Thanks for your help, Granny
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 2 Venice
- 3 Self catering house area 't Gooi for young family
- 4 London 2For1 question
- 5 Austria**+27737016174~lost lover back/Divorce spells Cape Town,Pretoria,USA
- 6 Pre-Bookings in London?
- 7 ~Europe/UK/USA*+27737016174`herbalist healers South Africa,love spells,Iran
- 8 ~UK**+27737016174~herbalist healers in*Polokwane,Europe,USA,Russia
- 9 USA**+27737016174`Herbalist healers in Europe,England,London
- 10 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 11 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 12 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 13 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 14 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 15 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 16 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 17 Andalusia with kids What should they read before we visit?
- 18 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 19 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 20 Porto and vicinity
- 21 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 22 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 23 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 24 Norway fjord
- 25 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!